Resolved (BL) Sickly mc who runs off jobs business

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by minniemi, Aug 5, 2022.

1. minniemi

minniemi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!

I started this really interesting BL novel awhile back but forgot what it is called. I can’t remember the characters’ names but here are all the details I remember from the first few chapters I read:
    FYI in case not seen in title, it is BL novel. Now here are details I remember:
    It’s set in time period before technology. It might have magic (idk).
    Plot I remember from first few chapters:
    There’s a man (shou; I’ll refer to him as A) runs this business that will take any job and complete it if he finds the payment worth it or the task worth it. A is terminally ill and desperately wants a cure to his disease. This other guy (I’ll call him B) comes to A and claims to have a magical artifact that can cure A’s disease. B says he’ll give A the artifact on the condition that A comes with him to complete some task far away. A is very reluctant to travel because of his disease but does so anyway because he really wants this artifact that can cure him. Except there is no artifact because B made it all up, and all of B’s servants and henchmen traveling with B know this, and only A and his people don’t.

As A, B, and their entourage travel to the task B wants A’s help with, everyone notices how nice A is, and B’s people are feeling really guilty about deceiving A but still don’t tell him the truth.
    Throughout the trip, A’s body temperature fluctuates due to his disease.

A, B, and their entourage finally reach their destination. They stay at inn at foot of mountain and try to get invitation to go to exclusive rooms at top of the mountain because they need to talk to an assassin who is staying there.
    A and B, as well as 4-5 other people who they don’t know, manage to get invited to go up the mountain and stay in the places up there. The way up the mountain is really dangerous and snowy.

So now, there are around 6-7 people in this main house area on the mountain, and supposedly the assassin and owner of the houses is also up on the mountain in one of the houses, but no one has made contact with them yet.

the group starts getting really unsettled that the owner of the houses never came to greet them and decide to go down the mountain. A snowstorm starts and they worry about how they will get down. The female cook, who is always at the top of the mountain, mentions that there is a woodcutter who comes up frequently to bring her more firewood and that he knows the mountains so well that he can guide them down. So, the group anxiously await the arrival of the woodcutter. Finally, they see him in the distance coming up the mountain, when he gets blown up. The group is shocked and come to the conclusion that the mountain has been booby-trapped, and that someone purposely got them to all come up to this isolated mountain and then trapped them, but they don’t know who did this or why yet.

someone in the group suggests they all sit down and start listing any people who might have grudges with them to try and figure out who did this. The group agrees so everyone sits down and starts sharing any incidents or conflicts they had with people in the past. One is a woman and she says she doesn’t have any. Another is some dude who is like “yeah, a lot of people hate me.” And so on. A and B have not done anything romantic up to this point and this is where I had left off when reading.

also: the female cook is very fond of A in a motherly way because he is friendly and has a discerning palate.

aight, that’s all I can remember atm! I’ll add if I remember more! In meantime, pls let me know if you have an idea of what this novel might be called! Thank you :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  2. Cyltea

Cyltea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    minniemi likes this.
  3. minniemi

minniemi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh this is the novel!!! Thank you so much! :aww:

Cyltea likes this.