Spoiler To Take a Mermaid’s Heart

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by An_Ordinary_Weeb, Aug 5, 2022.

1. An_Ordinary_Weeb

An_Ordinary_Weeb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers. Please.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Ansiaoooo

Ansiaoooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

You tore out my heart. Now, I must find out why. The humans of the Bavenberg Empire and the sea people called mermarcs have been embroiled in a bloody war for over a decade. When a truce is finally called, a young half-mermarc girl called Cordelia is sent to the imperial palace as a token of peace. As the years pass by, she befriends the imperial prince, Noah von Bavenberg, and the lady-in-waiting, Melina von Hannover. She has everything that she could want or need, except for one thing – the ability to set foot outside of the imperial villa. Despite this, Cordelia spends her days free from care, surrounded by the love of her friends and the generosity of the emperor. However, on her 18th birthday, Cordelia’s life takes a dark and twisted turn. After a horrific incident, she finds herself transported two years back in time. Can Cordelia remove the veil from her eyes to discover the sinister truth behind the empire? Will she be able to save herself from the inevitable events to come?

Manhwa Raws : https://www.comico.kr/comic/8284

4. Rukul2

Rukul2 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor seems sus, is he the villain? And what’s up with the mother?

your crush, Rin.rinaaa and Nikibunny like this.
  5. shurixx

shurixx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Averyn

Averyn The Forum Lurker |ω・)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    I think this is the manhwa artist's twitter?

Also, I'm wondering why the emperor looks like a kid... But
    Screenshot_2022_0805_175230.png
    This is from chapter 2

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  7. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am confused....is the emperor related to her??

8. DapperDabber

DapperDabber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does MC's heart make people not age? I'm basing this off of how nobody looked like they aged in the manhwa (ex. maids and emperor) other than the MC. I feel like the ring which I'm gonna assume is what turns back time, is related to the power(?) of mermarcs hearts or at least MC's since if MC's heart does stop people from aging and the ring turns back time then both would have powers related to time. Also curious about how long the emperor has lived since they used a silhouette of them at the beginning when explaining the war between mermarcs and the empire but, not sure if they're hinting at the emperor having lived a long time prior to the truce or if there just showing the current emperor in that section.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  9. Leileya

Leileya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far it looks as if the Emperor is the villain and the mother (we actually don’t know if that’s really her mother or not the Queen of the Mermacs). She never trusted humans, saying that they are greedy and will betray her eventually. From Chapters 1-2, it looks as if that is the case. I don’t know if I can ignore what the Emperor did. But there are quite a few stories where one being is supposed to be the salvation of many. I don’t like this moral exercise as no matter what, it makes that person a monster. Now IF they willingly died for the many, that’s different (think Spock in Wrath of Khan in Star Trek. He risked his life to save many more. He did it himself). But to kill someone who has no idea. Someone who trusts you. Yeaaaaaah, I can’t wrap my mind around it at all.

(Note: There is a possibility that someone disguised himself as the Emperor.)

10. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the emperor is cursed and needs FL's heart to make himself into a 'normal adult' again? or Maybe he is immortal and wants more power?

Averyn likes this.
  11. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    syofiaa likes this.
  12. Nikibunny

Nikibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor is very powerful and that's why he looks young and he's 50 years old

13. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the fact that the prince is an idiot. I think the manhwa is currently showing him as the ML and the fact that he is the son of that maniac while also being a spineless idiot is just a recipe for disaster where the MC will be going against the emperor and this dipsh*t being indecisive and believing in his murderous father

14. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor is a psycho, the prince don't have a backbone, the female attendant is a spy.
    Just wow

15. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a theory. The Emperor is obsessed with the Mer-folk because they’re essentially walking and talking treasure trove. I felt dirty typing that. However, from the way he spoke and the way they treat the bodies of the deceased merfolk I believe this to be true. The Emperor probably provoked the Merfolk by poaching the people and they retaliated. The Emperor saw this as a chance and made a full out war as reason for trying to sate his rapacious consumption. People believe his bullshit that the merfolk cover the land they live on. He probably wants her heart for immortality and kill off his useless son. ‍♀️ Again. All theory.

16. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than because of his power, I'm thinking the emperor is maybe cursed to look like a child and wants to break that curse. Plus power etc.

Anyway, Melina seems to really care for Cordelia, but has to listen to the emperor as he's threatening her about her brother.

And about the mermaid folk attacking humans first and breaking the peace treaty, I bet it was not the case and it's all the emperor's scheme. Cordelia's mom already warned her humans are greedy.

I wonder who Cordelia's human father might be... maybe the emperor.

its0k likes this.
  17. chessmanDuke

chessmanDuke Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML

18. crossover

crossover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any more spoilers?

19. Mmunchkin97

Mmunchkin97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe i'm early in wishing that there's a spoiler.

20. ErryChu

ErryChu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this story is nice but it isn’t my type of story, it made me interested in the plots but not the FL, but again, I can’t fault her for being weak since that’s all she knows, being trapped inside a palace and no one is teaching her. And her close maid Melina is even a spy. :/ yeah I’m interested in the plots just not the FL.

Rania want to QT and DOHere like this.