Discussion My body, My say

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xiao Yi, Aug 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you believe in this?
    Do you agree?
    Is body shaming the new norm?
    Just because you are fat or too thin then you don't deserve genuine happiness?
    Do you use your own picture as avi in social media or any online sites/forum like NUF?
    Do you feel proud with how you look?
    Or do you feel inferior and insecured?

As for me, I prefer compliments about my personality than how I look. Yes, I am a bit insecure with no confidence but I can't really say that I hate how I look. I just don't like fake compliments or unreal suggestions as if they care about you but all they care about is what other people say about you. Its like they judge you with how you look than being the real you.

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  2. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t use my own photo since i seldom took a picture of myself and i find it very ridiculous to have a irl profile pic on social media (why would u want to put ur pic out to a platform that nobody care abt u) (except u are on tinder or smth)

3. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After a few years, I stopped concerning myself with that. I realized that Humanity at large isn't worth me spending any effort or concern about it. There are only a handful of individuals that I value their opinion, and they are honestly blunt with it :blob_grin:.
    I reckon I could take care of myself and my image a little bit, but that's up to me only, not someone else :blobunamused:.

xiao Yi likes this.
  4. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    very well said (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Indeed ♡(∩o∩)♡
    Well, the same on facebook. I no longer use even my full name ~

5. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    your body IS you own, just dont think other people need to accommodate you.
    If you're over 500 pounds and none of the chairs can hold the gargantuan mass of useless fat that is your ass, you'd best sit on the goddamn floor

6. schrodingers mushroom

schrodingers mushroom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My rule is just do what you like, be sure it doesnt affect you or other people negatively, and if it does then make sure the people affected are the ones you don't like. And if you don't like yourself, welp idk im not a therapist i read novels online for fun thats it.

7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally don't care about how other people treat their bodies. If they are irresponsible, it is their business to suffer.

justmehere, Almaa and xiao Yi like this.
  8. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, yes, we get it; it's your body to hide wherever you wish, be it in the backyard or in the bathtub. :blobspearpeek:

xiao Yi likes this.
  9. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    If it doesn't affect me then i don't really care if people live unhealthily or not. I do agree with something Jordan Peterson said about this though.
    I only use/used a proper picture on Instagram or when I played with some friends and we all placed pictures of ourselves as a team, funny times. For the rest, I go with characters I like or with images that would mess with some people :blobpopcorn:

aShinyVaporeon and xiao Yi like this.
  10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Never ever shame people for their fat body. Help them to get healthier.

What you have to realize, it is harder for fat people to fix themself up. There is already hormone imbalance and organ problems that causes fat people to dig deeper into the abyss.

You need triple efforts in order to change. It can only hqppen with other people help.

xiao Yi likes this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    term and condition apply...
    what?
    that usually happen~

anyway~
    no this cat never use real photo for avatar cuz tbh this cat like take pictures of other stuff rather than selfie~ never interested into making one unless it obligations, duty or such like family photo~ neither proud nor shame just irrelevant~

whenever this cat such sentence this cat always think~ term and condition apply~ be healthy physically and mentally~ imo some people tend forget the balance~

xiao Yi likes this.
  12. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: I never take photo unless it's absolute necessary.
    :hmm: I don't really care about how I look tbh nor do I care about how people thinks I look. But yes I do care about people's opinion of my cleanliness. I ain't letting it go if someone says I'm dirty/smelly:blobspearpeek:. Can't say that I'm insecure about my looks either. Not because I'm good looking or anything, just because I have never thought about whether people considers me good looking or not:blobpeek:. Why should I care bout that s#it anyway? I don't get it.

xiao Yi likes this.
  13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The only people who are kinda allowed to comment on your body are your birth parents, and even then, it shouldn't be in excess like it's the only important thing about you. And it would be creepy. They should comment if they see some unhealthy trends, but obsessing over it is counterproductive. Other than that, it's nobody's business but your own. No one can actually live your life instead of you and fix your perceived problems for you, so why even bother commenting?

Personally, I'm quite vain and care about my looks, but I'm also annoyed by how others see me. I don't want them to notice me, I want to look good only for my mirror, it's a strange kind of narcissism I guess, who knows. Maybe because I'm asexual. Male attention is hella annoying, but they all assume you look good to attract them >_>.

xiao Yi likes this.