Recommendations Female lead no romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by teargrants, Aug 8, 2022.

1. teargrants

teargrants Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any fantasy/historical novels with a fl but no romance? (basically anything similar to Trash of the Count's Family but with a fl)

shinyeevee likes this.
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Purelove

Purelove Pure Love Translations

Reading List:
    Link
  4. dkpough1

dkpough1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have plenty of fantasy novels with female MCs, but if you're specifically interested in transmigration into a noble's body like the novel you mentioned, then here are some:

Translated:
    Original English
    • Tori Transmigrated - MC is transmigrated into the body of a villainess noble girl from a dating sim. She's expressly aromantic, which she was in the 40 years of her previous life. Though, there is a male character whom all the other characters try to ship her with, basically ignoring that she says she has no interest in romance (she's not asexual, though)
    • Memoirs of Your Local Small-time Villainess - MC transmigrates into the body of a minor villainess from an RPG. No interest in romance so far, mostly just trying to run her barony and abuse her game knowledge to earn money and get stronger.
    • Fated To Fall: A Transmigrator LitRPG Tale - Similar premise to the above story; MC tries to get stronger and level up to gain influence
    • Reincarnated as a Familiar - Different from the above, the MC is reincarnated as a magical cat and the familiar of a noble girl who is enrolled in a magic academy
    • A Touch of Power - MC is reincarnated into a world with magic and a system; she gets special treatment as a traveler and interacts with nobility. Second book has her at the magic academy.
    I also have a bunch that are more adventure or slice of life like In the Land of Leadale, but the above are the ones most similar to Trash of the Count's Family. If you're also interested those, then let me know.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  5. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend this, but as a heads up, it does have late romance (once MC isn't a child any more)

At first I was like 'hmm, this request shouldn't be too hard...' but then it hit me how few no-romance fl novels there are. And most of them are either child MC + father figure or kind of dark with a loner MC, both of which are pretty different from TCF.

So if you're going for the friendship and loyal subordinates aspect of TCF without death and gore, well, the only one I've read that would kind of fit is A Wild Last Boss Appeared - it's not quite FL since it's gender bender, though. If you're alright with something darker, I Reincarnated as a Noble Girl Villainess But Why Did It Turn Out This Way? (WN) (LN) is kind of like that.

Other than that, Otome Game no Heroine de Saikyou Survival (LN) has some of the right tags, but I haven't tried it.

6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like books like this, and I can think of a few, but they're all either non-translated or undertranslated. I can give you Chinese titles, if anyone is interested.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link