Discussion Question: If you were a stoic teacher incharge of physics in science

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eat_Angst, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were a stoic teacher incharge of physics in science and you had: before exams; gave your students the most important questions to practice and a student, or several students, bring 22/25 in physics but still fail in the whole subject because the total marks they brought turns out to be 36 which is 4 marks lower then the pass marks, will you still proceed with the promised punishment or not? Because, at least i passed in your subject? only skipped 1 question and it was a numerical. Waiting online for answers...

Also, if you are a history teacher with a loose screw and had taken your sweet time with the syllable and made the classes: which do not get along well most the time; exchange notes and wasted over 7 days with nonsense talk and 8 days with unexplained absence and 3 days with 'oh im so great, im right, you guys agree yeah?' brainwash , and a student who repeatedly hasnt completed the notes and recieved your warnings, failed in your subject, will you still proceed to have a heart-to-heart talk with my mother?

2. schrodingers mushroom

schrodingers mushroom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I lost you on the third sentence, all I know is the stundent's iq is higher than mine for sho.

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to understand this word vomit. What does stoic have to do with being a physics teacher? Yes physics is a branch of science...and you should say physics teacher, not in charge of physics. Physics is not a company business department.

4. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be like my regional studies prof sweet mouth cold hearted

Baldingere likes this.
  5. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The words are all over the place and I don't really understand the situation, but I get that your teachers screwed the exams for you and then got your mom involved when you didn't perform well.
    My condolences.

Baldingere and luoxinle like this.
  6. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? I’m wondering if you read mtl to write this badly… but ok.
    You should probably go back and study grammar again, you had no idea how my brain hurts after reading your words.
    Fortunately, you met an mtl novel reader expert.

For the first question, the teacher should compromise their punishment. Although I don’t know what kind of punishment there is, as long as it’s not physically harmful. You were told before that there will be some punishment if you fail class, there’s no reason not to do it. It’s the student fault for not catching up to class. Even if the teacher is useless, at least study before exams.

For the second question, I’m no teacher, but if that teacher is on my life. I’ll tell the principal first to fire them with a reason of evidence. If it does not work, I’ll tell the parents to push principal to fire the historical teacher.

Blossom_Honey likes this.
  7. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
  8. QueenAthy

QueenAthy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RAVEN IM BACK!!!!!

9. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't teach children, so the question of micromanaging or meting out punishments doesn't arise. I teach college/university students, so it's either warnings or suspension, and that too only for gross misconduct or malpractice. Even the review meetings we have with parents is just for the sake of adherence to laid-out procedure. School teachers and consequently school-going children have it much harder.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Baldingere, Mr gentleman and luoxinle like this.
  10. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    I think OP means stoichiometry? OP is obviously a child. Let's be kind.

11. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the OP means to say the physics teacher in question is indifferent (and a bit pedantic, perhaps) and might not be willing to take extenuating circumstances into account, namely the OP's good performance in physics while she fails the paper (science, presumably) as a whole.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Saphychan likes this.
  12. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    I kept looking at the op's post for a few minutes :blobsleepless:. Thought how should I.... no what should I comment. Then decided to keep mum for I can't comprehend what op is trying to say.
    Anyway :blob_patpat: Gl op! Get over it! It's just a exam............

13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd suggest you work on developing a study strategy that works for you and train your memory, logic, and problem-solving. It'll help you in the long run. Basically, work on yourself while you're young and have the time. If you want. The teachers are underpaid, tired, and grumpy. Not all of them are nice, some play favorites, some are racist, sexist, whatever. If you have a nice one - great. But don't count on them 100% to shape your future. That's in your hands. Big deal what grade they give you or what they say to mom and dad. Think of what you want to do or achieve in the future and work toward that goal. I'd say more but I have no idea where you're from. Education is very different in different countries.

luoxinle and AnneGriffin like this.