Recommendations Novels where there is mysterious

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by NoNamejustGhost, Aug 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    Hy, There as the title say I am looking for novel where is there mystery.
    --But I categories mysteries in two way.
    One is Like Lord of Mysteries and an other where whole kingdom is after mc because of something.
    I don't want people to after Mc mystery but Mysteries like LOM , EP and hell even like ATG.
    On that note:-
    How Amazing it would be if Trash of Count Family artist do the comic of Lord of Mysteries!

Ps:- Sorry for bad English.

2. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    House of horror

3. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for.

My House of Horrors - is set in the modern world where the MC is someone running a haunted house. The story then focuses around him running around and solving murder cases and actual ghost stories which in turn rewards him with stuff to expand or improve his haunted house. The story pretty much splits between the MC solving ghost stories and then we follow normal citizens who enter the haunted house to get scared.

Become The Lord Of Cthulhu - For now only it's manhua is being translated but there is a novel and I've been reading the raws with MTL which is working pretty good. Similar to the Lord of the Mysteries it is set in a lovecraftian setting but instead of it being set in the industrial age it's set in the modern age. The MC also compared to the MC in Lord of the Mysteries doesn't grow very powerful at least not far as I've read and instead it is more focused on him falling deeper into the abyss while trying his best to survive. He does get more powers as time goes by but so far they've all been things that allows him to survive or trick other ppl.

Trafford’s Trading Club - I haven't read this one but I've heard it has a fairly similar theme.

NoNamejustGhost likes this.
  4. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read 100 or so chapter of My House of Horrors when it get famous but I never completed I guess, I need to reread it.
    Become The Lord Of Cthulhu will check this first as title intrigue me.
    Trafford’s Trading Club [Some Spoilers] It is set in a character who as the time goes become more and more emotionless because of something. Not because of Foes he is OP. Its world background is solid not something author thought up as he goes.

5. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    Just remembered you could also have a look at I’m Really Not The Demon God’s Lackey basically it's about a guy who loves books and makes a deal with a god from the cthulhu / lovecraftian world to get every book in existence. To have his wish fullfilled he's willing to give up everything. The god then transports him into a medieval world invaded by the lovecraftian mythology and as price for all the knowledge he has to be in charge of a bookstore. The story then progresses with him being unaware of this world and only spending his time in the bookstore reading books and lending books to customers. While he does this he uses his con artists / swindler skills to convince ppl to read books he recommends. But unbeknownst to himself the books he recommends are in fact books about eldricht lore or similar while he thinks their all books about love, self-enlightenment or such.

Overall everyone thinks he's some hidden eldricht monstrosity, which he to be fair is slowly turning into again unbeknownst to himself, while he thinks he's just helping ppl out and working hard to swindle...err I mean... recommend books to earn money.

mir likes this.
  6. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do wish there were few more novels like TTC or a few manga/manhwa like it strange store has same vibes but not many chapters out.

7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Amatya

Amatya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If u don't mind then can u share Chinese name or site from where u r reading MTL of Become The Lord Of Cthulhu.

Tribulation of the Mysteries 神秘之劫
    This is written by The Plagiarist, power system is similar to Lord of the Mysteries but at the same time is slightly different, same concept of pollution, rituals, god's, angels etc

9. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    I read about 80 chapters from webnovels, they have it in chinese but it was readable with google translate on the site. After that you can just google the raws and google translate that as well. Don't think your allowed to link to raw sites on here

10. Wellbehaved

Wellbehaved Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link man

11. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    Plague Doctor
    Here Lies the Wicked