Spoiler Pampered Consort’s Acting Awards

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sasakira, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Sasakira

Sasakira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pampered Consort’s Acting Awards

In her last life, everyone said that Su Ling had a good life, a matchless beauty born from a high family. Her father was the Great General of Zhen and her elder brother was a high official of the Supreme Court.

She was married to Prince Jin as his consort and two years later she became the empress of Great Zhou.

Nobody can compete with someone so honorable.

Like this, in the first year of Yanxi era, Duke of Zhen deserted the army just before the war, and so, the Su family was accused of treason.

Su Ling died in the back palace after giving birth to a son.

When she opened her eyes again, she had become the daughter of a fifth-ranked grand scribe—Qin Ling.

Waking up from the dream, although she will no longer be concerned about the fickle man, she has no choice but to enter the palace once again for the child she had given birth to.

On the day of the draft, the emperor leans against the Dragon Throne with drooped eyes and without a word while rubbing his eyebrows impatiently.

Even while signing, he never lifts his eyes once.

Until Qin Ling walks in, and with the exact same face as Empress Su, says: Wishing the emperor boundless happiness, good luck, and a long life.

Up the throne, the emperor suddenly raises his head. He looks absent-minded and the tea cup falls to the ground.

Desperately whispers: Ah Ling.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/pampered-consorts-acting-awards/

Rania want to QT likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Gum_Drops

Gum_Drops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on what I gathered from the mtl, Su Ling the previous empress died after giving birth and finding out of the downfall of her family. She is reborn as a girl named Qin Ling, who belongs to a small official family. Her mother Wen shuanghua was from a rich merchant family and fell in love with the poor scholar Qin Wang, whose only good attribute was his looks. However, Qin Wang basically had this moonlight flower in his heart, Jiang something he married this woman but after half a year into the marrigae she died. Qin Wang's mother got sick really badly and he married Wen Shuanghua since she had the money to pay for his mother's health care. Mother Qin recovered and things were going well until he met his first wife's sister,Jiang Lanyue, who needed help so he took here back to his home. Wen Shuanghua didn't like this and basically threw a fit as she wanted the woman out. Qin Wang who got is official post due to Wen Shuanghua paying for it, basically took Jiang Langue as a concubine and his relationship with Wen Shuanghua fell through as she started acting crazy and erratic. Mother Qin got ill and before she died she mad Qin Wang swear that he would never allow a concubine aka Jiang Langue to become his wife. This basically spoils all Jiang Langue's schemes but because Qin Wang loved her she basically lived like a wife should. Wen Shuanghia had 2 children for Qin Wang a son Qin shizu and a daughter Qin Ling. Qin Shizu was outstanding and considered a prodigy since he was young. He was writing poems by age 3 whereas Qin Ling was more like the mother erratic and thoughtless. Wen Shuanghua basically got sick due to the matter between Qin Wang and Jiang Lanyue and before she died made her son promise her not to enter officialdom. Simialr to what Qin Wang's mother made him promise. This was her revenge on Qin Wang as he doted on Qin Shizu's talent and placed all his hope on him. Anyways, after Wen Shuanghua died Qin Ling who had a similar temperament to her basically acted like her mother and was manipulated by Jiang Langue. Qin Ling fell in love with this merchant's son, but this was arranged by Jiang Langue who wanted to use this opportunity to kill off Qin Ling. Our MC joined the scene when Qin Ling drank poison in an attempt to not enter the palace and instead marry the merchant's son. MC's brother in this body, Qin Shizu was afraid for his sister's life so he came back from managing the family business to accompany her.

NoirB, Pristine Xia, Korleone and 4 others like this.
  4. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does ML have other children with his concubines(~if he had any)?

5. Gum_Drops

Gum_Drops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The brother basically took her out to play and stayed around for a bit to make ure she wouldn't try to reconnect with the merchant's son:blob_teary:. Qin Ling asked Qin Shizu to take her to some theater to play and she later on bought the main female act of the show. This caused Qin Wang to get angry again and yell at her but she said the girl wa sthere to teach her teh four arts and that after half a month he can see her progress. The MC in that time basically prepared to reenter the palace however due to the extreme similarity between her present face and that of her previous body she didn't want their mannerisms to be the same as people may realize that she was reborn and may kill her due to superstitions such as demon and ghost:blob_ghost: etc etc. So the female actor basically thought her how to act like a concubine and not a dignified empress. Anywhoos, after half a month she surpirsed her father with her calligraphy improvement. She started acting cuter in front of him and basically developed a bit of a father/daughter bond. Jiang Lingue kind of got alerted by her change but decided to be patient since she still can use the merchant's son against her as Qin Ling previously wrote 38 love letters to him:blobunamused:. If she enters the palace and these love letters arre discovered she would die. Jiang Lingue then had the merchant's son send Qin Ling a love letter talking about how he misses her so much he fell ill :cautious:. However, this merchant's son was hedonistic and after the family got in debt for mixing ink in some of their clothes because they run a cloth business, he tried to make back the family fortune through gambling but instead he lost more. Hence he agreed to help Jiang Lingue in exchange for money. However, he made a seriosuly huge loss in one of his recent gambles and needed 100, 000 dollars so he wrote a letter to Jiang Lingue threatening to burn all his letters from Qin Ling if she doesn't give him the money. Jiang Lingue was worried that if she couldn't bring down Qin Ling then her own daughter would not be able to replace her and enter the palace. She woke up early a morning and basically told Qin Wang she was going out to see about some business, that she got fom Wen Shuanghia's death, as something went wrong:blobangery:. However, after she left Qin Shizu and Qin Ling basically told their father that hse was being unfaithful and went to meet another man. Qin Wang didn't believe them at first but Qin Shizu promised to personally apologize to Jiang Lingue if they were lying on her so he agreed to go out with them:blobokhand:. Naturally he saw the transaction between the merchants son and Jiang Lingue and when she reached home he asked her about what she did and she lied about everything. Qin Wang then exposed her lies along with the letters that she brought back that were Qin Ling's love letters. Basically exposed her attempts at harming Qin Ling and ordered her to self isolation in teh Wen's household, the place that Wen Shuanghua last lived but it belongs to the Wen's. Fearing for her life she tried to appeal to Qin Wang's soft side while mentioning how all that she did was for her sister's sake and he needs to remember their daughter. Qin Wang was about to go easy on them when Qin Ling asked him what about her mother, all this time she was innocent and only reacted because of being provoked by Jiang Lingue. Qin Wang felt extremely guilty about Wen Shuanghua's death and the last line she said to him was " Why her and not me? I am your wife? Why don't you believe me? Why her? Why her?" Qin Ling then quoted this line to remind Qin Wang that her mother's death was unjust and finally he passed the final verdict. Jiang Lingue and her daugther were to be exiled in the same place Wen Shuanghua last lived in the Wen's household. I assume they would of died there.

When he became emperor he was forced to take in other concubines so by the time FL died in her first lifetime there was already 3 concubines. When FL entered the palace again as Qin Ling, she entered as a consort along with 2 other girls with strong backgrounds. I believe some powerful family's daughter was basically running the affairs of the backyard and the emperor was trying to balance the power distribution but after FL's death the emperor did not crown another empress. The only one who had a child was the FL, she went back into the palace to take care of her 3 year old son who is also the only child in the backyard. However, he got sick really bad and so far no doctor could of helped and the FL isn't in a position to meet with her son rn.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2021
  6. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Gum_Drops thanks for the info. I was curious if ML did have sexual relationship with his other concubines or if he had any child with them since yeah, as you said it would be then about some power struggle with MC's child. I know its kinda unrealistic looking for a monogamous emperor/ML in stories involving imperial harem and stuff, but I just don't like reading about polygamy when it comes to stories where ML is trying to build a relationship with MC. Previous relationship is fine, as long as it does not involve any affair(i.e. Lucia).

Also the story involves reincarnated into another body in the same era trope which is one of my least favorite tropes when it comes to reading novels. But still I might put this to my read list. Anyway was it easy to MTL the story? I've read some novels using MTL(both KR and CN) and I know when it comes to historical CN, its kind of hard reading it using MTL compared to non-historical settings.

7. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about that too.

Is this mean, did he recognize her as his dead wife?

8. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve tried MTL, and in one of the chapter, after she was reborn and became the queen again, there’s was one night that ML went to bed with FL (she’s already sleeping) and she was woken up in the middle of the night and feel him sleeping next to her but she smelled an orchid fragrance. He woken up too and said, I’m here, I’m not going anywhere. Then she said, but you did went somewhere before coming here. Only concubine x(I forgot her name) has orchids in her garden and you reeks orchid. And he just change the topic to, oh, you feet is swollen (she’s pregnant) let me massage it. So she understand that he doesn’t want to talk to her about it, and she feels bitter because he came to her after being together with someone else and reeks the smell of the woman. At least don’t come to her right after coming back from someone else yard. And there’s no explanation so far for why did he did that. Considering he never been with any other women while she’s in the 1st life, and even till she became his queen again, don’t know why he suddenly decide to act the opposite. By the way. He exchanged the years of his life (he said to the monk, he only need 10 year, so I assumed he has 10 years to live) so she can be reborn. Considering how much he loves her, I don’t know what’s going on with that going to the other concubine place.

The story is still ongoing. The latest part is him going back in time to the time where they were not married yet (Su Ling) the FL is reborn, and it seems like ML is also doing his own reborn thing. I wonder which direction is this story going to. His reborn probably is an offset to his 10 years only chance of living so he will not die and they’ll get their HE.

9. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he do anything with the other women? Like sleep with them or did he just go to meet her and not do anything? I know he’s the Emperor and all but ugh this is why I don’t like harem, FL’s right like at least don’t go to her right after meeting/sleeping with someone else:notlikeblob:.

10. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s the thing. It wasn’t clear what did he do when he went to that concubine’s place. Did he just visit, or did he do something else. But it seems like he was there for sometimes, otherwise the fragrance of the flowers won’t stick to him that long. And the fact that he avoided the topic seems suspicious. At this point, FL understand that he’s the emperor and it’s an inevitable that he have concubines, after all that’s how she entered the palace the second time, but she just doesn’t like it that he came to her and even sleep on her bed smelling like someone else. Interestingly, in his reborn story, it seems in the beginning FL was supposed to be engaged with someone else, and that someone else seems to be an outstanding man. And FL and that guy have a decent relationship, even his mother and whole family welcomed her. Compare that to ML “mother” (she’s not his real mother. He’s the son of a concubine, raised by the queen dowager solely for the purpose of being her puppet, that will help her corrupt clan to stay in power. Unfortunately for her, ML has his own mind) she doesn’t like FL at all, but ML tricked her to think that the reason he wanted to marry FL is to balance the power in the country. And she bought it. Else, she’s pushing for her niece, or there’s another two women she wanted as his empress. But even though ML was able to marry FL as his empress, the condition is for him to also take four more concubines from the prominent families in the kingdom. So he basically schemed FL to marry him, and she fell in love after the marriage.

NoirB, Rania want to QT and -NEAR- like this.
  11. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about her son? Did she get to meet her?

12. Lamyea

Lamyea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel completed?

13. Nanaama

Nanaama New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can enjoy harem novel only if the Fl doesn’t have feelings for the Ml. I wanted to start reading this novel but I felt disgusted that the ml slept on fl bed reeking of another woman’s scent. That was plain disrespectful

14. NoirB

NoirB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy the spoilers. I'm so grateful for it so please keep it coming. Thank you in advance pretty people. ❤️ I'm still hoping that the emperor won't sleep with anyone else tho. yeah I knew it's a Imperial harem yada yada, poligamy and it's his responsibility yada yada but I don't want 'realistic' in this fiction.I want loyalty. It's my preference.

15. hyyhfvr

hyyhfvr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know where i can mtl the novel? I've been searching everywhere but not able to find.

16. zetnnik

zetnnik Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Has this been dropped? Travis Translations used to update regularly, but it's been almost 5 months now since their last update. I'm really keen on reading this novel and I'm even willing to MTL it, but can't find the completed novel posted anywhere.