Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not participating, so I don't really care, but Scribblehub rules allow all of those things.

You just can't publish your story in a way that incentivizes those things. There is a reason Rape, BDSM and Incest are tags within Scribblehub.

The guidelines make this pretty clear by saying that stories that "Encourage" those things are not allowed.
    Again though, I'm not really participating, so I don't really care. I just figured I'd point that out, because Scribblehub rules totally allow the things you're banning. You can portray whatever you want, you just can't do it in a way that encourages said things.

2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you do not wish to participate, do not. There is no need to tell me twice.

The rules remain as they are.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Figured as much, I just didn't like seeing you saying that it was due to Scribblehub rules that those things weren't allowed when I know that Scribblehub does allow them.

I just figured I'd clarify that much.

Fossil likes this.
  4. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    For the sake of what people are going to submit (rape fantasies and usually positive depictions of assault as romantic moves), Scribble Hub pretty much does not allow these things because they usually fall under "encouraging" it.

Equally, I never said that Scribble Hub bans incest, but that the effort required to write one according to the encouragement rule is not worth it. This is based on the care that the last author who wrote incest for us had to take.

These rules are very rarely implemented anyway, but I take care to ensure that the Yuri Garden is in no danger of falling foul of them. It's easier on participants to have clean-cut rules as well.

If you wish to flag a concern up in future, there are far politer and more appropriate ways to do so.

6. MacDanMc

MacDanMc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well done! That's great.

7. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey folks! FYI, our book group is currently reading yuri novel "She is the Protagonist". We'd love to have you join the conversation! You don't have to join the book group to read this novel with us, just come join us in the Discussion Thread for the novel.

LNOnlineOtaku and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
  9. toukonotto

toukonotto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the list of all abo gl on jjwxc

wisteria_cypress and Nopey98 like this.
  10. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    These are the two manhwas that I'm currently reading
    • Your Fetters
    CW: self harm, abuse, toxic relationship, suicide
    your-fetters-read-manga-14057.jpg
    • Bad Thinking Diary (+18)
    I'm looking forward to seeing more scenes with the pink-haired character
    Screenshot_2022-08-10-20-03-39-1.png
    Screenshot_2022-08-10-20-04-19-1.png

Attached Files:

11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 3 days remaining to cast your vote for the Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2022)~!

12. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    https://mip.ciweimao.com/book/100328889

This seems to be a novel by the author of a story recommended by @DoomCalibur about an "ordinary" girl who is favoured by all kinds of legendary beings (which I have no idea if is dropped or not, but it would be a shame if it was).
    The story has a tangerine tag, it seems, which I guess means yuri?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    DoomCalibur likes this.
  13. DoomCalibur

DoomCalibur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, you are right on that one. Ciweiwao officially adopted "Tangerine/Orange" as their alternative to "Yuri/Lily" tag now. While other sites such as SFACG didn't do so, some of the recently new debut novels seemed to included that word to their sysnosis/summary of their stories (EX: here).

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  14. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone read I'm determined to be the dark moonlight. It have manga. Art is so beautiful. Female characters are so beautiful, hot and handsome.
    Manga : https://m.kuaikanmanhua.com/mobile/15116/list/
    Novel : http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4677684

. Wei Ying brings the Gongdou system to the palace, with the purpose of becoming the most unforgettable existence in the emperor's heart.
    But the emperor already had a white moonlight that died early, so she set her sights on the emperor's harem.

The virtuous concubine is gentle and virtuous, and loves to read market stories.
    She and Concubine Xian huddled under the covers and peeked at the script.

The imperial concubine is hot and enchanting, and likes to dance with knives and guns the most.
    She accompanies the imperial concubine to ride the horses on the grassland and bow the bow to hunt.

The queen is dignified and cold, and she is in control of the six palaces.
    She relies on skilled ventriloquism to make the queen roll into her arms with laughter.

So:
    Concubine Xian: "My sister came to my palace today, and I made your favorite apricot cheese."
    Concubine: "Yingying, let's go horseback riding together!"
    Queen: "The plum blossoms in the back garden are blooming just right, Yingying Do you want to see it?" The

system was shocked: We are serious court battles, how do you increase the favorability of the concubines?
    Wei Ying: Isn't the palace fighting, let the concubines intrigue for me? Take away the dog emperor's harem, and she still has an unforgettable memory on me!
    System: You are so coquettish.

——At
    the end of Yunshao, I fell in love with someone.
    Zhongtian Mingyue is her, and cinnabar in her heart is also her.

In the sixth year of losing her lover, the weak little emperor grew into a tyrannical king, and finally waited for her lost and found Bai Yueguang.
    Then she found out...the moonlight turned black?

Accompanying the queen to enjoy the flowers and the moon, traveling with the imperial concubine on horseback, betting on books and teasing with the concubine Xian, she just refused to look back at her.

The jealous emperor forced the girl into the corner: "Take away my harem? Can you pay me back?" The
    girl would rather die: "tui! I like women!"

Yun Shao untied the golden crown, and her ink hair poured out. Delicate eyebrows and eyes are printed with affection: "If I knew you liked it, I couldn't bear it."
    Her voice was choked: "Don't leave me, Yingying." The

harem group pet sand sculpture fairy x women disguised as men paranoid emperors, and the other female partners have no love lines, just friendship.
    66E8CF6F-AD65-4444-AD23-FF95984CAC37.jpeg
    1729252F-ED92-44AC-A30A-6F012670C113.jpeg F9212509-DAD2-4E98-A43B-5C5A083624A8.jpeg 855C6EAC-D1F8-4E73-94CD-7BFA352618CC.jpeg F0D68470-C31A-48F5-BA9A-540E5F299DAA.jpeg 77D0315B-822C-4573-AFB0-4DA517EAC35E.jpeg BE9C6F1C-C684-4E4D-9B79-FA2907302322.jpeg

15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    We're in the final 24 of hours of voting~!

Please make sure that you're happy with your votes before the poll closes.

16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Votes are closed~!

For the first time in Yuri Garden history, we have a tie!

"Fate, Fox and Love" is our clear 1st place winner, but 3 stories are in conflict for 2nd and 3rd place.

Our tie-breaking judge is currently tied up with an IRL deadline and won't be able to assist us until Wednesday (BST), so please hold tight for the results.

17. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    anybody remember a chinese novel on the green site (forgot name) where mc is in a coma and became a character in a mobile game where she was a child and fl had to raise her? fl is an actor
    finally got to this one. I am only beginning to read, so can you spoil me if it really is yuri? The NU page doesn't have the tag
    @XiaoWenTian

18. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, kinda need some help looking for a manga. It's about a Witch x Knight. Has time traveling elements and the MC Witch was brainwashed at a young age by her mentor witch. It's a pretty edgy manga. I think around 12-20 chapters?

19. Nyehhh

Nyehhh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to shubaow and other sites, it's tagged under Yuri, so yeah, should be

20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2022) result are in~!
    Thank you for your patience~! Our tie-breaking judge has spoken, and I can now announce the winners.

In 1st Place: "Fate, Fox, and Love" by Malonymous (Scribble Hub here: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/43280/malonymous/)

In 2nd Place: "Too Late?" by Yati (Scribble Hub here: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/60237/yati/)

In 3rd Place: "Speak Now or Forever..." by YuriDoggo (Scribble Hub here: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/7206/yuridoggo/)

Thank you to everyone who participated, whether by submitting, or by reading and voting!

A special thank you to our other participating authors: Bokuboy ("The Yuri Garden's Planted Seeds: A Chance Meeting"), DekuKurohi ("Crossing Lily"), Esper ("Just the two of us."), yurinium ("The Divine Protection from Beyond the Portal"), compass96 ("Crochet/Crotchet"), muishiki ("Pedestrian"), Rotten Apple ("Villainess in Love"), The Hamster Overlord ("Ann's Rose"), atgongumerki ("Amelie"), and lemongrove ("[Can You Take Me In for the Night? Pretty please~"]").
    ("The Mimic" was also written by YuriDoggo)
    It's been a joy to read your stories~!

I'll send the prizes out and then update the collection on Scribble Hub~!