One Piece theme: Order vs Freedom?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Phaeous, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Phaeous

Phaeous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marines who seek earnest justice versus coercing monsters, pirates who seek adventure & freedom from coercion

Who are correct?

One Piece suggests an interesting answer rather early on, with Coby becoming fast friends with Luffy who liberates the marine-aspirer

Rather than Order that coerces via government or Freedom that coerces via outlaws, Order should liberate via removing coercion from the innocent - Freedom should dictate the path illuminating true innocence (therefrom true coercion)

2. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Marine work for World Government and World Government can slaving their citizens and do injustice thing without penalty.....

Are you sure this is order vs freedom? To me it's more like slavery vs freedom

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I always read it as that both sides have both good and bad people. Neither side is inherently wrong or right.

4. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't paint things to black or white. There's always good seeds and bad seeds everywhere.

In any case, what Pirate does is crime, heck becoming one itself is a crime. While Marine might seems on the side of justice but there's of course those who made use of their position and become corrupt thanks to it.

Also, becoming a Pirate isn't for freedom. They should've just become an adventurer if they seek freedom not Pirate. In the end, One Piece main character are just half-assed pirate who tell the world that they're pirate but in fact wasn't one.

anon likes this.