Spoiler It's not easy to be a man after traveling to the future (mc spouse)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 128
    In the following period of time, inside the mecha training hall, a rabbit(MC) mecha and a cheetah(Anti-Social) mecha were often seen training their basic control together, taking assessments together, studying control techniques together ... they became known as the famous rabbit-cheetah duo of the mecha training hall.

The rabbit-cheetah duo's skilful and almost flawlessly perfect movements attracted the respect and admiration of all the mecha newbies who walked through the mecha training hall's doors. Gradually, they gained reputation among the newbies; every one of their assessments would draw countless spectators. These spectators were witness to the birth of Ling Lan's and the other's increasingly high ranking on the leaderboard. They saw off batch after batch of old newbies, and welcomed group after group of fresh newbies.

Aww please don't tell me this cheetah specter asshole is the mc's future spouse? Please no, I thought it would be some buff herculean wargod- in their early 20s
    [​IMG]
    with high charisma and a devil may care attitude not this complicated background weak ass 12 year old anti social emo.

I have a feeling it is, there has been way too many "coincidental" meetings, it's setting off red flags for me.

EDIT: There's also the fact when ever the author mentions the person in the real world, she calls him pretty, or pretty man.. what the f*ck is up with that? the only pretty man you'll see in real life is one that used to have a donger below.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    f*ck she does end up with that weak ass mofo

Spoilers from another thread-
    source: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/crossing-to-the-future-its-not-easy-to-be-a-man.50252/page-2

The ML initially appears as the 'dangerous virtual death god man' that Ling Lan ends up sitting next to in Chapter 108 during the mecha battle match. You actually don't get the ML vibe initially, but when Ling Lan goes to practice mecha piloting later in the virtual world, she will, by chance, come across the ML again when he's taking the graduating exam for the training center. He does amazingly well, but notices her right when he was about to graduate.

Curious, he rejects his graduation and returns to the training center and sees Ling Lan getting ready to take the test also. He stays by the side to watch (bc you can actually watch other people take the exam) and is amazed by her technique. Right when he's about to go back and retake the exam, Ling Lan reappears and he's shocked bc he thought she would graduate. He asked her why she stayed and she stated "aren't there 1000 more people ranked ahead of us? Why should we be less than 1000 people?" (the test ranks people by speed of test completion...no surprise, Ling Lan's father, Ling Xiao, is No. 1 on the list LOL). They end up becoming the infamous 'Rabbit Leopard Pair' (bc some how the vicious and lethal Ling Lan is actually a bunny, jk it's just her gacha luck is crap and she pulled a rabbit mecha).

The result is the two of them practicing basic training together for a period of time Mentor No. 3 (the mecha instructor) tells Ling Lan she can start learning more advanced skills. At the same time, the ML is taking the exam all 13 year olds in scout academies take that determine whether or not they can enter the virtual world at the age of 13 instead of 16, so they both log in to tell each other they're going to leave. However, the ML says it first, which made Ling Lan's words seem like she was trying to comfort him (which makes him sadder bc he realized they were going to become familiar strangers). Although he wants to tell Ling Lan who he really is, he remembers his grandfather's words and stops. He runs off to take the test and manages to get within the top 5 at a second after Ling Xiao's score. Ling Lan takes the test too and, surprise, gets a familiar map for the test and becomes the next No. 1 on the rankings, causing the ML to feel even worse bc he thinks that Ling Lan could have left any time; she was just waiting for him.

After, he logs off and lays in the VR pod, crying. The housekeeper asks if he's ok, which he responds 'why do I have to do this? I missed the most important person in my life.' It really makes you cry when you read it bc he's just. So heartbroken. Like imagine spending your entire life in an environment where you can't trust anyone, and the only person you could have any faith in ends up lost due to being unable to tell them your identity...let's cry some sympathetic tears for Li Lanfeng.

Meanwhile, Ling Lan totally forgets him...囧

He appears once more when Ling Lan and the little partners arrive at the First Men's Military School. At that time, he is the strategist for the Wuji faction (there's Leiting - lighting, Wuji - promise, and Secret something). However the two leaders of Wuji don't trust Li Lanfeng and only keep him around bc he's the one that has helped keep them within the top three faction ranks. Initially both Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng don't recognize each other, but Li Lanfeng senses something about her that makes him feel a bit of familiarity and assumes that she might be a virtual death god also. He decides to try and partner with her and drops a few hints that he knows she did to the secret something faction (she physically crippled the leader and destroyed his spirit talent bc he tried to 'make friends' with her precious little brother, Luo Lang and had Xiao Si mentally ruin the faction's hacker for helping them kidnap him). She feels that he's very dangerous and decides to keep herself at a distance.

Fast forward, Ling Lan's father decides to drop by and visit her. After days of being awkward with her overly familiar dad, she finally remembers that her dad is the god level pilot. Ling Lan, being a fighting otaku, gets her dad to log onto the VR world and have him help her out. Right when they were about to spar, Li Lanfeng and his friend, Zhao Jun, come into the room (Ling Lan and her dad actually went into the room they were sparring in earlier). As Ling Lan and Ling Xiao spar, Ling Lan ends up using Rabbit Sky Step + a super basic piloting skill that Li Lanfeng has seen countless times. This reveals to Ling Lan to him and he desperately asks her if she's Rabbit. Ling Lan is shocked bc she wasn't expecting to meet him here and sends him a friend request with 'Leopard, let's talk later'. Finding Ling Lan again, Li Lanfeng is so happy to the point of crying and he had to grab his trembling hand so he wouldn't accidentally hit decline friend request.

Later on, he decides to join Ling Lan's mecha clan. Ling Lan was puzzled as to why Li Lanfeng hadn't joined any clans and thought it was bc he might not actually be a soldier. However, bc she knew his ability and felt that he was her first friend, she decided to let him join regardless. She even goes as far as to tell him to join the 23rd army (her dad's army) bc that way she can pull him to her later on if it does turn out that he's an ordinary small soldier.

In order to set up a mecha clan, the group has to complete a mission. Of course, Ling Lan's gacha luck is horrible as usual and she gets slammed in the head with an SSS difficulty mission. Skipping the mission details, Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng get to spend some quality time together where Li Lanfeng tries to protect Ling Lan but fails bc she's actually better than him and he ends up being the one protected. During this mission, their real identities are revealed to one another, which shocks both of them. Ling Lan is the person who kicked the Lightning King, Qiao Ting, in the family jewels (figuratively speaking, not actually) during her first year (Li Lanfeng hates Qiao Ting bc he thinks he might be his Phoenix Empress Fate's emperor....lmao...) and he wasn't expecting her to be so young (everyone thinks Ling Lan's second talent is hacking, but it's just Xiao Si lmao). Ling Lan's thoughts were 'as I thought, Leopard is a bad person', but trusts him regardless bc they knew each other before they learned of each other's identities.

From then on, Li Lanfeng literally sticks himself to Ling Lan like a giant limpet...full of...love? (he claims friendship and that he's 100% straight, right? right.)

As for what they think of each other (sorry i literally digressed from everything LMAO...)

Ling Lan initially sees Li Lanfeng as her first friend. Later on they become closer due to Li Lanfeng's efforts and the fact that he devotes himself so heavily to her. As a result, he ends up becoming the person closest to her outside of Xiao Si. She gets angry every time he tries to sacrifice himself for her. She does care about him, but her care is different than the one she has towards her little partners. It's kind of hard to say what her emotions are at towards Li Lanfeng, but there is a blossom of love growing there somewhere. He goes from a friend to a companion that can fully compliment her in everything. She knows his thought process like the back of her hand and him as well, which results in them being a harmonious pair. However, it's unlikely for Ling Lan to recognize any of her emotions towards Li Lanfeng unless something terrible happens to him. He actually frequently utilizes this on Ling Lan to try and capture her heart...Li Lanfeng is also the only person that can touch her/come close to her without her feeling uncomfortable. She also keeps missing all of the Big Obvious Hints Dropped By Li Lanfeng on the 'person' that he likes (c'mon Ling Lan what other...Emperor Domain youngsters...could Li Lanfeng be talking about...um Ling Lan why can't you notice Li Lanfeng literally stripping in front of you...feeding you...climbing into your bed...keke...)

I don't have any definite evidence, but I think one of the reasons why Ling Lan hasn't had any other, uh, thoughts towards Li Lanfeng other than eating his tofu every now and then or blanking out and really eating his tofu from how seductive he acts is due to the fact that she hasn't hit puberty. In order to hide her gender, she constantly took military grade hormone suppressants? It isn't until the most recent arc that she hits puberty bc the place she goes to lacks resources and due to what happened beforehand, she totally forgot to take the medicine. So uh, our little Queen Ling Lan...Is now? A woman? (lmao Li Lanfeng sniffed it on her right away, but didn't know...it was that...). I guess it could be safely said that Li Lanfeng's impression in Ling Lan's mind is an utterly unique one. He's someone she not only can trust, but trust to the point that they don't need words.

As for Li Lanfeng, Ling Lan is his everything. He, a horrible, inferior, terrible little man, will do anything for Ling Lan's attention and love as well as her wellbeing. Because of Ling Lan, he had a chance to become strong. Because of Ling Lan, he found saw light in the darkness. Because of Ling Lan, he can live. He owes everything to Ling Lan. Ling Lan is his guiding star, his heart's spiritual pillar. Everything can be given up on, but he cannot give up on Ling Lan.

He spent 7 years in the virtual world looking for her shadow. For him, growing up in the toxic environment of the Li clan, her existence was something different. For her, he wanted to become even stronger, to force his broken body to become better. For her, he could finally bear his beautiful face that he cursed for all his life. And for her, perhaps, he felt human.

Somewhere along the story, Ling Lan will see the future. The future that will happen if she died at the hands of the enemy she was fighting. In that future, Li Lanfeng goes mad. Because of his beauty, he wouldn't be killed, but because of his life, he would deform into a monster that sweeps the world and becomes a hegemonic tyrant. He will succeed in his revenge, but because of it, transform into a paranoid and lonely man driven to madness.

When he heard Ling Lan cry for the first time, he felt helpless. He wanted to be on the other side of the door, he wanted to hold her and cry with her. But he couldn't and could only cry silently with her. Li Lanfeng wants to be able to stand besides her, not be protected behind her.

When he learned that the Phoenix Emperor was Ling Lan, his psychological demon wanted to kill her. However, right before he could, he remembered everything she did for him, and her trust. It was then that he decided, his fate wasn't bad at all. If he could be at Ling Lan's side...

Ah...Li Lanfeng's portion ended up sounding stupidly poetic.

Basically Li Lanfeng's impression of Ling Lan is strong to the point of people's dreams. He's darkly obsessed with her to the point that he'll shamelessly use even Ling Lan's own weaknesses to make her fall for him (her concern for his health, for example lmao, and his face). Also he shamelessly keeps touching her and hugging/holding her without his mask on in her presence, which results in Ling Lan blanking out mentally and fixating on his delicious looking collar bones or really soft looking skin...Thankfully Ling Lan's pokerface is god tier.

Also this is all while Li Lanfeng thinks Ling Lan is a man. LOL.

Ling lan keeps saying she want's a strong child but you ain't getting no strong child from a man inferior to you in every way. Not only that from what this poster said, he ends up clingy, touchy and "He's darkly obsessed with her to the point that he'll shamelessly use even Ling Lan's own weaknesses to make her fall for him (her concern for his health, for example"

It would be nice if the male lead was like her father or even qi long for once, not this complicated brooding scum ughh

f*ck this is why I hate chinese female romance, the male mc's always end up as stalking rapey clingy f*cktards-

Dropping this novel harder than the bomb dropped on hiroshima

4. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg stop twisting things and reading btwn the lines when theres nothing there. I can't believe you used the "I am sick feed me uwu love me uwu" tactic thats just him wanting attention as a comparision to rapey psycho MLs?? Wat is wrong w u??

I also cant believe you think hes inferior in every way. In the whole planet (literally theres a whole prophecy and future where he would have turned into an ultimate ryler/tyrant) hes the only one w same amount if spiritual power and talent. If anything he is MORE impressive bc he had no AI giving him a hand from when he was a baby and actually has to face consequences of a weakened body yet still tries his best to keep up w ling lan

Did u even read the story dude chill

XiaoMage likes this.
  5. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    He keeps putting himself in fatal situations just to get attention, that's damn psychotic not to mention he sounds like a creepy f*ck with how the author keeps mentioning he's pretty and all that shit is he a trannie or something?

He should be buff like or the other guys taking those gene stimulant steroids but nope those side effects somehow evaporate into thin air.

6. Lazylady01

Lazylady01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The couple is giving me an impression that the role of man and woman is really reversed ROFLMAO. :blobpopcorn:

7. Sindori

Sindori Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww I actually like him I don’t think he’s bad and their growth is good. MC will always be op so I think it’s reasonable that he isn’t stronger than her or it would be a bit to much in my opinion since she is already so strong. They are also cute rabbit also considers him as a friend not that she isn’t close with the others but doesn’t she feel more protective of them like a mother since she felt like she helped raise them.

XiaoMage likes this.
  8. Unknown fan

Unknown fan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anybody tell me who is the ML( mela lead )
    name
    I am really getting confused

9. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Li Lanfeng (Cheetah/Leopard)
    Don't worry in the future he'll become as strong as Ling Lan.

10. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys should remember that chapter where
    Ling Lan forsaw the future of Li Lanfeng
    he's definitely not some weak-ass sissy.

Though I agree, Qi Long is more of my type, he's baby.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    XiaoMage likes this.
  11. Vktori

Vktori Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As for whether he is weak or not doesn't matter or whether he is a pretty man, but the way he is I don't like him even after reading it for the second time and I don't think it will ever change.

I know I shouldn't be the one saying it but, rather than love its more like obsession, he is a clingy, delusional, psychotic and manipulative bastard and you can't say otherwise. He is clingy and everyone knows that, delusional, when he learned that the feeling he has for Ling Lan is not that of a friend or a close friend and it is that of a lover, he would always have the thought that Ling Lan's actions have other meaning even though he knew they don't, psychotic, it is always shown that he disregard others as well as himself aside from Ling Lan even if, manipulative, if manipulating so that your OWN brother would become a bully or would have the thought of being a doctor at a young age isn't manipulative enough I don't know what will.

Another thing I don't like about him is how he think. How is it that Zhao Jun, Instructors, Li Shiyi which he spent more time with, and took care of him isn't more important than Ling Lan in which he only met for a few months online. I guess we can just say that Ling Lan's charisma is so good that years of friendship, brotherhood, and mentorship wouldn't be enough. Also, Han Jijyun is becoming a forgettable character becuase he couldn't shine, it would always be Li Lanfeng who would be included whenever they went out, it's as Ling Xiao said, having two strategist isn't good.

Well this is my thoughts, you may argue with it but I'll never change my thoughts.

12. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    ......why the f did I just waste my time and brain cells to read that huge rant? :blobsleepless: But anyway from what I can tell it's an almost yaoi novel so never touching it.