I got scammed!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 457259, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Deleted member 457259

Deleted member 457259 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you guys ever got scammed? I did. That's also recently. And also by a famous platform. The feeling is ...not good at all.

I was in desperate need of money so I started translating beside doing part time jobs. I opened a buymeacoffe account so that the readers could support me. I wanted to open a ko-fi account but it isn't available in my country so I had no choice but to choose the alternative. But never in my dream did I ever realized I would get scammed by it.

The people from buymeacoffe help center says my payment would arrive in a week, at most ten days. But it's been two weeks and not a penny has been dropped in my account. I'm very sad. It was my hard earned money and my first earned tips but I got scammed.

I know the feeling of scamming isn't pleasing since I just got scammed. But if you also got scammed like me, feel free to share so that we could cry together.

P. S. If anyone knows how to get my money from those scammers(buymeacoffe) please let me know. I want get what's mine in any way.

Edit: I posted a blog but didn't receive much response so I'm creating this thread. I would really really appreciate if someone could tell me how can I get my payment back.

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    although I didn't exactly get scammed like you did, I used PayPal and kofi, recieved my first payment, and PayPal is taking pretty much 7% of my payment. additionally, they held my payment for a month because it was the first transaction on my account. using PayPal and kofi in this case isn't a very pleasant experience, but I don't know an alternative with fewer fees

I hope you get the site issue settled, I can't imagine how awful it must feel

3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell your donators to request a charge back on their donation. If buymeacoffee gets enough hits (need like 1000, maybe), they can be investigated. Yeah you won't get your donations but are you going to get them anyway?

4. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did some digging and they are known for this they can sometimes take over. Month to process payments and sometimes the money gets “lost”

5. Deleted member 457259

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have that much donators, measly 5-10. So I couldn't charge a complain with such low number. As I've said before, I'm new and I don't have much experience in this things.

6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why go solo? Why not try joining a group ?

PayPal is a b*tch not gonna lie, haven't tried Ko-fi.

7. Deleted member 457259

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry? I didn't understand what you mean.

8. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of getting readers to donate, get paid for translating chapters for a translation group/website. (Wuxiaworld, etc)