Discussion If you got transmigrated in a romance novel as the possessive ML

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LeniSnow, Aug 20, 2022.

1. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you got transmigrated in a romance novel as the possessive ML to a runaway MC or an MC who ask for divorce what would you do?
    MC will always scorn at you, have a misunderstanding, your good deeds will always have a bad filter, there are suitors hanging around mc as friends and don't forget the no confrontation and there's an immediate run away troupe.
    No system to force you but you need to follow the plot in a certain extent to advance the plot to reach the same ending to go back to your world.

What would you do and would you go back to your world?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    melomarl likes this.
  2. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Change things at random to see if you can turn all the characters yandere!

LeniSnow likes this.
  3. Sos

Sos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first loose the control a bit second communicate

LeniSnow likes this.
  4. Coffee Turtle

Coffee Turtle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Follow my role during essential moments then the rest just do what I want / could. Donate to an orphanage? Great! Have a fancy dinner all alone while watching the night sky? Why the hell not! If the original body has a lot of money (ofc the mf does), use it to make the ML look even worse to the MC just for fun

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd immediately go to the nearest temple and tell the priests that I have been possessed and ask them to exorcise the evil spirit away from me.

Some strange magic made me possess a body that isn't mine, so I'm sure some strange magic should be able to forcefully stop the possession.

If the priests weren't good enough, I'd try searching for legends of ancient spirits or gods or whatever else I could reach in order to end the possession as quickly as I could.

whitespade and LeniSnow like this.
  6. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC already hates me so might as well go full villain. Lock her up, drive wedges between their [MC and her other suitors], oh wait, wait, wait wait wait wait..... if I’m ML, I’m probably going to be strong and have money right?

Let’s go full demon king, create a dungeon, get the other LIs to save MC and just poke fun at them. Oh man, I’m going to stuff it up with monsters and strong people, and just have a blast playing the villain role lol.

About following the plot - meh I don’t know anything about warfare or looking after the land so I’ll probably die pretty quickly, but in the case this isn’t an issue (like I get his memories or something), I probably won’t like the MC enough to try and win her back according to the plot.

LeniSnow likes this.
  7. curly _tea

curly _tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I even going to remember the plot in detail though? Im probably letting the MC go and live the rich life.

8. ragingphoenix

ragingphoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing this in any non-fantasy setting and some lower fantasy settings will probably get you committed to an asylum, just FYI. In various cultivation settings this is also likely to just get you killed and not solve the problem for the original owner.

LeniSnow likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    While I am aware that reincarnation and whatnot in novels may happen on non-fantasy settings, if it ever happened to me, I'd have a hard time believing that I'm not in a magical setting right after I was afflicted by a magical curse.

And since the prompt refers to the person I'd posses as "Possessive ML" and there is talk about divorce, suitors and whatnot, I think it's safe to assume that, in this prompt, the possessed person is fairly influential, so it wouldn't be as easy to simply throw him into an asylum.

As for getting killed in cultivation settings... I have no idea why that would happen, and I'd certainly give a multitude of apologies to the ML once we reached the afterlife as I ended up ending their life much sooner than it was supposed to end, but at the same time it would be out of my control as some evil deity decided to make me forcefully possess him, so I'd know that I had tried my best to solve the problem, even if I failed miserably.

And well, death would also end the possession, so there is one upside to it too... It's far from an ideal solution, but it would be the best option available to me in a setting where people would kill you if you tried to seek help with being possessed.

LeniSnow likes this.
  10. ragingphoenix

Reading List:
    Link
    All right, that's fair.

In most of these settings, all the characters are walking on tightropes. Give your enemies a reason and they will use it against you. Announcing you've been possessed is a great reason to pull you off your horse.

Cultivation settings are law of the jungle 99.999% of the time. Again, all people need in this setting is an excuse (and sometimes they don't even need that). Announce you're a newbie in a body that doesn't belong to you and you are pretty likely to die.

LeniSnow likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally depends on the story there.

Standard Otome Game Reincarnation stuff feels pretty far from what you're describing, for one.
    It's not like I'd be able to live in those crazy law of the jungle worlds anyways, so it's irrelevant to me in all honesty. Either I get freed of this possession curse, or I'd go mad from the fact I possessed someone.

Dying is honestly a better fate than the latter, so... Welp?

LeniSnow likes this.
  12. jch

jch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LeniSnow likes this.
  13. Ruggit

Ruggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of how much I enjoy stories like that, It would be like hell :cry:. I'd probably just dip to the countryside, but unlike every other story I'd actually make it there, no tomfoolery. Whatever happens happens, and of course if I could I'd come back to my cushy room in a heart beat. Fantasy belongs on pages, not in my life. The stressssss.

LeniSnow likes this.
  14. ragingphoenix

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayy, this entire essay is going to be a bit too serious for something that's just a silly discussion, but:

I don't really read otome reincarnation, but even PG otome games have to have stakes of some sort.

Whether it's fighting over the throne, the family inheritance, business leader of the world; saving the world from demons; some kind of convoluted vengeance plot related to the big bad; etc., there is usually a plot besides who-likes-whom going on. Otherwise if the story is just about a bunch of randos in a love dodecahedron, is it going to keep your attention?

When you have asshole MLs such as the kind described in OP, they usually also come paired with tragic backgrounds that explain why they are the way they are, and said tragic backgrounds also tend to come with a full deck of enemies.

In any case, even if you're in a low difficulty setting, the odds of being committed to an asylum or being simply written off as insane and locked up somewhere other people won't have to deal with you are pretty high.

In non-fantasy and some low fantasy settings, people are more likely to assume you're insane instead of that you are actually possessed.

The settings that will believe you are actually possessed are more likely to want to destroy you than help you solve the problem.

Not saying settings where running to the temple and getting yourself exorcised is actually the solution don't exist, but those are not going to be the majority.

tl;dr if you get transmigrated, make sure you figure out what setting you're in before you make any rash decisions about what to do with your body!

LeniSnow and Blossom_Honey like this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with the TL;DR is that it's not my body, it's a body I need to give back to the original owner before I go crazy from possessing someone. It doesn't make sense to try being cautious when I'm in a hurry and need to solve the problem as quickly as possible so as to restore things back to the status quo.

And there are a fair number of Otome Game Reincarnations with very little to no stakes on them tbh. Romance novels don't need big plots behind them, yanno? They can have it though.

As for being sent to an asylum... I'd assume it could happen on non-fantasy stuff, but on fantasy I find that to be less likely than having magical priests trying to solve the problem... Like, they have magical powers, it's their job to handle this kind of thing.

LeniSnow likes this.
  16. dokja789

dokja789 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc ml what, where the fl I thought its a romance, turned out to be bl :ROFLMAO:

LeniSnow likes this.
  17. bozakir

bozakir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd let MC go. 99.99% of the possesive leads are some kind of Crown Prince, Northern Duke that's almost equal to the Emperor or some sort of super CEO. They tend to have healthy attractive bodies. There is no need to chase someone that doesn't really like me. Time would heal my wound while I am being rich, powerful, healthy and attractive. (If there is some curse or something involved that require MCs intervention I'd hire her and generously compensate her for her services.)

LeniSnow and Blossom_Honey like this.
  18. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    That will be really really scary...they'll be like killing each other's and I DK how many chapters will the mc be killed...xD
    Hahahaha.
    But this is really very interesting~xD

LeniSnow likes this.
  19. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC, main character, it is yours to decide whether it's BL or BG base on your preference.

dokja789 likes this.
  20. dokja789

dokja789 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, I got confused for a bit :LOL: Thanks for clarifying.

LeniSnow likes this.