Question Why do mc in all chinese novels have only females as friends, and male as enemies

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by AlexMercer9, Jul 10, 2022.

?

Are you above 18 or below

1. 18+

22 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. Underage (18-)

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In real life, most men have one or more male friends, none or very few female friends, and one female interest if they're lucky. But somehow, in novels around there, these male protagonists have zero male friends and a harem of female interests even if only one of them becomes a pair. And many of those novels are very popular and highly rated here. You really don't see these things in Western novels, not even in those bad romance fictions. It's only Eastern novels that have this issue. I wonder if it's a culture thing or what. It's so weird.

2. Ruggit

Ruggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legit just these 2 cement this reply as a legendary one. Everything you said is about as valid as it gets, and I had a blast reading it all. Felt like filling out a bingo board.

kaloo likes this.
  3. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is true of only a very narrow range of books. I've read a lot of Chinese novels and I only really encounter this when I decide to read junk. And in general, I feel much the same about the OP. I read a lot of harem novels, and the vast majority of them will have a lot more male characters than female ones. Sure, a vast proportion of these female characters will end up in the harem, but the protagonist will still have a lot more male friends and subordinates.

4. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz all girls should be protected and guys are not! And if it's guy protecting guys isn't that genre going to be bl~? XD
    sksksksk