Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. mimi1091

mimi1091 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What!?!?!? Resetting Lady is sooooooooo good damn I bet the merch must be amazing!

These are the reasons why I wanna take a plane to Korea just to get all the merch and hard copies then I will be content and happy :aww:

Is that the one where Carcel looks flustered? I thought he was helping Ines with her stockings

your crush and PattyCakes like this.
  2. hhh_017

hhh_017 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna say. in today's chapter, the man is too stunned to speak :blobjoy:

And yea, ines is sooooo pretty with her hair down. omg i died.

NohrNeir and PattyCakes like this.
  3. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder if broken ring will have merch too

The one where he help her with stocking but don't think he's fluster. They're used to it. That's why Ines lifts her leg up. She does that to let him put clothes on her easier. :love:

You're late to the ch :p

4. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she's trying hard to get pregnant at that time so she's doing her best to get him to have more sex with her. He was avoiding it since he didn't want to get her pregnant again after Ricardo's death. After this they started to have sex every day and that's how Ivana was born, but she was a premature baby so Ines already was mentally prepared Ivana would die early. She passed away after 3 months or so and this time she didn't react as strongly as she did during Ricardo's death but she was mentally distraught. It was after this that she suggested divorce.

She does still tie up her hair or have it in loose braid but since she doesn't have a waiting maid, she does her hair herself or have Carcel do it for her, so it's not like the tight buns she wore in Mendoza. Ines is bad with her hands so there's always some loose strands or something.

5. Thoughtful-Dreamer

Thoughtful-Dreamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello hello!
    I didn't read the novel but this thread is so helpful so thanks to everyone!:bloblove: I do have a little question though: Does Delphina play a part in the story or is she just an "extra"? Will we see her in the webtoon? I know there's going to be a novel about her but I'm really curious about her character since we ony know her as "Luciano wife" as of now:blobsweat:

6. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    If the manhwa covers the side story, she'll show up there. She's not in the main story at all. She might be in one of Ines' flashbacks but Ines is very indifferent to everyone in 2nd and 3rd timeline so she didn't even have a close relationship with her then. In 2nd timeline, she just knew Delfina had a huge crush on Luciano but didn't interact much with her.

There's more to her character that I've described a bit when I was spoiling the side story. I think she's pretty similar to Isabella in her personality. So she's quiet, nice, one-sided love who simp in secret, but also mentally strong. After Oscar's death, she boldly sent a personal letter to Ines congratulating her for Oscar's death. This is quite bold of her to do since it was also questionable how she knew Ines was behind the propaganda that caused Oscar's death and to congratulate Ines as if to also show her support. When I imagined Delfina's personality, I did wonder if she'll be living Isabella's lifestyle with the cruel mother-in-law who doesn't approve of her since Olga is cruel.

Delfina is a HUGE Luciano simp, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE. She loves how Ines looks because Ines looks like her brother. She's so shy around Luciano though and kept her simping a secret in front of him but Ines knows how much Delfina loves her brother. Delfina told Ines to keep it a secret though. When Delfina had her 1st daughter, she even wanted to name her after Ines. She was ecstatic that her daughter looked exactly like Ines and would show her off. Her 2nd child is a son who looked exactly like Luciano.

Delfina is probably similar to her introverted father. Her father is a Count who stayed in his county almost all year round. It makes the emperor upset because he likes his men in the capital working for him or trying to keep tabs on them. Her father hates the emperor and isn't afraid to show it so even during Delfina's wedding, he didn't pour the best wine to the emperor and gave it to Ines. It got the emperor upset.

In terms of familial background, the Calsada family are vassals to the Valeztena family. Calsada governs over Ignacio county and it's said to be the countryside so the covers author-nim chose to represent Calsada's home are very woody with lots of plants and fields. Ignacio is said to be a land with a legend that has to do with fire.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  7. mimi1091

mimi1091 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that the one where Carcel looks flustered? I thought he was helping Ines with her stockings

PattyCakes likes this.
  8. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Her love is so strong for Luciano that both her kids turned out to look like her husband’s family. :LOL: I thought one of the kids would be blonde though.

So, in the end Carcel and Ines’s third child will share a name with Delphina’s family territory.

I support any affront to the emperor. I still get annoyed that he wanted Juan to sacrifice his eldest son to prove his loyalty to him. By the way, you mentioned previously that Carcel’s grandfather hid treasures on the island. Did the emperor find out? I hope he didn’t get a cent especially since he sort of exiled Ines from Mendoza because once again, he’s a selfish, insecure man.

9. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, Leonel's genes probably really strong since Luciano and Ines took after him and now his grandkids. :blob_grin:

Yupp, same name. Even the twins know and noted on it. They said it's the same name as the place where their aunt came from.

Well he didn't hid treasures but he hid the fact that the island has valuable resources so the emperor thought it was an island with nothing good and hard to live in. That's why he wanted to send Ines there. Juan made a deal with the emperor and made the emperor sign a contract that a large portion of what Ines would earn on the island would be kept in the Escalante family and also the rule of the island would stay within Escalante authority. The emperor just let it be since he thought Ines wouldn't make much anyway. Ines tried to keep the wealth within the island so it didn't matter. What she will make will be passed onto Ivana though so it's hinted that Ivana might take on Ines' role in the future as governor. So even if the emperor finds out one day, he already signed a contract that the island's control and wealth stays within the island and Escalante. I think he will still make bare minimum since he does send money over for Ines to use since she's governor. She uses the money to treat the natives since she was thinking she's not wasting her own money to treat them. :blob_grin:

10. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantastic! It’s better that that greedy man loses out on profiting there. It sounds like both Ricardo and Ivana will be taking succession classes. Heh.

I had another question about the timing of Carcel’s visit to see Alicia in the dungeon. It’s definitely after he dreamt of the first timeline, right? It would be nice if it was so that he can at least feel more satisfied that she finally got her comeuppance where she’s living and suffering unlike in the first timeline when Olga killed her. To add insult to injury, Alicia tried to do the same thing again this time around.

11. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    The side story is after the epilogue so yes, he already had the dream. The twins had already just passed the 10 month age mark in the beginning of the side story so they were very sure the twins will be fine and Carcel was going to bring them on the trip with him and Ines, but things happened because of the emperor.

When he met Alicia, he did want to hurt her more but Ines came to check on him so he stopped. I guess the best revenge here is that Ines didn't care about her. That part was half in Carcel's POV and half in Alicia's POV. In Carcel's POV, he was more upset about what happened in current lifetime though because he stepped on her hand to get back at her for stepping on Ines' hand. Apparently he often checks on her hand whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night. He left Alicia's right hand alone so she could still write because she couldn't talk anymore. She asked him to kill her but he believes letting her suffer alive under the empress was worse. In Alicia's POV, she was clearly distraught and when she saw Ines came to check on Carcel, she was feeling inferior how Ines was standing in her "crown princess" room so pretty as if she owned the place herself. Ines didn't even look down at her and Alicia was upset. She didn't even enter the room. She stood outside while talking to Carcel and he went to wash his hands before leaving.

12. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Korea always get better merch.
    Saw some of the gifts the author gifted her fans on her blog. They were pretty too
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

13. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    As I can see from the manhwa most characters look like their fathers, not sure if it's a thing :blob_grin:

I think it's her fate that in the end, she'll be looked down for the rest of her life. How did she die in the 1st timeline? Also I think I missed how Oscar died in 1st, but in 2nd and 4th he had everything cut off from his body :blobdizzy:

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC, in the first timeline, Oscar was executed as a tyrant after Luciano’s rebellion succeeded. In the second timeline, indeed Luciano chop off his limbs but the bastard committed suicide to relieve his pain. It sounds like he was hacked and trampled to death in the fourth timeline. That was probably within the realm of his fated death.

15. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because they have the same hair and eye color doesn't mean they look the same because it was noted by the author that Ines is 50% like her mother (with her delicate features) and 50% like her father (for her height, hair/eye color and fierce facial features), but her hair and eye color are both taken from her father. Of course it would be harder to draw the more distinct facial features and what not between the parents, so what we only focus on are the hair and eye color. Carcel is said to look more like Isabella because she is beautiful but has his father's ears. He has the big frame from his father's side of the family though since the Escalantes were a family of navy men so even though Juan isn't a navy man, he's still big. And I've described the twins before. They take different aspects from each side of the family.

In 1st timeline, Alicia was murdered by Olga. In 2nd and 3rd timeline, we don't know how she died so she probably lived long.

Oscar's death is as @Celebrianna described. He committed suicide in 2nd and 3rd timeline.

16. starishaa

starishaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww if the Manhwa is R19, we might get to see the illustration of these scenes.

17. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    If only! We'll be missing so many good scenes :cry::cry::cry:

18. mimi1091

mimi1091 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YAAASSSS I saw all these beauties on Author nim's blog

Just looking at them brings tears to my eyes since I know I cant get them :blob_teary:

If the merch they give out for the manhwa is only the typical shirts and sweaters I'm throwing hands cause Webtoon Eng has some merch but they are pretty plain compared to what korean fans are being feed over there.

Still really want a romance mood light :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

At least I have this manhwa with the whole Olgami licensing situation getting hectic like that Spongebob meme in his brain with all the chaos going on

your crush and PattyCakes like this.
  19. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This doesn't seem to have been ask or maybe I missed it, but I don't understand why she killed Luca when she just could've just killed herself only. Or does the tl still continue despite a new tl starting? If so then I understand but I haven't seen that mention.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  20. aathiaa

aathiaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nohrneir had already answered this before.

The tl will still continue, so Luca most probably will be killed anyway. Thus, Ines decided to take her own son's life by herself. I think she even said something like "how can she let Luca suffered such painful death from starvation, cold etc" because her family said to kill Luca by leaving him in any abandoned house.

your crush, NohrNeir and PattyCakes like this.