Discussion What's your standard sound volume?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Senros, Aug 22, 2022.

?

What's your standard sound volume?

1. Above 75

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Between 75 and 50

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Between 50 and 30

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Between 30 and 10

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Below 10

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Zero

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title says it all: What's your standard sound volume in your PC?

I use Windows and usually keep mine below 10. Sometimes I'll leave at 2-4, sometimes I'll push it up to 15 or so, but most of the time I have it at 6-10. Back when I used to use in-ear headphones, I had my volume almost constantly at 1...

What I always find weird, is that at these sound levels, there are many things in songs and shows that are way too quiet, but if I raise the volume, then the "normal sounds" are too loud to my ears... So I always wondered, if people always have their sound levels set a lot higher than mine.
    And then you have a massive range in sound levels in videos. You can be watching one YouTube video and have a good experience at that volume, and then the next video you watch is either too loud or too quiet... that's also a bit annoying.

poploc and otaku31 like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I function on mute (even most videos being no exception) unless something comes up that requires me to turn up the volume. Gotta save those decibels and all that. I have extremely sensitive ears that are attuned only to the humdrum of imperfect silence and refuse to put up with anything else for long. :blobpeek:

P.S. I demand the inclusion of zero volume in the poll. :blobhero:

Deleted member 445404 likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    depend on headset or audio what it called again?
    for headset it range from 10 to 50~
    for that outer audio output if it good on max vol it range from 25 to 100~
    on max vol basically this cat..... PARTY!

ah for audio variation heck even browser and app the same video can vary on sound quality~ especially youtube

4. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn... I thought I had sensitive ears, but you are on another level. How do you watch videos then? With the subtitles on? Though in my case, I think I'm only sensitive with headphones. Sometimes someone could be speaking to me in a somewhat loud environment, everyone around us understood what that person said and I'm like, "Can you repeat it again? I can't hear you well." Sometimes I doubt if I actually have good ears lol

True true. It also depends on the type of headset and even if they are the same kind (in-ear headphones), the sound volume also varies a lot. It kinda sucks that there is no standard for it.
    And yup, I only use low volumes with headphones. On speakers I turn up the volume fairly high. It's weird, I know.

What I really don't recommend is max volume with in-ear headphones. That hurts a lot. I was surprised when I changed to over-ear headphones that I could raise the volume pretty high without it hurting.

asriu and otaku31 like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, with subtitles whenever possible, but then I feel I should point out I'm not much given to watching videos. I don't mind dull background noises like the droning of a fan or the hum of an appliance, but anything beyond that, especially high-pitched sounds or music, loud, intelligible talk or sharp variations in rhythm or tone interrupt my train of thought and upset me. Acoustic disturbances which would make others merely uncomfortable make me see red. Sometimes, it feels like someone is rapping at my poor skull with a hammer.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that can hurt ear and make headache.... for mua at least~ headphone kinda hit and miss cuz search comfortable for ear is bothersome so this cat prefer ear headphone~

7. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    usually on mute
    if I want background music, I'll put it on 12
    zoom meetings are like 50

Senros likes this.
  8. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    PC using headphones - max 30
    PC/Mobile using speakers - 40 to 100
    Mobile using headphones - not greater than 50 (except on calls, it goes higher)

Have to take care of my ear cause I listen to music hours on end or intermittently throughout the day.

Senros and Deleted member 445404 like this.
  9. Cyltea

Cyltea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not using headphone around 12
    When using headphone 2 if listening to music, but maybe 8-12+ if listening to video with people speaking, depending how clear their pronunciation is.
    What I don't get is why the opening melody is usually much louder than the rest of the video...
    All above is for laptop btw.

Senros and Aqua_the_idiot like this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I only use speakers, I never use headphones or earphones.

I usually leave my sound around 4-12, depending on how loud/quiet the song/game I'm listening/playing is.

If I'm on voice calls with someone though, then the volume can easily go much higher, like to 30s or 40s.

And when watching videos it can also vary a lot. Depends on how loud the video is... Sometimes my usual 4-12 range is fine, sometimes they require 20-30s.

Senros likes this.
  11. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends. But I mostly like louder ones. The louder, the better lol.

Senros likes this.
  12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    2 to be precise.

Senros likes this.
  13. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I wear a headset and mainly use it for music on youtube, which I control the volume. So it's either high youtube volume and low PC volume or the opposite.

Senros likes this.
  14. Ruggit

Ruggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it sounds like y'all need to get VoiceMeeter introduced into your life by somebody. Rather than a % based volume system, it scales by decibels so regardless of your device u can get it where u need it (my headphones are around -18db range usually, bump for asmr lower for bgm). The enhanced windows mixer u can download is pretty cool for audio stuff, but as somebody who uses more than 1 output I actually can't fathom living without VoiceMeeter. I think if your seasoned with PC applications u can get into using the base version, since potato and banana are kinda scary looking.

Senros likes this.
  15. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like an ad lmao

I use voicemeeter for recording stuff. Not much for output.

16. Ruggit

Ruggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, it really does. I can see myself being able to live without VB for output if I didn't use multiple devices, but as I run dedicated headphones, speakers and a bluetooth headphone pair the freedom of being able to click twice and change my output device feels like no other. Also being able to click 3 times, and have music play on my speakers, videogame play in my headphones, and a separate yt vid play for my friend through the bluetooth headphones in a matter of seconds is just; mmmmh. Plus with VB macro buttons I can control all 3 output levels separately with macros. Try out VB™ today!

melomarl likes this.
  17. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

I like my shit loud.

18. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, when I am watching on Cruncyroll, I usu. have either muted or on the slider that would correspond to at least 50%. For my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 10, when the vol. is on, I think I usu. have it on in the 90s.