Discussion What novel will you never get tired of rereading?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LeniSnow, Aug 29, 2022.

1. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is Devil(魔王)

It is such a calming read that warms my heart. There are no overthinking and over dramatic characters and scenario. The characters have qualities I admire and aspire to be. It is plot driven with well written worldly details for. It makes me feel like I am with them, the way the author wrote is poetic even through mtl. Although the romance is subtle, I can still see how much they treasure each other and their family and friends. The characters are so precious I can't help but pray for their happiness. I love it so much I can't put it into words.
    Every time I reread it makes me feel like it's the first time and so far there isn't anything else that tops it from every genre. I've been rereading it again for a few times now aside from all the other times I kept rereading it and I just need to get this out.

What novel would always have a special place in your heart? Why?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  2. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    isekai nonbiri nouka
    emperor domination
    those two..
    oh yeah, and this
    Godly Stay-Home Dad
    Daddy Fantasy World Restaurant

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    LeniSnow likes this.
  3. milka99

milka99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, I EAT TOAMATOES' novels, in particular DESOLATE ERA and LORD XUE YING.

Wakashii and LeniSnow like this.
  4. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries. Just how the mc carries the plot and the worldbuilding and just everything that is the novel, is just absolutely spectacular. I just love how the mc is putting on the show and how us as the reader are apart of that audience, that's also in the novel. Magnificent in all its definition.

Mr v, MillenniumMoon, xLia and 2 others like this.
  5. zchwn

zchwn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keyboard Immortal, because i like the way MC to get heroines and the heroines interaction with MC. I have read it for 3 times.

I'm actually cultivation bigshot and it's turn out i am dao ancestor, same concept, i like their concept, but it's repetitive, and only read it for 50 chapters then dropped it again. Reread it so many times.

LeniSnow likes this.
  6. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about never, but I've always had novels that I've read on loop over the years. More of a spiral, because I'll read it obsessively, but when I leave it, I still remember it so well that it takes me a long time to pick it back up.
    Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Bookgirl by Mizuki Nomura

not LN/WN:
    The Belgariad
    Diana Wynne Jone's novels (especially Homeward Bounders, Fire and Hemlock & Howl's Moving Castle)
    Harry Potter 1-4
    Dresden Files (1-12)

whitespade and LeniSnow like this.
  7. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    Very Happy ^ω^

LeniSnow likes this.
  8. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries is my favorite. I have reread it for 4 times and never got bored by it.

Cultivation Chat Group is my second favorite. Reading RAW is a drag and troublesome at times but it's fun when I compared my understanding with the translated version.

LeniSnow likes this.
  9. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread books all the time. Just this weekend I decided to reread a bit from an old favorite that reminded me of a couple of books I'm currently reading. And it was a big mistake because that older book is just way better; so much so I'm sort of discouraged about the other two.

Other than this, I really should get around to reading all the Jin Yong novels again. I haven't done it in a long time, and I think I'll get a lot more out of them now. But of the last few years, the books I've reread the most are 步步生莲 and 穷鬼的上下两千年. These two has some amazing passages and sequences that I can go back to again and again. The biggest problem for me is that, although I can still find really good books to read, the stuff I've loved in the past are still always going to be a lot better.

LeniSnow likes this.
  10. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries (reread from detective arc)
    The World Online (from start to finish <3)
    Earth is Online (from start to finish <3)
    Card Room (reread from train arc)
    The Reborn Otaku's Code of Practice for the Apocalypse (from start to finish <3)

LeniSnow likes this.
  11. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Sun Knight, because the characters are so quirky and hilarious

LeniSnow likes this.
  12. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nightfall...

Ok, forgot to say why... I've always loved when the MC is not perfect, not the strongest, not invincible, he's in his way to become... Nightfall is a novel where all those cliches doesn't exist.

Ning Que is not handsome, he's not a peerless genius, he's not the son of a great figure, he's not in love with a beauty. He loves a ugly woman and only wanted to cultivate in peace after getting his revenge, but he turned to become the world's enemy only for one person. People would think: oh, she must be really beautiful for him to abandon everything, right? No, she isn't, but NOBODY can understand their relationship. Everything is so unique, EVERY single side character is so awesome, holy, I can read as many times as possible....

“We come from the mountains to kill you.”

“We come from the rivers to kill you.”

“We come from the grasslands to kill you.”

“We come from a deserted village in Yan to kill you.”

“We come from the deserted General’s Mansion in Chang’an to kill you.”

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    LordofDao and LeniSnow like this.
  13. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Crossing To The Future INEBM more than six times now

LeniSnow likes this.
  14. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I LOVE Diana Wayne Jones I like the Chrestomanci series and of course all her books are great.

I can reread and Terry Pratchett books because he's so funny and have lots of insight in human psychology.

The Bartimaeus Triology by Jonathan Stroud is also hilarious.

Isaac Asimov because he makes great scifi speculation.

Roald Dahl adult books because his twists are innovative.

M.R. James ghost stories I love the way the stories are written.

Agatha Christie her mysteries are wonderful.

You know what, I don't know why I keep on reading these braindead webnovels when I can read actual books. Most of the time it seems like I'm rereading something because they just recycle tropes and characterization every time. My brain get stupider and lazier as I get older T.T

simak, SerialBeggar and LeniSnow like this.
  15. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually don't re-read books, but the ones I actually like enough to re-read are:

- 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by GRRM
    - Shogun by James Clavell
    - 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini
    - The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman (its actually a comic/graphic novel)
    - Watchmen by Alan Moore (also a comic)

LeniSnow likes this.
  16. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually like romance and this one I'll keep reading Cannon Fodder's Record of Counterattacks

Tsukiakari and LeniSnow like this.
  17. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    The Mavin Manyshaped trilogy, which is the second trilogy of a three trilogy series (ie 9 books total) called The True Game by Sheri S. Tepper. The first trilogy is about the son, the second trilogy is about the mother, and the third trilogy is about the son's (future) girlfriend.

There's also the Honor Harrington series by David Weber, but there're so many books in the series now.

And The War Against the Chtorr by David Gerrold. I've already read it 3 times, but these books are rather heavy psychologically.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    LeniSnow likes this.
  18. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked Dahl's children's books. Hopefully his grown up books needed up better that D W Jone's attempt.

At their best, the episodic structure of the WN captured the adventure of the pulps, the energy of YA, and the imagination at the heart of fantasy. Or if you have a career track job or field of study, brainless is what your mind craves

The other reasons that I read LN/WN are that they break from books that follow the three part structure (development, climax, and denouement), the hero's pagan journey through the umderworld, or are written to be optioned by Hollywood. The last case is the worst for me, because the premise is snazzy enough to catch me, then partway through the cookbook becomes apparent. And yes there is a actually a screen writer's cookbook called "Save the Cat'.

That's not including the MESSAGE masquerading as fiction.

Thanks for the recommendation of MR James. I found his stories and will be downloading them: https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/m-r-james/short-fiction

In any case, happy reading.

LeniSnow likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/14167/metaworld-chronicles - it's a novel with complex plot lines. For the chapter discussions, often I'd have to go back dozens to hundreds of chapters to find and link up all of the Chekovs Guns that had been dropped back then that led to the current chapter's reveal. This could lead to me getting entranced and spending all day rereading several sections of the novel.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39408/beware-of-chicken - it's just comfortable to reread.

LeniSnow likes this.
  20. MillenniumMoon

MillenniumMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My all time-reread list:
    * My House of Horrors
    - I especially love reading the costumers reactions to the MC's attractions.
    * The Great Storyteller - One of the best wishful fulfillment novel there is, lots of plot holes, the ending, and some of his author friends I couldn't care less about but I still love it.
    * RPG (BL) Still not finished and updates are sporadic but I love how creepy it can get at times.
    * Welcome to the Nightmare Game (BL) Book 1 & 2 are the best but Book 3 is still great. Book 4 is still not finished though.
    * I really Can't Act (BL) My all-time favorite BL + Entertainment novel. I love how career focused the novel is unlike other BL entertainments novels.
    * The Lord of the Mysteries - Needs no explanation.
    * Most Fanfics written by Esama - Her fanfics are amazing.

LeniSnow likes this.