Deer chasing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CrescentCats, Sep 5, 2022.

Tags:
?

Do you own any pets?

1. Yes

30.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. No, but I would like to.

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CrescentCats

CrescentCats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, a few nights ago, my sister looked out her window and noticed a deer munching on the bush outside her window, and, of course, my sister screamed and told everyone in the house that there was a deer outside her window. The deer must have been more scared of her because it backed away. My mom then decided it would be a good idea to go outside and chase the deer, so we all yelled at her to come inside and leave the deer alone. The deer, of course, fled, and my mom returned inside.

We live in an animal-filled neighborhood, and I'm not sure if our neighbors own any animals, as I hear ducks quaking every night and chickens just today. I'd occasionally see a rabbit eating grass in our yard. Is there anyone else who lives in a neighborhood similar to mine, or does your neighborhood have something unique that your "typical" neighborhood does not?

Tilgarial and 12300 like this.
  2. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    In one of the neighborhoods I lived in, two houses away, they had a guardgoose!
    His name was otto; he was nice

3. Ak0w

Ak0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My neighbors bought frogs (or toads?) for their backyard pond. At first it was nice. Just a few frogs croaking every once in a while. However as the years went on, they multiplied. Now, every spring an ARMY OF FROGS croak the sleep outta me... :(

Also, deer story: saw deer in yard. Left out carrots. all animals avoided carrots like plague. Then all deer left after more houses got built. Still have rabbits eating up m garden. So that’s something

CrescentCats likes this.
  4. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    My neighborhood used to have a ton of different wild raptors/birds they were lovely. There was one that always hoo hoo at 7 am and I used to wake up hearing this call I found it so charming. But now there’s so much pollution I am even getting a bit sick breathing the air here.

CrescentCats likes this.
  5. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't owned any pet.

About neighborhood.

About 300 meters from my workplace are a Fisherman village. In the nearby estuaries, there are Salt Water Crocodiles. Sometime the crocodiles bite people.

Also met someone who was clawed by wild monkey (I guess long-tailed macaque), bitten by bats, snakes, scorpions, also hornets, dogs, cats, even rats...

I guess that's just how the things in the jungle ..

CrescentCats likes this.
  6. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    If he was very nice he must not have been much of a guard

CrescentCats, Milanin and Tilgarial like this.
  7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in a neighnourhood where the view outta the window is a beautiful landscape of mountains and forests, but the only nonhuman life there seem to be insects, dogs and cats. There is an appartment complex nearby I call the cat house because every time I go out to walk for whatever reason, I can find a few cats lazing outside. Quite a few are very friendly and come to you when you call them - a feature I make use of pretty much always whenever an opportunity presents itself.

8. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    He was nice, because every time I passed by he'd come up and greet me! (And because I wasn't stupid enough to stick my finger through the fence)

9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    We too live a forest.

Every night we are told to stay away from the downtown Street, nocturnal jackals prowl in packs around there. I've read about the victims many a times on news.

Rabid bite marks, guts splattered across, some had their skulls broken into and greyish brain matter spilled all over.

At summers we usually keep huge feeder buckets outside our perch, for the hungry bucks and Buffalos. It's a such a fascinating scene to watch them canter in gee when they see the water and the loud slurping sounds when they guzzle the water like a vaccum. I must say I like the bucks more, their smaller snouts are much more pleasing to the eyes.

Winters is when lone hunters reign, anything from jaguars to lynxs. I dare say I've seen snow leopards with furs so soft and plush, even cashmeres would dull in comparison.

They hunt the hibernating rodents, with such ingenuity that I sometimes wonder if I would survive if they ever deemed my sloth like body edible.

We keep our doors and windows shut, and our mind busy to not be horrified with the recurring ghastly howls. The nights lasts the whole winter, every folklore horrors speak of the haunting and curses to those who confront the howling beasts.

Monsoon is the time of critters and slithering serpents,. Outsiders think it's the serpents that harm but we dare say there's none in the world more mortifying and annoying than those critters, no inch of space is beyond their border, no material in this world above their diet.

Yes we do live in a lively jungle

CrescentCats likes this.
  10. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be nice if i can life in where you life...

CrescentCats likes this.
  11. CrescentCats

CrescentCats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    trust me you don’t live here. it sounds nice at first but it eventually will get annoying.

Wow that sounds cool and terrifying at same time.

12. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup... That sound cool and terrifying...
    But i woul love to experince to...