Spoiler Father, I Don’t Want to Get Married!/아빠, 나 이 결혼 안 할래요!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aquaa, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Vangeance

Vangeance New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice nice thankss for the spoilers btw :)

layyu likes this.
  2. lucassimp

lucassimp Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which ch is their 1st night?

layyu likes this.
  3. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it's on chapter 200+

I checked it and it's exactly on Chapter 200

4. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I miss something or what happened to those wilting flowers the duke found in his office? He said they were suspicious and he should've investigated them

layyu likes this.
  5. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Things have been somehow different from the novel, and correct me if I'm wrong, this scene you're talking about isn't from the kln.

6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I only read the manhwa. There seemed to be a comment from Legis from the future, how he should've looked more into it. So I expected this to be mentioned again later, but it never did.

Btw, is the novel as light hearted as the manhwa? I was expecting the manhwa to be dramatic because of the beginning, but 99% of it is light hearted and the characters are kind of silly even. Does the novel have the same comedic tone?

Also, I'm curious about a few things that weren't in the spoilers. Does anyone know what families the 2 empresses (Max's mom and Riche's mom) come from? Like if they come from powerful families. Come to think of it, Juvelian's grandparents aren't mentioned either, I suppose they're all dead?
    And I suppose the emperor was indifferent to Max's mother, and didn't care abt her death. Like he doesn't care abt Max. Logically, I think he shouldn't have hated Max, but should've actually been proud that his successor is valiant and strong and boosts the imperial's family's honor. Just how he is when he thinks Riche's a magician, altho he also wanted to use Riche. But he could've also used Max if he trained him to listen to him from the start.

7. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

Both Max's and Trice's maternal family is from a County. There's no mentioning of how powerful their maternal families are but... I believe the Emperor had chosen a family where their power is mediocre, average at best. Just so no one could stop him from doing anything. That's why he only stuck with Count families and not with higher ranking families.

I don't know what happened to Juvel's maternal (Amelia's side) grandparents but before she was even conceived, they were already dead and not mentioned on the novel. While Juvel's paternal (Legis's side) grandparents died from sickness (if I remember, yeah), they died from some kind if plague, i believe?

Yes.

Well, yeah, I agree. But the Emperor's a power-hungry shithead so... That's why he's a dumb dumb.[SPOILER/]

Just wanna add that if the manhwa would be adapting Amelia's and Legis's backstory, then you'd be crying.

8. Johnwill12

Johnwill12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Why is Juvelian’s father Regis so stubborn when it comes to Max and Juvelian’s relationship, does he accept it yes or no!? Why doesn’t Juvelian stand up to Regis and tell him to just accept her and Max’s relationship, I mean where’s the backbone that Juvelian showed when she confronted Mikail and his family? She should just threaten to leave the Empire (Regis) for another Kingdom if Regis doesn’t accept her and Max. Does Regis not even trust Juvelian, or does he not want her to have her own life? Parents need to trust their kids or else they risk losing their kids trust. If Regis values Juvelian’s happiness then why doesn’t he put her feelings first, and just accept their relationship? What’s with the overprotective fathers that we see in East Asian stories? I wish that Regis’s late wife Amelia was still around she would’ve reminded him to let Juvelian grow up.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  9. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Truthfully, he was adamant of their relationship because first and foremost, Max is the Crown Prince. Who is Max's father again? That jerk of an Emperor. Who caused most of their misfortunes (except the fact that they didn't communicate)? The Emperor.

Plus adding the fact that Max is a stubborn little brat too. Legis (w: I might switch from Legis to Regis since I'm more familiar to Regis but trying to adapt to official translation) had known Max since he was a kid, sure he knows his own disciple more than his daughter knowing that disciple of him. Max even called Juvel a rat since she be listening to their (Max & Legis) conversation some time at the beginning of the novel/manhwa. He also didn't empathized with Legis' weakness towards Juvel since the beginning of their master-disciple relationship till Max fell for Juvel. Add the fact that Max is also such an inhumane person who doesn't really care about other ppl.

Plus add the fact too that is a little bit of the things I had just mentioned. Max's father, the Emperor, can control Regis, the strongest man on the Empire. If ever Max wasn't that strong enough (on the manhwa, he still wasn't that strong enough), and it was revealed that Juvel and Max are together, and that asshole of an Emperor didn't like this scenario at all (I mean, I know he (that bitch of an Emperor) doesn't like this considering that if Max and Juvel are together, since the Floyen Duchy is a really powerful family, because it means Max will get a strong support from the Floyen Duchy, which is a powerful family, and Max could grow his supporters too using the Floyen Duchy's name), then that Emperor could just use Legis against Max and Juvel and, yk... He's the strongest, maybe Regis was like (it was hinted already in the novel that this is what he wanna do, idk with the manhwa), Max needed to be strong enough that he could match Regis so he could protect Juvel (idk if that made sense).

On a more manhwa mindset, I think he's just being your typical manhwa father.

And to the question if Legis did ever accepted Juvel and Max's relationship...
    It's a yes. He can't really say no to Juvel that badly. Juvel's aunt-in-law (her maternal uncle's wife, and her mother's sister-in-law) even told Legis (if I'm not mistaken) that he can't really stop her from doing so.

Well, she got some childhood trauma, and don't you tend to fear your parents more than others? Or is this just an asian thing I'm not aware of :X3:(I'm asian btw)

I mean, I do agree but wasn't it too much? Lol. But I wanna reply that in the novel, Juvel admitted that she may have unconsciously hoped that maybe her relationship with her father might change, so maybe that's why she also didn't.

Do you know when those drama tropes in either movies, tv series, or novels had this scene when the girl says "You don't trust me" and the guy who's most likely her s/o or sometimes her father would say "It's not like I don't trust you, but I don't trust the people around you" yeah? Yeah? Just like that.

Legis once said that he trust Juvel.

And... It's not like he doesn't want for her to have her own life. He just wanted to be with her for a little bit of more time. Maybe that's one of the reasons why he was so not into Max and Juvel's relationship. Because at those times, they were finally somehow getting warmed up by each other's presence and Regis was afraid that that might have to end sooner than he had expected (unlike when Juvel and Mikhail-bitch were dating, that Juvel and Legis doesn't have that family type of relationship). But when he figured that Juvel, coming from Juvel herself, never intends to cut off her relationship with him (this confirmation happened in Juvel's coming of age ceremony, if I'm not mistaken), he somehow got more laidback about Juvel and Max but still protective of her while Legis was trying to teach Max about being stronger and such.

agree

I mean, I do agree with you but parents are also humans. I kinda parents my siblings (that sucks for me but I love my siblings) and this is just normal for parents. Sure, things should be changed but sometimes you still see them like they're still children when they're literally talking people already who had their own opinions.

Question... Where you not an asian? Idk what's the deal with it but it's a really common occurrence here in my part in asia (I'm from SEA, commonly known as Southeast Asia) where fathers typically are overprotective over their daughters. Was it suffocating? Yes it is. They're so strict like dude, it's the 21st century. Maube

I agree

I just wanna add my another yet insight of this one. Like yeah... I did reply this:
    But now that I think about it more, I guess he's a less of a dummy. He couldn't control Max. He could never. Max never gave him an opportunity to do so. Darius is such an scheming little shithead, there's no way he hadn't tried to control him (Darius the Emperor did try using women, liquor, etc to Max but Max never indulge to such things so it never worked). Plus he can't kill Max.

In a country where a male heir is preferred over a female heir, conservative nobles would have criticized him for doing so and would have pushed him more on having another consort to have a male child and the factions would have been divided even more (to the possibly dead Max faction, the Empress's faction, neutral faction, the new male heir faction, the conservative faction, other factions) if he did so.

And since he doesn't want that, he tried to cut off all the possible supports Max might get and let's the Empress do the work (like, let's the Empress tarnish Max's reputation by spreading nasty rumors about him).

10. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    To answer the question if I’m from Asia, no I’m not I am of European ancestry, and I live in the U.S. Where I live the fathers tend to trust their kids more and allow them more independence to live their own lives. Why are fathers (East Asia) overprotective of their daughters but not their sons? Shouldn’t fathers be protective of their kids equally regardless of gender?

Perhaps if Max had been in Juvelian’s presence if she decided to tell Regis to accept her and Max than she wouldn’t have been as afraid of Regis (childhood trauma)? Which chapter in the Manhua are we introduced Juvelian’s maternal aunt? Regis kind of has his own self to blame for not being close to Juvelian at certain times, so he can’t blame Max for that. He made the decision to let himself be controlled by the Emperor did he not?

Is it really necessary for Max to be as strong (sword) as Regis just to be worthy of Juvelian, strength can be measured in other ways can it not? Can’t Regis see that having Max on his side is the best chance he’s got against the Emperor? Surely he must see that it’s in his best interest for Max to become Emperor, right? I hope that it won’t be too much longer before Max finally best Regis, then Regis will finally Shut Up and accept Max once and for all.

If Regis was worried about Juvelian than why didn’t he have someone instruct her how to wield a sword, and protect herself? Also in chapter 78 of the Manhua why didn’t Juvelian call Regis out when he pointed his sword at Max? Regis has to know that if he harms Max that Juvelian would never forgive him right? If Regis wants Juvelian to be happy then he needs to accept Max and stop being so stubborn about it.

Should Regis really be surprised that Max started out as an inhuman person considering what his childhood has been like, and what a horrible man (Emperor) his father is? Perhaps if Regis had tried acting like a loving father to Max (not just his instructor) maybe he would’ve become less inhuman, so why didn’t he? Who is he to judge Max considering all of the blood that he shed in the name of the Emperor? If Regis wants to see a real monster (besides the Emperor) then the person he should really look at isn’t Max but himself, take a look in the mirror. Besides could he not see that Max has become a better person ever since he fell in love with Juvelian?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    yukihibari likes this.
  11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the emperor and Max...Idk, when he was young he seemed quite starved for affection. He was crying and telling his mom he didn't do those things.

I don't get why the emperor disliked him at that point since he was his first borne son. Sons are quite important, especially considering the 2nd empress' obsession with getting a son and hating she had a daughter.

Also, how come the second empress was a threat to the first empress and her son if they both had the same position? She was ultimately killed by the second empress and her son was framed of being a monster.The emperor also seems to respect the second empress in the current chapters, so why was he so indifferent to his first wife?

Anyway, I don't think he would've actually cared if his son was indeed a monster, considering his own lack of morals. I don't understand if the rumors about young Max entailed him being strong, but if so, the emperor should've already been interested in him then. And even the servants ostracized Max back then. The only person on his side was his mother, who later died. So I think it would've been easy to get such a lonely kid under control.

Moreover, if he has one and only son, why send him to the battlefield so he can lose his only successor?

12. Swonder07

Swonder07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know any spoilers on what will happen to the Wizard ? Does he get caught by the emperor!!

13. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be replying quickly (I'm busy preparing for school:cry:) so just ask if ever things aren't clear. It's really hard to explain the concept of overprotectiveness (lol, it's really strictness) with someone who isn't an asian/african descent. From what I had been seeing, it's really not something an american or European are really experiencing so it'll be hard to explain. I agree that children, regardless of gender, should be treated equally but it's not like we can ask the author to change it.

Honestly, Juvel's body isn't fit for sword. She had lots of mana on her body (that's why she isn't fit for physical things too as her body is weak) so it's only natural for her to be a magician/wizard, but since her lost memory is affecting her to be able to use magic, she can't be magician as of now.

With regards to chapter 78, I also don't know but in the novel, she did. She called Regis “Daddy” so Regis would stop using his sword against Max.

He also knows that if ever he harmed Max badly, Juvel won't forgive him.

I agree too that if Regis want Juvel to be happy, they should let the two but there's still Darius, and Max really needs to be strong to defeat Regis if Darius used the ring to control Legis.

I mean, I do agree, but Regis also tries for Max not be that inhumane but he really fails to do so.

He does, esp when Empress Leticia (I believe it is Max's mother) died, it's just that he gave up because Max is just... someone he can't really control.

Well, he's used by Darius. He doesn't wanna do that but the ring was used for Legis to do that.

I mean, yeah... But only because Max know Juvel doesn't like it. I'm not excusing both of their behaviors. And it's just a novel anyway.

Ayyo, can you please clear this up more for me?

Despite their families having the same rank, it seems that Empress Leticia's family was more lenient and non-influential compared to Beatrice's mother's family.

Maybe it was because unlike him and the current Empress, Leticia was more upright. People of the Empire know this too, Darius is really power-hungry, so maybe he didn't like that if Leticia became a bit more influential, Darius's power would be weaker and weaker.

I agree, but Leticia afaik, warns her own son against his own father, so Max was also wary of the Emperor to begin with. Plus Max is aware that Darius didn't even help him (Max) and his mother when they're suffering, though lonely (kind of not really because Legis and Julia/Yuria/Yuri was with him), would it even cross his mind to have an alliance with his trash of a father? Maybe not. Plus that's why the pact with Legis and Leticia was also in, because Leticia knows that if she died, Max would have no one.

I mean, for sure I know that he can't control Max (he did try to do so but he failed, I reread, hehe). For him, it's easier to have his own daughter (Beatrice) marry someone and have his grandson become his successor, making that grandson obedient to him.

Honestly, the wizard wasn't mentioned in the novel. So wdk too.

Johnwill12 likes this.
  14. Viel2001

Viel2001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have full mtl of this?

15. Cyzzane

Cyzzane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There might be a few, but WebNovel has a translation that they do offer for free if you wait over time and up to Volume 3 I think is released on Amazon. It may be worth checking out =)

layyu likes this.
  16. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember and claim that 'Father, I Don't Want To Get Married/Father, I Don't Want This Marriage' was the first story that introduced me the Tropes 'Hot Stoic Misunderstood Overprotective Doting Yandere Daddy', 'The Brooding Edgy Sexy Bloody Revenge Mode ML Prince Disguising Himself As Someone Else and then Falling In Love With the FL + becoming also obsessive of her (The black haired ML with golden eyes already did that first in 'Doctor Elise') and the plot twist that the FL has been the original daughter all along due to a very complicated conspiracy battle Drama and magic ritual deal.
    Other works using the same revealation complicate it with 'FL is the incarnation of a goddess' or 'FL & ML known each other from a different life or timeline and they are fated soulmates that keep getting reincarnated over and over again...
    Yepp, this is Fantasy Melodramaland for you.

layyu likes this.
  17. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Relate

18. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    Why exactly did Regis allow Darius to put that cursed ring on his finger, what was he thinking? He should’ve known better than to trust Darius? If he had not allowed Darius to put that ring on his finger than he wouldn’t be controlled by him to begin with. Are there any Manhua in which the male lead isn’t yandere and doesn’t have a dark side to himself (like Max), and only acts a certain way because of a curse or some terrible circumstance? Once that’s resolved the male lead becomes more balanced with no yandere tendencies. Can you think of any Manhua like that, if so can you name some of them by title?

19. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Regis never allowed Darius to put that ring on him, nor he trusted him. It mentioned in past spoiler that Darius forced Regis drunk when he's minor and signed the deal without his consent.

Johnwill12 and layyu like this.
  20. darii24

darii24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on webnovel? Under what name? And yeah it's on Kindle unlimited up to Volume 3.

layyu likes this.