Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    He is a pretty boring person and his life would've just revolve around the navy if not for Ines. He also likes to stick to a habit or schedule and that's why when he goes to Mendoza, he feels stressed because there's always people and things happening outside of his comfort such as his aunt, cousin, emperor, Ines (prior to marriage). But when he drew Ines into his zone, he continued to live as he usually does and Ines ended up swept into his zone. Well, I can't condemn him for a boring life because most people do live such a life, but at least the navy is pretty interesting to him because he does get to see many new places and he does enjoy shooting and training. Now he can enjoy his quiet hobbies of travelling and shooting with his wife and kids in the future.

She was referring to the disappointment of how Juan is to Calderon. I think this is when Juan was telling her how his father didn't think he was good enough. Ines thinks Juan is a better father than Calderon is so I think when she said that she's thinking Carcel will be a better father than Juan will be, and so on and so forth. It might also just mean in general as a man.

They took the dog with them so the children were living and playing with the dog in Esposa. Juan isn't good with dogs but Leonel is so Leonel showed them how to play with the dog. Not sure what Ivana likes but it appears she likes whatever her brother likes and also likes to compete with him. She's scare of predatory birds though so when Leonel was going to show Ricardo the Valeztena hawks, Ivana got competitive and also wanted to see them, but the grandparents reminded her that she was scared of them before. Ivana tried to deny it. :blobrofl:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  2. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    You just reminded me of the admiral’s advice to Carcel. Carcel must have really taken it to heart because just like his grandfather advised, he moved away from the imperial family to reduce his interaction with them. Regarding traveling, I’m glad that Carcel gets to do the things he love but I’m especially glad that he can show Ines the world. I think it’s a good experience for her and it’s clear she seems to dislike Mendoza. What ever happened to the boat that he named after her? Is that the one they used during travel? Can Carcel operate a ship?
    Their interactions are so cute. Which one of them is older? They sound close too. I can’t wait to read in details about them like the things they say and do. Their interactions with their grandparents sound entertaining as well. It would have been nice to see them playing with their cousins too.

3. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually even travelling is a hobby of Ines. If you remember in her POV, the very early chapters before she married Oscar, she used to travel a lot and get tanned often and made it popular for a while because of it. After she married Oscar, she couldn't travel anymore and tried to stay pale because of the normal beauty standards. Her love for travelling I believe was also shown in the manhwa.
    [​IMG]
    This just really show how much Carcel and Ines really enjoy similar things.

The ship he built for her ended up being named La Eternidad (The Eternity) because Ines doesn't want it named after her. :blobrofl: They took that ship to Ille Tasya. Carcel's naval fleet followed behind. He could've been on his fleet but of course he wanted to travel with his wife so they were on her ship while his fleet follow closely.

I believe Ricardo is older. Don't quite remember. They are pretty close despite always fighting with each other, but I think it's like normal sibling rivalry and closeness. Similar to Ines and Luciano in past lives. Ines was also very competitive with Luciano before but Luciano usually just let her have her way. Ricardo isn't as nice though. Juan lets Ricardo have his spoiled moment for now because once he's older he would have to be trained to be more fair to be a better successor but for now he believes that they should enjoy their childhood and let them compete. I think Ivana likes her baby cousin Rafaela because she wanted a younger sister like her. Ricardo said he wants a younger brother because Ivana already has a female younger cousin. Lucky for Ricardo, the next child is a younger brother as he wishes.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  4. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m so jealous of their lifestyle. It sounds so nice. Traveling on their own ship and living on an exotic island. Then maybe if there are any other islands close by they can go sailing or just doing some sight-seeing. And you’re right. I only remembered the traveling bit from the second timeline after you reminded me. I quite like the name of the ship. Somehow connecting that name with them seem to remind me they’ll share an eternity together. Just mentioning the ship’s name in casual conversation would remind them of the weight of that name. I assume the architecture of her ship was probably designed to cater more to her comforts on board. Carcel’s bedroom in Mendoza was very plain. I would think he added some luxuries on the ship especially for Ines.

:LOL: Perhaps Ricardo doesn’t act as nice as Luciano did with Ines because he and Ivana are the same age. I’m reminded of the way a parent might tell their kid to be a nice big brother to a younger sibling. Like, I can see the twins taking care of their younger sibling. Which reminds me, that time when Ines pointed out Carcel, Miguel might have been a new born baby or Isabella was pregnant since Carcel is 6 years older.

Is Ignacio and Raphael going to be around the same age?

5. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I can definitely see him add more luxuries for Ines because she does like her luxuries. Even for her tomb, she wanted a big tomb to decorate it. Carcel did also add features that he liked himself since he is a navyman, he decked out the ship with cannons and sails so it's pretty much a full-fledged luxurious battleship. :blobjoy: And they do go sailing to nearby islands on smaller boats. He brought her to see one of the smaller unknown islands when she was pregnant and they had their date there. You can also see she got excited travelling to Calderon's hunting ground so there are many other places he can bring her to.

This is most likely it because a parent would try to tell their child to be nicer to their younger sibling. I can see Leonel and their grandmother saying that to Luciano especially when they both seem to favor Ines more. Luciano was also more protective of Ines because of their mother so that's another reason why. With the healthier family dynamic, Ricardo doesn't have to be much of a protector as Luciano felt he had to be for Ines. As for Carcel and Miguel, their large age gap actually made them not very close. Miguel looks up to his brother but Carcel is pretty strict with his brother.

Ignacio is closer to Rafaela's age since Ines is almost giving birth at the end of the novel and this is when Rafaela was just born. Rafael will probably be a few years younger than Ignacio and Rafaela.

6. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    The ship sounds awesome. I like that he fitted it with canons. At least it ensures that they have protection in case of emergency. And yep, I can see he would think of her comfort onboard so making it comfortable for her is a must. And we know that he mentioned previously in a letter to Ines about his cabin. I imagine he would be perfectly capable of judging all the inconveniences and build her room to eliminate discomfort.
    I find it cute how Carcel is strict with Miguel when he’s usually so easygoing. Thinking about it, he takes good care of Miguel. I wonder if he will be strict with Ricardo later.
    Oh, I get it. I erroneously thought Raphael was already born and Raphaela was a to toddler. However, considering the twins are two years old, it would be too much for Luciano to already have two kids in that timeframe.

alpineibex, PattyCakes and NohrNeir like this.
  7. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    They have an upper deck to oversee the operations of the deck. During their 10 day trip to the island, Ines had been waking up very early every day. She was so excited that she kept waking up earlier than Carcel every day and go roaming around the ship. Carcel always had to try to find her when he wakes up. There was a day Juana came to tell Ines there's a whale and Ines got excited. She ditched Carcel in the middle of their conversation to go see. Carcel also followed behind because he got excited seeing her excited, so as he had wrote to her in his letters, she would enjoy watching things for the first time and he would enjoy watching her watch things for the first time.

Carcel helps Miguel train so I think he treats Miguel as his men with training. Not sure how he'll treat Ricardo, but I think Carcel prefers Ivana better because she's his daughter who he thinks is like Ines. :blobrofl: Ivana isn't as easygoing as her brother so she prefers to be hold only by some people and Carcel isn't really one of them so Carcel always looks jealousy at whoever gets to hold his daughter. That is not to say he's bad with his son since he does play with Ricardo. He talks to Ricardo about his grandmother Olga when he tried to get Ricardo to sleep. He was also playing with the dog while holding Ricardo in the beginning of the side story. He also does plan to keep the family tradition of bringing Ricardo to the family tombs when it is his time to marry. He was also making rosaries for them with Luciano.

Delfina got pregnant almost at the same time Ines got pregnant with Ignacio. That's why when they returned to Ortega, they dropped by Perez first to see Luciano and Delfina's newborn, Rafaela, before they head to Perez. So Rafael isn't born anytime soon. We just know as readers from the author's blog that they will have a son who looks like Luciano.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  8. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, because wasnt she married in the 2nd timeline to the
    I saw her happy and smiling with him in the manhwa so I just thought they had a happy and healthy relationship

9. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We alrdy said there are spoilers in the 1st pg... she was not fully happy with him. She had seizures, suffered from memories with Oscar, missed her brother, missed her horse, miss things she used to do. She didn't even love Emiliano a lot cuz there's a part where she told Emiliano that she love her brother more. Just saying there are spoilers on 1st pg TOC :blobtriumph:

That part in manhwa still in beginning and she wasnt even thinking she was happy. She was just trying to convince she was happy compre to her wedding with Oscar

Deskata and Celebrianna like this.
  10. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres no reason to be angry lol

11. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    You know ppl spend time typing a lot when yu not even reading them. There's a TOC and ppl tell yu the spoilers there. You still ask w/o checking spoiler. If yu here to ship Emiliano not many here cuz most who stay read spoilers and not Emiliano shipper.

12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said @Celebrianna did not even mention anything about Emiliano so whether Ines was happy with him or not had nothing to do with our current conversation? I'm not sure what you're trying to input into our conversation by saying that when we were talking about how Carcel is the only guy who tried to satisfy her sexually. Note, @Celebrianna only mentioned about Carcel. So what you did was very random?

Not only did you respond without any relevance to our conversation, you threw in a comment that showed you didn't even read the spoilers and we were talking about spoilers. You weren't even curious about what we were talking about as you were inputting something that had nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I'm not sure if you understand how conversations go. There's a back and forth to what was already spoken. If you want to input something new, you wouldn't need to quote someone. What does Emiliano had to do with what we were saying? Perhaps try to read into what we were talking about? Did we even say anything about her being happy with Emiliano? No we didn't. We were talking about Ines and Carcel's wedding night. What does her being happy with Emiliano have to do with Ines and Carcel's sex?

And note: There are already spoilers that showed what @PattyCakes said, that she wasn't truly happy with Emiliano. What led me to know you didn't even bother to read spoilers is the fact you said 2nd timeline. Ines married Carcel at 1st timeline, Oscar at 2nd, Emiliano at 3rd, and Carcel again at 4th.

The reason @PattyCakes might've been annoyed is because a few pages back we've already had a discussion on how most of us that do stay in this spoiler forum dislike 2nd MLs and are glad that this novel/manwha doesn't have any 2nd ML so for you to come in talking about Emiliano as if you're shipping him with Ines does seem off-putting to most of us that tend to stay in this spoiler forum.

13. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did I ever say I was shipping her and the Emiliando?? I simply stated something that I observed while reading the manhwa "she seemed happy when she was with him"

14. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me be some neutral person to reply you for this :blob_grin:

In the manhwa (and novel) most of the time she thought of Emiliano was to compare with her miserable life with Oscar. She considered she was happier with him than with Oscar. That's it. She didn't think much about him later. You'll discover later that she even avoided meeting him in this lifetime too.

15. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I think you guys didn't understand what I was trying to say.. I replied to the comment

"...Does this mean that she’s never experienced a man taking especial care to satisfy her? It sounds like she did all the work."

In response , I simply said that she and the painter were looked like a couple who were in love and I would think that they would have a warm and intimate relationship (and there would never be any issue with intimacy).

Again I am just a manhwa reader who had just seen the chapter of the FL second life and got interested in the conversation.

And yes I did have a look at the spoilers. But that was after my comment was posted.
    Some of those remarks were really not necessary.

16. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is Ines never mentioned anything about her sex life with Emiliano. Either it's forgettable or it's not worth mentioning in her memories.

Also she got a difficult pregnancy during that timeline too and he didn't help much with that. The rest we can imagine how.

17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    If you followed our train of conversation this meant satisfy her sexually. Even if they had a child, that didn't mean he satisfied her sexually because the only example of their love making was when Ines seduced him upon meeting him. In that dynamic he did not satisfy her. She satisfied him as he was lying down and she did all the work. Given their relationship dynamic, it was clear Ines was always the one who did all the work because of the way he talked to her and was treated by her. He still addressed her with 님 even after they were together. And Ines never viewed sex as intimate. That's why she's fine with having sex with Carcel but not fine with kissing because she felt that is more intimate. In a previous post, I mentioned she used sex as a tool for seducing the guy or to have children. You also have to consider that she took 4 years to give birth to Emiliano's child but with Carcel, she was able to get pregnant within a year or so. I don't think she had that much sex with Emiliano. The first time she had sex with him was just to seduce him to make him help her run away.

If that's what you're trying to say, then you didn't make your full thought shown because just saying
    "Right, because wasnt she married in the 2nd timeline to the painter guy who she had a child with. Didnt he love her?"
    or
    "I saw her happy and smiling with him in the manhwa so I just thought they had a happy and healthy relationship"
    did not convey anything you just mentioned.

And I may not be able to speak for @Celebrianna whom you quoted but from my POV, whatever you tried to convey did not conveyed through.

And I apologized if my remarks were not necessary.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  18. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    By randomly talking about Emiliano when no one was seemed like you just trying to say she was happy with him when they were just talking about how sexually matched Ines and Carcel is.

Your words were not that and you cant think we would get w/e you put in parenthesis if you didnt put those words. All you said was she married and had a child and in love with Emiliano when they were talking about Carcel satisfying her sexually.

19. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, since the topic was brought up, I personally believe she did the satisfying during sex in the previous timeline. The only time Ines has reflected on sex with Emiliano is the very first time when she seduced him. Even her outrageous sex life with Oscar is more covered. Other than her first time with Emiliano, there is no other mention of her sex life with him. I assume their sex life was more “nothing to see here” kind of thing. And yep it took her four years to get pregnant even though they were probably together all the time. Also, remarkably, her life with him has so little information compared even to her life with Oscar. All we know is that they wandered from place to place, she experienced seizures about her nightmare life with Oscar, she had memory losses, they sold jewelry and paintings to survive, her talk of her love for her brother, missing her horse, their tragic ending and her admission that she worshipped love like a sacred image during that time.

I re-read the first night last night and I like how Carcel wore down Ines’s intention to treat their first time as a quickie. It’s hilarious the way she’s moaning while protesting to Carcel about making her feel good is unnecessary. Then next morning, we find out they had sex for ten hours. And that amusing last bit where Carcel reminds Ines that just two hours ago in the bathtub, she climbed on him, inserted his tool, squeezed him incessantly as she had her way with him, then tossed him aside. :LOL: So much for just having 10 minutes of obligatory sex. Ines sure got into it and made no apologies about enjoying herself.

Also, it’s cute how she defeatedly acknowledged that Carcel, as her husband, is like a different person. She felt his sincerity towards her and his dutiful spirit as a military man. She said she felt strange seeing this side of him as though he had changed into an unfamiliar man. I realized too that the spirit of their conversation changed as though spending the night together broke down a barrier between them and their attitude in conversation was more friendly and understanding towards each other.

20. RondomSs4

RondomSs4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooo don’t divorce her I am crying…chapter 12 was so painful and agonising