Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she always held on to her dream/wish that a knight would save her.

JosianeLoures and Asias like this.
  2. mariakap

mariakap Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish Riftan and Ruth could see that. I do not thing it leaves traces or side effects. Their magic doesn't com with a price, unless
    I am tired of the war too, it's supposed to be a romantic book and the second book is mostly separation of the couple and wars instead of working through the problems and actually get to know each other and develop their relationship. Their relationship/marriage was put on hold so many times and we didn't see any character development within that. So, we will get a chapter or two saying all good yes, instead of see them working together to fix what they have. The second book was only action

I would expect a more romantic gesture.

So now all the golems are awaken (after the corrections)?

Asias and JosianeLoures like this.
  3. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know when the next chapter is coming out?

Asias likes this.
  4. mariakap

mariakap Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sincerely hope so, cause I don't want Rosetta to be right and of course not the Duke that impacted her so much as to hate herself. She should know by now that what she feels about Riftan is love and I totally agree with you that he deserves Maxi's love confession. I just hope he comes back soon. All the Rem... knights and Ruth need to see what Maxi can do, that she is not a weak woman and that along with Riftan she is worth following. I believe that this and her expressing her love to Riftan will make her complete and healed as a person.

5. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be out on Friday ( 9th Sep), but in South Korea there's bank holiday - Chuseok and we don't really know if Ridi takes break for the holiday or not.

JosianeLoures and sendyv like this.
  6. Asias

Asias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question: did Calto guarantee that Maxi is free from the WT because the golem are not considered taboo magic anymore, is it correct?….
    just speculating….how far is Riftan from Maxi? he might be able to run back to her if he learned that the castle is under siege by the monsters… not knowing about the golems. …..he’ll be super pround of her.

JosianeLoures and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  7. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she won't be required to stay at WT. The journey to dragon's lair takes a month or so, it's quite far from any human settlements.

JosianeLoures, Sa12Ben18 and Asias like this.
  8. Asias

Asias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am hoping that Maxi would say something like…. What do I like? actually-I love Riftan and I hate not being with you. I hope that somehow Rosetta and Maxi grow interest in knowing each other more and respect each other.

This is me thinking of possible scenarios…. What if it is Ruth that is going to casually reveals how Riftan’s best memory was about a flower crown that a young girl gave him to thank him for having saved her. Then, this is when Maxi realizes that it was Riftan and runs and hugs him and confesses her love to him …..

9. zkira

zkira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think talking about Maxi's love is kind of irrelevant, someone who has only seen pain his whole life, wasn't comfortable with the love he received at first, but over time he fell madly in love with Riftan, but without confidence that it could be the that he needed. Riftan, on the other hand, saw in Maxi the reason to live, he had nothing, he conquered everything with a lot of suffering and pain, he was forced to take the woman he wanted to protect almost by force, understand that they both have their inferiority complex, so they don't know if To express this, the scene that terrified me the most and made me very sad was when Riftan was happy with the first affection he received from his mother, only to see that it wasn't that, she just wanted to kill herself. For me Riftan and Maxi is not just love, if one died the other would not be able to live.

10. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 183 is up today guys! Maxi is fine, she was injured but nothing serious, no damaged nerve and no broken bones. Annette healed her. Then all the soldiers cheered for her, Gabel n Garou put her on their shoulders and they all chanting her name! Such a proud moment for her. So she and the wizards are making more golems now, they created 3 more because the current golems are expected to withstand for only 10 days and then return to dust. While they just completed the 3 golems, the undeads attack happen again. All the questions u guys asked in previous chapter are answered in this chapter I hope angel @kim rabbit will help to summarize/spoil this chapter for you hehe sorry guys im working. Btw i miss Riftan haha.

12. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting chapter. The golems turn to dust as soon as the mana is used up.
    The monsters have retreated and Maxi is carried on shoulders. Gabel and Garrow gave a cheer and everyone shouted "Maximilian Calyps":blobparty:.

SinFulHun, Tiniecarrot, Asias and 7 others like this.
  13. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I'm starting to think Gabel was left behind to later tell the golem story with his epic story telling skills and that's the only reason he didn't go to dragon's lair :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Riftan would rip off their shoulders though :ROFLMAO: luckly he ain't there to see it :D

14. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 183

Every time a giant fought a golem, it was as if an earthquake occurred and the ground was dented. The density of the soil had decreased unreasonably with the appearance of the golem. Gabel told Maxi to step aside for fear that the enemy could enter the gate if they escaped from the golem. At that moment, Gabel realized that Maxi's hand was covered in blood. Anette immediately cast healing magic on maxi. Luckily there were no broken bones or damaged nerves so maxi was able to recover as before.

The ground shook again. Seen the appearance of 2 golems like small fortresses stepping on each other's enemies. Gabel admired the sight. But anette was worried because the size of the golems exceeded their expectations. Max felt there was a flaw in their calculations. Max was only afraid that the golems could be difficult to control. The monsters back and forth before finally deciding to retreat behind the hill. The golems also stopped moving. Luckily the magic designed to make the golems only move when there was an enemy, it went according to plan.

The soldiers who had faced the fierce battle for the past 10 days, all cheered. Gabel and garrow lifted maxi to their shoulders and shouted the name "maximilian callypse" loudly. Max was taken aback by the sudden action and tried to tame the crowd. There are still concerns for maxi because the enemy only retreats and can attack at any time. But news emerged that the enemy was also retreating at the west gate (where Alec and Dean installed the golems).

According to the tracking team's report, the undead are camping near the black forest scattered in the western part of the Rexus Mountains. It is only about 3 km from the castle. Agnes came and told the possibility that the enemy would make a lot of undead because in that area there must be a lot of remaining buried monsters. Sidina, who had come to help make the golems, asked why the enemy didn't just destroy the barrier in another castle. It seems that's because Besmore is the closest to Mount Lexus. So it is very likely that after Besmore is conquered, the enemy will come to attack the conquering team. According to maxi, demons don't know that in other castles there are no golems. So the enemy prefers to attack Besmore because they have been surrounded for 10 days.

Max and the other wizards made 3 more golems which would be finished in 3-4 days. Having seen the power of the golems, Agnes seemed even more excited. Now the wizards were analyzing why the golems appeared with sizes beyond their calculations. Anette thought that the presence of excessive earth mana was the cause. Max also explains why the golems take longer to activate due to the golem's large body size and it takes some time to complete the internal circuit. The problem was that they couldn't be sure how long the golems could last. With their initial size, the golem should be able to last 1 month. But the golems appeared in much larger sizes, so maybe they could only last for 10 days. Max casts her magic inside the golem's blueprint. But she knew that would not be enough to support the 100 kvet giant. Once the energy of the mana stones is depleted, the golem will return to earth.

Thank goodness, Calto came up with a plan. Calto finally came out of his room exhausted by the side effect of building a shield. So they would make 3 additional golems and use the remaining manastones as substitutes. 7 manastones can be used. That's enough for 20 days. So they could buy time until the conquering army arrived if each golem lasted up to 10 days.

If the dragon dies, the monsters have no reason to attack again. Actually maxi doubts about it because the monsters could take revenge again for their god's death. But even so, there was no other way. Finally the golem was finished in 2 days with the help of wizards who helped in the night. Anette tells maxi to rest (because she hasn't slept yet), meanwhile anette and the godric brothers will activate the golems. Max ended up sleeping like a man passed out.

Max awoke to the hum of the trumpet. Thousands of undead filled the hills. The monsters crashed into the wall and descended. Meanwhile, the golems who had been kneeling and sitting back rose to their feet. The war starts again! Agnes gave orders for all troops to move to the location

the war starts again!

So how about it, will the golems win against those thousands of undead? Is it too dangerous to look for dragonians among thousands of undead? I hope maxi finds the solution herself

only two solutions.
    But we don't know which one is faster.

1. besmore can eliminate the remaining dragonians. I hope calto or maxi can think of something about this.

2. The conquering army defeats the dragon early so the enemy troops will retreat immediately.

I'm going crazy thinking how they can survive another month in the midst of the onslaught of enemy forces. Since the best knights went to attack the dragons, it seemed like the enemy knew that all that was left in the castle were ordinary troops. That's why they also did all their efforts to overthrow besmore

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    SinFulHun, Lola_Neres, Alamo and 19 others like this.
  15. mariakap

mariakap Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be so romantic! However, Ruth doesn't know the details of Riftan's dreams. He only knows that he was dreaming of a girl. I might be wrong though cause it's been a long time since I read Riftan's POV.

As far as Rosetta she is a weird character, I mean Maxi never disrespected her, but her on the other hand talked to Maxi in a bad manner even when they were alone. I think she thinks that Maxi is defective and she thinks she's better than her. She didn't even apologize to her for not supporting her or that she didn't do anything all these years when she knew and saw that she was treated like a vermin.

16. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was amazed by how KSJ formed the war conflict in today's chapter. Since it's nearing the end of the novel, I think they'll have an easy win. Apparently not! :eek: Come to think of it, the monsters are also very smart and agile. There seems to be a lot of strategic surprises in the next chapter. Actually, this Besmore conflict no one can rely on other than the wizards. WT proves their ability by leading the defense. I like it! :LOL:

17. zkira

zkira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter was good, Maxi had the highlight it deserves, the problem is that everything gets very repetitive, when Riftan is involved the war gets much more interesting, there's only one thing to worry about, if the castle's trap is to eliminate resistance , there will be something much worse in the Dragon

18. mariakap

mariakap Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I start to believe that the war will last for at least 3-5 more chapters and we'll have so little time with Riftan and Maxi. We haven't found out what is happening with Riftan's expedition yet, no news at all, we spent so many chapters just with "preparing" for the Besmore battle and I have a feeling that everything will be squeezed sloppily in 1-2 chapters. The dragon is not slayed obviously, the plot is not moving at all and until we have the returns of the heroes (in Anatol) - get together etc I'm afraid that the book won't even finish properly. Unless the author squeezes the revenge on Duke, the relationship with Rosetta, the mending of the couple and their recognition across the kingdoms, explain how life in Anatol will be from now on, the relationship with the rest of the knights, their return to Anatol and present the facts in Lexus and Maxi's official separation from the WT and recognition as a mage (now she's still a student) in the rest of the chapters, it will leave us incomplete. I don't like whining about it but I think there are so many more things left we want to see that we won't get to. Battles are fine but enough already! I'm a bit disappointed honestly :(
    :confused:

JosianeLoures, Asias and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  19. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True I wish KSJ would maybe try to expand the chapters to at least 200+ then maybe add some side stories for their happy times in Anatol. I'm really starting to think to write a fanfic about UTOT if KSJ won't:p;)

20. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean Rossetta is broken character as well, she suffered abuse also, different kind but still abuse. And she is younger than Maxi, saying that she did nothing to stop Maxi's abuse is ... well Rossetta was a child witnessing her sister being beaten and duke threaten her she will have the same fate unless she becomes perfect daughter, what was she supposed to do - call child services ? XD
    She became the person she is because of the abuse, did she had time and means to overcome her trauma? we will most probably never know.
    Rossetta was a pawn in duke's hands, her role was to become prince's wife and produce heirs, she stuck into her role to protect/preserve herself.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022