Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We just ignore them all if they come in to complain. If no one respond to them, they will leave anyway

Ines was able to use Carcel's fame to protect herself and her babies. Carcel also joined the war so he can get authority over the imperial family. If he's as powerful as his grandfather, the emperor or oscar wont be able to have their way with him cuz he can use the ppl of ortega as shield.

2. theoryrealm13

theoryrealm13 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the Novel doesn't talk about Ines and Emiliano's sex life other than their 1st time but I think this new chapter did give us some insight into it.
    When Ines started to undress and Carcel was nervous/shocked and didn't do anything, so she took that as a sign that he liked to do it with clothes on, she says "oh I heard some people like to do it like that."
    Well, I don't think she heard some people liked to do it like that, I think she was remembering her sex life with Emiliano because as we saw she had her clothes on when they had sex.
    I don't know, just an observation.

3. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love that the author establishes why characters remembered their past life. You don't really find that a lot in novels on manhwa today.

4. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Um no in novel she went into Emilianos guest room naked. It just shown she had clothes in manhwa cuz r15. Even in wedding night with Carcel she alrdy stripped by now so no. Stop trying to think there's more with emilinao. There isnt.

Idk if reason will stay in manhwa cuz it religion

5. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s a stretch. You seem to think Ines doesn’t know about sex. Sex is a huge part of their noble society. When she looked back on her crown princess days, she said there was nothing outrageous, when it comes to sex, that she hadn’t seen. There used to be noble ladies whom she socialize with and all they do is talk about sex. I highly doubt Ines meant Emiliano when she talked about odd people who liked to keep their clothes on.

True. This story doesn’t even see memories as a good thing. It’s a punishment and Ines hates that she has memories. She said even she needs ignorance to forget the past and live her life comfortably. Her past memories torment her and makes her anxious, unhappy and mentally unstable at times.

6. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ines is very aware of the sex lives of society. Sleeping around is very much a norm in their society and sex is not shied away from. Ines isn't even shy or innocent with sex. She had experienced all kinds of sex just with Oscar alone and I've mentioned before that in her POV before seducing Emiliano she had mentioned how the one thing she gained from Oscar is knowing how to satisfy men because she always had to learn to be good at sex to satisfy Oscar's crazy sexual fetishes. Also to see you only read some of what we said but not all?

My summaries for the novel already mentioned she went to Emiliano naked.
    Well, the fact that the past lives are a very significant part also helps. I don't think there's much loose ends to the plotline.

7. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most of the problem can also be solved if manhwa starts exploring Ines and her knowledge on subject of sex. Some view her as naive girl who had horrible life with prince and think her only likable sexual relation come from the painter. People seem to be giving her viriginal girl vibes. Just cuz she look cold, I think people assume that she is not knowledgable about sex except for her time with painter. And read too deep into it.

Tbh, I love Ines cuz she is one of the rare FL who is so vocal and straightforward about sex life. She knows what she wants. Other FLs just keep acting awkward even if it is the 10th she is doing

8. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ppl just forcing connection just to want to think she still think about Emiliano but she only think about him when something come up. Even that wedding part she thinking about was cuz of the wedding she had with Carcel and she wasnt just thinking about Emiliano's wedding but also thought about Oscar's wedding.

9. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    And maybe the theme of the relationship for each of those two marriages differed. One seemed to be largely characterized by sex that even led to her tragedies of STDs, miscarriages, prostitutes, then eventual death as a way out. The second marriage went to the other extreme where love was revered like a sacred image to the exclusion of everything else. That led to bad decisions and bad ending.

Only this marriage with Carcel have balance. She gets the best sex she’s ever had and the best love she’s ever had. These are indisputable facts.

10. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Its so annoying they think she like a virgin so they also complain ml slept around like hello? Ines slept with other men before. She not innocent. The society not innocent either. They dont care about virgin brides.

11. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg she's so freaking beautiful. Her wedding chapters are so good!

12. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    We just talked today about the emperor who tried to impregnate someone else’s wife. That alone is a perfect example of the sexual promiscuity in their society. He also impregnated Dolores mother when she was someone else’s wife.

13. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    We also gave other examples not just the emperor, but empress, other nobles, even Ines' maid. We can even see during the wedding how everyone just talking about having a go with Ines when Carcel will get bored with his wife. That's just how the society is.

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I do wonder what Ines’s parents, Carcel’s parents and Carcel’s grandfather thought of the sexual promiscuity in society because they seem to have been faithful spouses. I know Olga suspected Leonel but she doesn’t have proof. I know Carcel’s grandfather thought his own daughter was a nasty thing probably starting from sleeping with the current emperor to piss him off.

15. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    I think their families let their kids choose. Isabella and Juan knew Carcel liked Ines and Leonel let Ines choose. So they lucky it not just fully to benefit family but also who their kids like.

16. theoryrealm13

theoryrealm13 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't trying to make Emiliano more of anything, geez calm down.

17. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    You might think you weren’t but it’s an extremely odd connection to make. Clearly Ines was talking in a way to say there are freaks or odd people who like to do it with their clothes on. Clearly her focus was on teasing Carcel because of his response. There is nobody else in her head during that scene. We are privy to their thoughts in the novel as well.

18. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a chapter about Ines and Carcels wedding night. Why bring up emiliano if you not trying to make more of him to the plot?

Like ppl making connection that she wore black cuz of emiliano. Everyone just want to connect everything back to him when she doesn't think much bout him.

19. theoryrealm13

theoryrealm13 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I wasn't super clear. I saw some people asking about her sex life with Emiliano and people responding the novel doesn't talk about it maybe because there wasn't much to talk about. Which I lead me to think they probably had a modest sex life, with clothes on. Which I don't think for the time is crazy weird nor would it be crazy for her to think Carcel is the same way. Thats it. I did not mean she was thinking of Emiliano in a romanic way on her wedding night with Carcel. Just that she is probably is familiar with modest sex.

20. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Well, even if she had such an experience, it would probably be forgettable. Usually the loudest things are what people remember the most. In the novel, besides her hot, wild and lewd sex life with Carcel, only her outrageous sex life with Oscar is covered and it’s quite disgusting to the point of making me sick to the stomach. She remembers all of it and I sincerely wish she forgot for her own sake and mental well-being.