Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    He did. After he saw her suicide in front of his eyes during 2nd timeline. NohrNeir explained it in this post

So Oscar had memories from 1st timeline and after Ines' suicide, he knew she'd have memories. He committed suicide to go after her, but 3rd timeline she ran away with the painter so he didn't meet her. After her next suicide, he committed suicide too, and regressed to 10 years old Oscar in 4th timeline. He did try to persuade her to marry him in 4th timeline, she refused and even trampled on his gift portrait.

Duke Valeztena hated him since his youth, so he'd try to set her up with anyone but him (like 1st timeline). 2nd timeline he groomed Ines to be his fiancee, so the duke cannot refuse his daughter's choice to be with Oscar.

Oscar is obsessed with Ines though, and he was very arrogant, thinking with his memories he's above everyone else. He only thinks that he'll try to make it up to Ines, he doesn't care how scared she is of him.

Creolenerd, Deskata, NohrNeir and 6 others like this.
  2. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Oscar isn't that stupid. He's just arrogant so it can get in the way of his plans.

As for trying to persuade Ines' father to let him marry his daughter, that can never happen because Ines' father dotes on his daughter a lot. He favors his daughter over his own son. He acts very strict with his son but spoils his daughter. Ines always had her own say in her marriage. In 1st timeline, Ines personally told her father that she doesn't want to marry the Crown Prince and so he set her up with Carcel. It helped that he does hate Oscar. In 2nd timeline, because Oscar has memories, he was able to groom Ines to love him so Ines wanted to marry him. Because Ines wanted to marry him, needless to say, her doting father cannot be against it and let it happen. The only thing he could do as someone against it is drag the marriage. Oscar himself had wanted to marry Ines at 13 when she is even easier to mold but because Leonel was in opposition he was only able to drag it to have Ines marry Oscar at 16... In 3rd timeline, because of the timing and the situation, no one can say Leonel was a bad father. His daughter was known to love Oscar the years prior and everyone in the empire knew about it, so when she ran away from her engagement right after her regression, he can only set to get his family and daughter forgiven by killing the lover she cheated on the Crown Prince with. (What a lot of manhwa readers failed to understand is that Ines knows of her own circumstance and agreed to the aftermath of Emiliano's death. She understand her role and family situation and status so she did agree to marry the Count afterwards as her father told her. The only reason she killed herself was because of Luca, not Emiliano, and she blames Luca's death on herself, not her family.) Oscar's plan to tear apart the siblings worked in 3rd timeline as he got Luciano to kill Emiliano. Before I digress, in 4th timeline, Carcel is able to marry Ines because Ines wanted it. No matter how much Leonel didn't like Carcel because of his promiscuity, if Ines wants it, it will end up happening.

Oscar can't persuade her father to do anything because Leonel is weak to his daughter. If Oscar wants Ines, he can only persuade Ines so he did try to persuade her in his youth, but she kept turning him down. As the manhwa skipped some parts of Ines' POV, they did missed all the parts where he did tried to persuade her. He sent her a painting portrait of himself as a gift to appeal to her. He even had a talk with her and tried to tell her with her status, she can marry him. It was at this gathering of young aristocractic children, where Ines made her decision on Carcel. She was only lightly mentioning she can marry Carcel too with her status. By seeing how upset Oscar was with Carcel, it pushed her more towards choosing him. And when she remunerated over the other choices, she found Carcel to be the best choice for her. Thus she set to tell her father she wanted to marry Carcel and doting father Leonel could only say yes. Luckily for him, his own daughter let the marriage dragged so they married late. He was hoping the engagement would just fall on its own by waiting so long but Carcel ended up rushing the marriage (due to Ines' manipulation to rush it).

Because there was no POV of Oscar's in the novel, we can only see his thought process through other people, but I can't say he's that stupid. He did know he had to persuade Ines, so he got what he wanted in 2nd timeline. It was just that he screwed himself over by treating her so badly that when they both regressed, she was able to run away based on her memories. Another thing is that, he knew Ines was hiding Emiliano in 4th timeline and had been keeping tabs of Emiliano. Ines didn't even know this and thought she had kept Emiliano safe from Oscar but she didn't. Had Ines tried to run away with Emiliano again as these Emiliano shippers had wanted, he would've killed Emiliano again. Luckily, Ines didn't want to meet Emiliano again and most of her residual feelings towards him were guilt and not love. Oscar also did knew there's a living illegitimate prince somewhere but this one, he was never able to find. Instead he's just wrapped in his own paranoia over it. His plan to kill Carcel in the background wasn't too horrible except Carcel is a strong, talented navy man so he can protect himself. Some plans worked for Oscar. He was able to get Carcel to go to war by using the engagement between Dolores and Miguel. It may have been set up by the empress but it was suggested by Oscar between his parents as he had got his father to send Carcel to war to show their loyalty to the imperial family. The empress was trying to solidify the Escalante's position with the imperial family by trying to marry Dolores and Miguel, but the Escalantes were against it. Carcel offered to go to war to prove Escalante's loyalty so his brother doesn't have to marry Dolores (but mainly because he got a sign 'ανιστήμι' (Anistemi - meaning arise) from Anastasio that he will succeed so he knew he would be able to gain military power and be able to protect him and Ines from the imperial family with that just like how they left his grandfather alone because his grandfather was that famed and loved by Ortega). Another plan of Oscar was to kill Juan to put Carcel in a weaker mental state in the middle of war but Ines was able to save Juan so this plan didn't work. Making a deal with Alicia was also part of his plan to have Ines because Ines married Carcel, she can't be his official wife. But he could still make Ines his official mistress but he needs an official wife for that he so made a deal with Alicia that she can be empress if she helps him get Ines. Alicia was fine with this arrangement until she finds out that Oscar only wanted an heir from Ines so Alicia knew her position as empress would be jeopardized if the future emperor isn't her own child, but Ines'. Oscar's arrogance and undermining Alicia just made him unable to foresee that Alicia could go against his wishes. Alicia is after all very obsessed and crazy for Oscar.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  3. Fate2doom

Fate2doom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. I'm new around here but I just want to said I am coming around to loving Ines and Carcel relationship. It's definitely not as black and white like it seen in the beginning. I'm glad I found more Ines and Carcel fans too. And love reading more insights into their relationship.

I have been trying to read the novel which is a little difficult with the online translation.

4. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely stick around here if you're our main otp shipper cuz almost everywhere else just crazy for emiliano.

If you want to read the novel you'll have to buy the raws

5. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The series have many fans. Most of us are just done with shippers of a pointless ship that we just ignore them on other social media. No point in entertaining them at all. Saves energy and mental health. Most of us regularly visit the thread or just quietly enjoy the manhwa without caring about what haters say. Do follow this thread if you wanna keep talking to fans. We talk about actual plot points here and share fun things about the story.

The series is also very popular in Korea. Wait till it release in Korea and there would be wave of new fans who love Carcel and Ines

6. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I see that the novel costs 6660 won. Is that per chapter or for all 8 volumes?

7. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Per volume

8. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes :cry:

9. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for more korean fanarts of ines and carcel :love: I want some smut fanarts too

If you're patient you cam read from free daily here

https://ridibooks.com/books/2236000472

10. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I started with the spoiler post on page 1. I read the summaries and spoiler posts first. Then I took a deep dive to read the novels. Usually I’m satisfied with summaries but this story got me hooked and then I took the plunge for the novels because of Carcel and Ines. The development is amazing from start to finish.

11. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely not black and white. Actually if you understood everything, you can tell even in the manhwa it's not black and white, but I think people tend to miss certain hints because they're already bias into hating Carcel and her family. Also the manhwa is withholding some facts that were already released early on in the novel. Not sure if it's for the purpose of shock value later on to make readers regret their dislike for certain characters but it was known early on in novel that Ines doesn't hate Carcel.

In this image from Ines' POV:
    [​IMG]
    Ines already knew Carcel was the one helping Emiliano escape as she had kept wondering why Carcel was there at that time.

Things like chapter 1 of the manhwa, was hinted to be Ines manipulation to try to get him to rush the marriage. Of course skipping her POVs, make manhwa readers feel Carcel is more horrible than he actually is. Even her telling Carcel she wasn't interested in him, is just a plan of hers to get him to marry her with reverse psychology and lowering his guard. But then manhwa readers think it's just Ines agreeing with their thoughts. As for his wet dream, that only gets revealed much later in the epilogue but the wet dream was a trigger that broke Carcel's brainwashing and set him on a chain of actions that acted against her plans so Ines started getting upset after that.

There's also that part in the manwha where she punched her brother and it showed it was Ines' wish to marry Oscar
    [​IMG]
    Manhwa readers may keep thinking her family chose her marriages but Ines actually did. Even with Carcel, she told her father she wanted to marry Carcel. Also people saying Ines' family is horrible but even in early 3rd timeline, I don't see how her relationship with her brother was horrible. They go hunting together and she was having a day just squishing her brother's face because he looks young again. You can see they're pretty close. People with bias views just ignore all these interactions and lines.

Even that time when Carcel made that promise of loyalty to Ines, many manhwa readers misread it as the whole conversation was towards their marriage and even prior to that and after that, he had always said he would stop his ways after marriage. It's only manhwa readers who chose not to believe him because of their own views on him, but Ines got angry at the promise, not because she doesn't trust him, so her view is clearly different from theirs. She believes him enough to be angry that he's straying from her plans. That goes to show Ines does trust him.

Many also mentioned Carcel only started to fall for her just because she said she's not interested in him, but that's also far from it. When she mentioned her disinterest, it just set of his wet dream which then triggered him into not being able to have an erection for any other women besides Ines so that caused him to rush his marriage with Ines. His interest in her and like towards her had already happened when they were young. Just from the panels of their interactions as kids, he was shy and blushed around her a lot. There was even a panel in the manhwa where he looked back at her and she didn't even looked back at him (a hint manhwa readers wouldn't get unless they know the story further on because Carcel's mother and father knew and told Ines how their son always look at her and she never paid attention to him).
    [​IMG]

I could probably even try to bring up a lot more but that's too much.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  12. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you:blobReach:

PattyCakes likes this.
  13. Fate2doom

Fate2doom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really think the manhwa really tell a different story. I was like that in the beginning then I read more spoilers and you guys insights. It really show a whole new picture.

14. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the initial tunnel vision view and all the ads for the manhwa. Novel got a lot of korean fans and even ml was considered one of top ml on ridi so he just misunderstood by manhwa readers.

15. lillac_rosies

lillac_rosies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s been an ongoing misconception that her family has always forced her to marry the crown prince. Also, there were new readers asking for spoilers about the family or her marriage/engagement with the crown prince. A lot of people who only read the manhwa always say “Her family forced her” and put most of the blame on her family for the suffering she went through. It’s funny how the crown prince or her mom were rarely talked bad about, but it’s always Carcel, her dad and brother who gets all the hate from the manhwa readers and like they said “the reason why Ines suffered”.

16. solaria_

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously at this point just let them be. It would be funny seeing dumb look on their face when the story prove them wrong. Half of them have created their own horrible scenarios. Some of these even do this for attention and some online clout. Ignore them like a bad habit. It is also being very selective, I wonder can we even call these people reader? A reader has open mind and wait for plot to unfold.

Her life with Oscar was a nightmare. Like complete horrifying experience yet she mamaged to stay sane and hold in her emotions. None of these reader can survive 1% what Ines went through. Oscar should be the main subject of hate.

The whole cheating aspect is too childish. They are holding a grudge for something FL doesn't give shit about. She literally wanted him to do it for her plan to succeed. If he didn't do it who knows what other steps she had taken. I have no clue why some ppl think forced relationship means lifelong loyality. And many people also can't understand how child manipulation works. I've seen stories where child is so manipulated that he will come to believe that his abuser care for him. Carcel is also a child when Ines planted the idea he hated her.

They are seeing everything as too black and white. They don't even realize that their empire is open about sex. Even the emperor and empress are in open marriage. They believe Emiliano is a complete virginal perfection for Ines when it isn't that way. They barely know him and just putting their own likes on Ines. Emiliano was an adult and Ines was 16 when they married, he was also aware that she is CPs fiance but in dumbness of youth still ran away. They believe that she should be with him cuz they had baby. But no one considers that she is the one who had to kill the baby, how can she even face him? Plus she also had babies with Carcel in 1st timeline that she lost. It is the problem of some readers they think FL should be with the guy whom she had a kid with (like Emiliano). Just for this I've seen many author ending up FL with abusive ex. Gawd some of these readers are narrow minded.

The thing with her brother and father is also explained but let them write their own imaginery fanfiction. While we fan enjoy the original work :blobpopcorn_cool:

Some of these kids on social media are like virus just keeps spreading its toxicity. They also believe that screaming on social media will get them anything. Thank goodness, artist loves the novel and k author care more for their korean fans anyway.

17. lillac_rosies

lillac_rosies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe I’m happy that the artist is a huge fan of Ines and Carcel. Now that I’ve read all the spoilers and discussions I can’t wait for those people who kept on complaining and wanting the ML to be changed to look stupid once the manhwa catches up to the novel. Some even want the manhwa to not follow the novel, but we know that the artist will definitely follow through the novel even if they have to change some things around:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

18. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Not follow the novel. Then what would even be the point to hijack the novel author’s story. I just hope that parasitical part of the reader base give up and drop the story. They aren’t even supporting the author’s work anyway. They don’t have a right to demand the manhwa artist change the story for their ship. What’s the use changing an excellent male lead for anything less? I’m not sure why they’re holding on like this. I hope the next chapter crushes their hope completely.

@solaria_ , they’re so hilarious because out of all of Ines’s babies that lived, even for a short time, five of them were Carcel’s babies.

19. solaria_

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the fanfiction sites are free. They should write and post over there. Why do novel readers have to suffer for their short lived fantasy. Plus want a new story move to new manhwa :blobjoy:

It is really weird some of these readers even refuse to evolve and accept new type of plot and engaging story. I'd honestly cry if I see another villainess/isekai/regression manhwa with OP MC with revenge plot and forming harem on the way. Most of those stories have become overrated and boring. Even the ML's only existence in those series is to worship MC. There is no conflict at all.

20. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen any fanfiction of this manhwa yet, should I give them a clue? :blobjoy:

NohrNeir, PattyCakes and solaria_ like this.