Spoiler I didn't save you to propose/청혼하라고 구해준 건 아니었는데

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vdv027, Apr 18, 2021.

1. iammaimai

iammaimai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeahhh I like this kind of misunderstanding too lol it is sooo funny
    MC: I want to leave this place and never come back. I know it will be hard to forget (she means it is hard to forget the live in the hell palace and the bad treatment she got from the servants)
    Mc’s friends: oh nooo poor Elsia. She cannot forget the prince. Her love is so pure.

Oh my

2. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It helps that the ML isn't obnoxious or arrogant with his wild love assumptions. He's just a bit of a dumb a** when it comes to love and his friends with more experience are dumb as well. Everyone really lives up to being a person born into a low quality romance novel world.

Anyone know how her trip to get her body checked out by the magic tower lord went or even if she went?

3. WizOfTime

WizOfTime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She went. The magic tower lord (a female magic tower lord, kinda interesting to note. don't see female magic tower lords often) checked her body and immediately found out that she wasn't from their world, that she was reincarnated/soul transported/whatever. She also determined that the original owner of the body used Black Magic to get the MC there in order to not only save the Prince but ALSO to "make her pretty" which explains why MC is becoming more and more beautiful.

Black Magic, as it turns out, has a deadly price (shocker). MC's body is now trying to get destroyed by it, and MC, in turn, has to start learning Divine Magic from Niel in order to fight back against that. If she stops, she will get overwhelmed by it and turn into a monster. Divine Magic, btw, is described as being as effective at healing as modern medicine. So, pretty great by medieval standards, but not super powerful.

Niel agrees to teach her because he's interested in Divine Magic and also keeps a journal to keep track of any changes if she starts becoming a monster. He was excited about that. Zero empathy, this guy.

Lots of misunderstandings about thinking the MC likes Niel arise as a result, the FL lead thinking the ML sticks around her because he wants to kill her if she becomes a monster and not out of love, a few others. It's pretty well written and not in a way that would annoy you. Pretty funny and cute.

4. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I read up until ch 47 and I don’t even understand the misunderstanding Elsia has about Ixion wanting to kill her or indiscriminately killing anything that has to do w/ monsters or black magic. For anyone who hasn’t read:

****Idk if I’m repeating some of the info that’s already been written in this thread so I’ll try and make it brief
    After Elsia (MC) escaped her confinement from the palace, the marchioness adopted her into her family as thanks for preventing the downfall of the Marquis family (for Ixion’s bday, marchioness who is a mother figure to Ixion, sends him gifts and some spy from Artise smuggled in a tactical book that will automatically kill the first person who opens it, Elsia points out the book before it is opened, saving Ixion (ML) from his death) and brought her over to the marquis territory outside of the capital. She gets acquainted w/ the marquis family and meets stepbrother Niel who is a talented wizard from the magic tower and observes her unique flow of mana when she practices yoga. During her time there, Elsia receives Ixion’s proposal, which she turns down, and an invite to a banquet/ball held at some random Count’s place. She goes w/ Niel to the banquet/ball and meets Ixion, who came running over to ask why she turned down his proposal. They talk and Elsia said she loveD him (past tense) and leaves him dumbfounded.
    Niel and Elsia is still at the banquet and Niel starts trying to convince her to visit the magic tower to find out more about her unique flow of mana. Ixion and Aiden (Ixion’s aide) overheard them wanting to go to the magic tower at night and they try to talk her out of it b/c Niel is a player who has f**ked married women and likes to bring girls to the tower to woo them. Elsia is unaware that Niel’s reputation is that bad and doesn’t know Ixion and Aiden thinks that Niel is trying to hit on his own stepsister. She’s like whatever and goes to the magic tower. The master of the magic tower reveals that Elsia is slowly turning into a monster due to OG Elsia’s will - 1) to save Prince Ixion from his early death and 2) to lose weight and look beautiful - requiring liberal use of black magic (that already runs in Artise’s royal family bloodline). To slow down the transformation, the temporary solution is to learn divine magic and use it at every opportunity.
    Meanwhile, Ixion is panicking and decides to plan for a monster subjugation party at the marquis’s territory, hoping to spend time w/ Elsia and convince her to get engaged to him and keep her away from Niel. Ixion and Elsa + Niel meet again, Elsia offers to join the subjugation as a healer for the knights to practice using divine magic. Ixion uses every chance he gets to hang around her while at the marquis’s territory: he takes her horseback riding, asks her what her ideal man is, what she likes / hobbies / interests, talks to her at dinner, etc. Elsia has this big misunderstanding that Ixion is trying to get close to her to find out more about Artise royal family’s use of black magic and keeps an emotional distance from him. She also assumes that b/c he is mostly responsible for monster subjugation hunts, he will kill anything to do w/ monsters so her death once her transformation is completed is inevitable. Elsia tells Niel to kill her and give her a painless death b/c she believes Ixion will ruthlessly kill her w/o hesitation.
    Ixion and Elsia goes horseback riding out further into monster infested territory to briefly stop by at a lake and plan to leave before they run into any monsters. Ixion asks Elsia why she doesn’t love him anymore and declares he will try hard to win her back. A group of monsters shows up and they overpower Ixion. He decides that the only way to protect her is to give up fighting and shield her; he makes eye contact w/ this monster who teleports them to their nest that’s sort of in a different dimension?/space?. The only way into the nest is through eye contact w/ the monster and once you exit the nest, you can’t re-enter through the exit. Ixion thinks that if they’re both going to die, he would rather sacrifice himself and distract them so Elsia can escape the nest. He starts fighting them only for Elsia to push him out of the nest, effectively trapping herself. Ixion is going crazy at the exit and tries to get back in. The knights discover him but w/ no way to re-enter the nest, they deem saving Elsia a lost cause.

Ixion loses his mind for the next 3 wks after her disappearance - he can’t sleep and uses every waking moment killing monsters and making eye contact w/ them in hopes of being teleported to the same nest Elsia is in. He singlehandedly destroys many nests in the process but is unable to locate Elsia. However, Elsia has not been attacked while in the nest. The monsters think she is one of them so she has the freedom to do w/e she wants w/o the threat of dying and finds a way to get out of the nest. She finally leaves and Ixion + knights finds her and takes her back to the marchioness.
    while she was in the nest, she got attached to this small, cute monster and discovers she is able to purify the monster into a regular animal. When she came out of the nest, the creature follows her out, surprising Ixion + the knights that she has the ability of purification. There’s scarce info on divine & black magic or existence of god & saints, the fact that Elsa can purify is unheard of and the marchioness (or someone) contacts a traveling monk who can allegedly confirm that she is a saint (he can’t, he’s a fraud). The monk shows up and tries to “prove” that she’s a saint through a ritual where he starts doing yoga poses from MC’s old world. MC understandably freaks out b/c there’s no way he knows these specific yoga poses. She’s unable to get any info from the monk and drops the subject.

Elsia’s reputation is experiencing a high and the knights + commoners speculate that marchioness adopted her and Ixion proposed to her b/c she’s a hidden saintess. Ixion tries to spend time w/ her again but he receives a summons from the emperor to go back to the capital. Elsia also needs to go to the capital to find out more info on divine power and she plans to ask Ixion to gain entry to Palace’s library.

Ixion, Aiden, & knights thinks chances of convincing Elsia to marry Ixion are running out and plans a confession event for Ixion to ask Elsia to come w/ him to the capital

So that’s most of what’s been happening and now my complaint about how Elsia is written starts here:
    More details about ML: Ixion is a mascot for war and monster subjugation but he’s not reputed for being ruthless and indiscriminately killing anyone under suspicion for something w/o thorough investigation. There's little info on his character & personality in the original story b/c he died early. The general info about him is he’s 3rd or 4th prince w/ little power compared to CP + his faction; his mom was a commoner maid w/ no backing so when she died he had to find a way to survive by himself. He was adept at the sword and gained power through leading monster subjugation hunts and winning wars. Ixion doesn't have much time for political battles in the palace b/c he’s so busy w/ hunts and wars.

My frustration w/ MC: Idk why MC keeps assuming things about him when she has little background information on him and at this point in the story, she has spent enough time working as a healer w/ him and the knights to understand that he’s not a savage war machine. It’s just one assumption after another and there’s virtually no communication; she tries to fish for his opinions by bringing up topics unrelated to her concerns (talks to him about monsters but never asked how he would feel about humans possibly turning into monsters, keeps thinking him killing monsters = her death once she turns into a monster) and will warp whatever he says to fit her conclusion that he will kill her w/ no hesitation.

Ixion is genuinely trying to get to know her and appeal to her, even making it clear that he’s not someone who can talk well w/ women b/c he’s spent most of his life on the battlefield but he wants to try his best w/ her. He’s actually more transparent about his feelings to her and it’s glaringly obvious to everyone that he likes her. Elsia is like nah he totally just wants to keep an eye on me!! All of this is an act!!! Lies!!!!
    Dude, chill Elsia. I have reread the story 3 times starting from ch1-47 and I can’t find any context clues that would indicate Ixion being a bloodthirsty b**tard. She was held fugitive in the palace at the start of the story b/c of a negotiation between empire w/ Artise royal family but Ixion never threatened her or risked her safety during her years of stay there. When she advised him on how to win the war, she made him promise her freedom from the palace and to kill her brother so he can’t harm her anymore; he honored her wishes and did what was promised. They had pretty civil, neutral interactions when he wasn’t interested in her and he treated her well despite the rest of the noble society fat shaming her. He even wanted to marry her b/c he’s grateful for her contribution to ending the war and he thinks she’s a decent person so he thinks it would be nice to be w/ her for life, going as far to plan to give up his candidacy for the throne.

The times where she would assume he will kill her is when he comes back covered w/ monster blood and that’s just it. There’s no gossip from the capital or among the knights that he’s an impulsive, sadistic a-hole. Ixion is known for being aloof in noble society but also for being a good superior and treating the knights well. The knights are very loyal to him and have a high opinion of him. Aiden and the marchioness are on good terms w/ Ixion and the text never mentions them feeling like he will kill them at any point in time if they say something that might offend him like the ML in “The Villainess needs a tyrant”. Ixion is dense and keeps asking Aiden & Marchioness for advice on wooing Elsia. He’s just so helpless yet it’s sweet he’s putting a lot of effort into communicating w/ her and trying to let her know he’s interested in her.

Elsia is really bad at communication. She wanted financial support once she was released from the palace but didn’t really make that clear in her conditions when she was talking to Ixion. And though she might not know about his full plans on wanting to commit to her for life at the cost of the throne, she should know that he cares for her since he talks to her all the time. There's no tragic backstory from her first life that would make her have trust issues to make her so pessimistic and idk how she can be successful in fully communicating her plans to the 2 Duke houses who help her get out from the palace, but author will write her saying 1/3-1/2 of her thoughts when speaking to Ixion. I just don’t find her character convincing and it’s kind of an insult to write a woman to be this emotionally stupid.

Excuse me if I sound bitter, I’m just tired from:
    1) The young lady i served became a young master
    2) I’ll become the tyrant’s tutor
    3) I raised my childhood friend as a tyrant
    4) My sister picked up the male lead.

All the MCs in there are like “he totally doesn’t like me despite these obvious acts that shows he likes me”. It’s one thing to be hesitant b/c shy but it’s just another thing to cling to the belief that someone is something they are not (Ixion will kill me, Ixion only wants to marry me out of obligation b/c I saved and helped him - even though he shows signs he fell in love w/ her for real), especially if you’ve spent time w/ them and got to know them on a personal level. MCs are not obligated to return ML’s affections but it’s disrespectful to the MLs when the MCs keeps pushing this image they have of them onto them despite ML’s many attempts to communicate or be transparent w/ them.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the current translated chapter their misunderstanding became annoying instead of being comic, but the author added the wizard-brother aka the 2nd ML who is always confirming MC’s fears and stupid ideas, so there’s a bit of justification of her emotional blindness, though obviously MC’s denseness is overused.

6. luminousflames

luminousflames Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have spoilers beyond chapter 54? The translator has dropped the project.

7. Hoouuujae60

Hoouuujae60 No One from Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    Same cover artist as "she's not our daughter"

Me: hmmm :hmm:
    Also me: artist seems to have a thing for misunderstandings...:blobamused:

8. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this dropped?

9. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a pleasant misunderstanding. Btw I'm guessing if ML will worry about FL's adoptive brother's blue hair:blobpopcorn_cool:

twilight_123, torte1315 and Malacat like this.
  10. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give a spoiler abt FL power? Was it really black magic in the end? And is fl's little brother a saint? Pls give me a spoiler abt the gods in their world.

11. 0mimi0

0mimi0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Edited:The release on August 18

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  12. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Mclubbe

Mclubbe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler :blobsmilehappyeyes:

14. Shion Lee

Shion Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the novel dropped??

15. Nergal777

Nergal777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hasta el traductor borro los capitulos

16. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her weight issue seems so realistic to me. I know a lot of people complain when ever the MC is fat and is trying to get thin. But in this case she is super cute fat right! I thought the artist drew her to look so cute cubby! And the only person who is determined that she needs to loose weight is herself. Everyone around her that matters sees her for her cute self. Even the prince decided to marry the cubby her. Had all the plans worked out before knowing she was even trying to loose weight. Just believing she loved him and he could make her happy was all he needed to plan a life with her. That makes him super cute to!

So doesn't it seem like the only person who is overly concerned about her weight is herself! How realistic! Isn't that how all us chubby girls are! The ones that love us, like us with curves, want us to be healthy, happy, and hate how down we get on ourselves for not measuring up to unrealistic expectations! The only thing better was I'll save this damn family. Feeling the process of her loosing the weight was so heavy, so honest! This one skips that. You just watch her get thinner episode by episode.

17. shiory

shiory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please
    :blobcozy:

18. MariaAthenaKYu

MariaAthenaKYu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil us regarding how the misunderstandings would be resolved and how would the prince know about our MCs black magic prob?

shiory likes this.
  19. ThisNThat

ThisNThat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You get up to ch 63 at another site
    The misunderstand is half resolved at this point...

Sadly, he pretty much tells her he knows black magic is a concern for her but he never revealed her family's connection to black magic. Yet he really doesn't know the details of her concerns... She knows because He directly tells her he loves her

Sadly I have been unable to find additional chapters since March 2022

20. Chaosnumber8

Chaosnumber8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 2023 and there haven't been no more new spoilers.... :blobsob: