Discussion Do you read spoilers?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Deleted member 476616, Sep 8, 2022.

1. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Extra is still an enjoyable read regardless.

But, yeah. This is also the reason why reading spoiler is a no no, since it will affect your judgement.

2. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, because I prefer to know if the stories were actually worth to read or not. I remember reading 100-200 chapters and then only to find the story are repetitive, boring and lack of chara development. With that time, I rather read other better novel

3. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason I look up spoilers is to know whether or not I should finish the story, or drop it. I'm not wasting my time, and getting super invested in a world and its characters if the ending is everybody gets fucked. As for losing motivation because I already know the ending. That has happened but very rarely, and only for specific types of stories. Most of the time I'm reading the story for the journey, just because I know how that journey will ultimately conclude doesn't take anything away from that experience. Rather it removes that annoying sense of foreboding and dread that comes from not knowing.

4. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wait I got memes for this

[​IMG]
    usually happens when I am not that interested in a novel but still want to know what happens

[​IMG]
    and when I am VERY interested in a novel this happens

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I read spoilers for novels that I don't intend to start or see through to the end

6. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was halfway through season 3 of Game of Thrones when I read a spoiler about the red wedding. Then I couldn't help but read spoilers about the whole series and lost the motivation to keep watching afterwards.

7. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  8. ryzesalvatore

ryzesalvatore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely not. For me personally, plot/story is the most important thing. That's why I don't read a novel when I have read the manga or watched the anime, and why I don't watch the anime where I have read the novel. It's also why I don't re-read a novel or re-watch a movie. I already know the story and how it ends. This makes spoilers my nemesis.

Yep, and not just sometimes, but every single time! Depending on the severity of the spoiler, I might drop the novel right away.

Having said all that though, I don't hate those who share spoilers. I know there are many people out there unlike me that actually love spoilers, but please, gives a warning ahead. Not everyone is like you. If the platform doesn't have spoiler feature where you can blur text, you can write a warning at the very top, place some empty lines, then put your spoiler at the end.

If you already did that, thank you so much! You have no idea how it saves us a lot of trouble.

9. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read spoilers if I just want to know how the story goes but not inclined to put the effort to actually read it or wait for the translation to finish. I also read spoilers if the story just has dropped and there are no signs of it being picked up/being MTLed to give myself closure.

Other than that, I have this love-hate relationship when I reaaaaaalllllyy like a story - sometimes the spoiler gets me really excited; other times I feel depressed that I wasn’t able to enjoy the development to its fullest especially if it’s like a major plot twist or something important gets revealed. I do try to stop myself but sometimes I just can’t help searching for them sometimes...

But some little spoilers can also be useful when something about the story really irks you and how it develops makes or breaks whether you want to continue reading. For example, whether the horrible love interest gets development, is there going to be a love triangle, how long will this relationship misunderstanding go on for, this story is so boring when does the action start, etc. They really let you save time in dropping the story earlier on and reading something else, or just giving you that extra reassurance that it’s just a little bit more that I have to wait to get to the best part.

10. Quackome

Quackome Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers a my way to go for things I'm too lazy to read or when I'm too impatient

ryzesalvatore likes this.
  11. Novel Monster

Novel Monster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read spoilers for precaution. I'm out of there if the story ends up with a harem ending. Another thing is I can't seem to contain my curiosity. Yes, it's certainly harder to find novels, mangas or animes that I can finish but I'm in the team of "Gain, No Pain"

12. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the spoilers when I start to read the novel to learn about it and so I could forget about the spoiler.

13. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    Before, no. *thinks* But I do read the ending first before the first part ヽ(`⌒´)ノ weirdo HAHA.
    Now, I do read it ah. Specially for angsty ones. I wanna know if I can take it ah. My poor heartu ..

14. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It saves me time. Especially with some dog blood female MC novels. I want to know if the plot goes to shit eventually, so I don't invest my time and emotions in it. And if the ML is unlikable, I immediately peace out and try the next novel.

15. XynoDyno

XynoDyno New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually read spoilers when I want to quick analysis on what happens in the future of the story because I'm running out of time.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  16. youmee

youmee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't, it makes me lost interest to the story I'm reading or about to read, you know?? Like, you are robbed with the thrill you are supposed to feel which makes you lost the pleasure to continue to read the story. Like, I don't bother for a story being a BE or HE, what matters to me is if I can enjoy the story I'm reading, if it makes me feel an emotion I wanted to feel at the moment.

17. why.

why. ✪WHY SUPREMACY✪|❄ [orangeLover]❄

Reading List:
    Link
    no ill still read