Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching some videos few days ago that were talking about how every CW show started off good but eventually fail. To no one's surprise half of them butchered the story for the sake of ships :blobjoy: The first seasons would be good but eventually the show would become about a particular ship and their romance while the plotline goes down the drain even the character in ship becomes annoying. This is all due to very loud young audience on the twitter or other places crying about ships and wanting to see good looking people date. They don't care about the story just romance like imagine you start an action show then one day it just a sappy romance about an annoying couple.
    I have no problem with healthy shipping but the toxic one is the worst especially those that take over the social media and plagues the series. Worst thing about toxic shippers is that they get so hostile when other refuse to accept their ship. Why even insult an actual person over fictional people that don't exist.

I am sure some of them are out there writing it but seems most actually want author to write it for them. Someone should bring them back to reality

2. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    That's funny because it's the mother who Ines hates and will never forgive but she's the least hated of the family by these readers. Ines always knew her own position and always had a say. The only reason the 3rd timeline was different is because of the circumstance behind it. If you were the people, everyone else would've called her a cheater for running away with another man. The readers are no different from the people here when they called Carcel a cheater because they don't know the story behind Carcel and Ines just as the people of Ortega don't know what Ines experienced with Oscar.

The author gave it the english title 'Broken Ring' because of the broken fate and cycle between Ines and Carcel and to fix it they will end up together. I'm sure the main points of the plot will never change. It's written so connectively that it would do the author and artist injustice if anyone wants to go against it. Just Chapter 0 of the manhwa already showed there's more to Carcel.

It's already popular in Korea so there is no reason why they should cater the story to foreign "fans" who are not even paying.

3. solaria_

Reading List:
    Link
    It is perfect as it is. Also if I wrote a 600 chapter long novel with all my love and passion for my main characters and see a bunch of 12 year old girl on twitter was crying to change the story, I'd just happily ignore them cuz it is plain disrespectful. Most of them are reading illegal or just following the rumors.

4. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I witnessed this about three times. I don’t watch American tv anymore. I watch Korean and Chinese drama shows thanks to Viki, Kocowa, and Netflix. However, I believe the most recent victim I saw for a bit in Season 1 and heard about after I dropped the show, is Arrow, the Marvel comic book character. He’s canonically married to another female comic hero and ends up instead with a computer geek for shipping reasons. It makes me laugh how even comic book canon can be destroyed so completely for shippers. Thank god I don’t waste my money on Western entertainment anymore. I also don’t read Western stories anymore except Classical literature. At least I know the author’s story was the author’s intention.

I said before that I don’t think I have seen any manhwa so talked about because of ships. The funny thing about this is that the couple is the title. There is no way around it. Altering the story would undermine and defeat the premise or point the author is trying to make. The couple’s fate was broken. It’s the foundation of her tragedies after Oscar actively interfered using his regression memories. He’s hound her to death ever since and only one person broke that cycle when Ines pointed at him. That changed everything for her. She even eventually began living like a human being again instead of desiring death. This story tells that journey.

5. solaria_

Reading List:
    Link
    I witnessed this whole shit going down :blobjoy: The girl who should be his love interest was boring and he had better interactions with geek girl but most of it came of as some sort of friendship dynamics cuz these 2 honestly never learned anything about each other and then suddenly they are dating. The show got so horrible, the geek girl was once a loved character became most disliked character and the original love interest got better storyline. The show wasn't about Arrow anymore. Also fun fact, the Arrow himself is a cheater and player but he got not hate for those things at all when show started.

Some of these cry we want best for Ines. Then dude respect Ines and her plan. I think at some level it is not just about them wanting to see her with Emiliano, it is about their own pride. They have made so many pointless claims online that they think they can order around the actual author to change the story at their whim. They think the author who loves Carcel and Ines so much would suddenly make Carcel a jerk, and Emiliano x Ines canon just so they can say "we were right". God these people need some break from internet. I wish they would put this type of effort on manhwas with actual terrible male leads.

6. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know much about the original comic book couple but back then fans of the comic book, male and female, showed excerpts of the couple from the comic books on Tunblr and they had good chemistry. Either the CW show chose the wrong actors or wrote the characters terribly. I am always against adapters changing the canon to this extent. However, I’m not a comic book fan so I didn’t give a damn but it was truly something to see the show creators destroy the canon spectacularly. It was so notorious that a lot of fans of The Flash hate the geek girl and Arrow and they didn’t want the writers of Arrow anywhere near The Flash lest they try to destroy their canon OTP too. Needless to say, one thing I know about American shows is that couples don’t last. I don’t waste my time and money on their entertainment. I had enough of their trash.
    I won’t be surprised if they turn on Ines when she starts to get along better with Carcel. They will probably accuse her of using their guy and therefore she didn’t deserve him. This is classic shipper evolution. I’m hoping they go away sooner rather than later. This is why I want next chapter to highlight that Ines slept with Carcel all night and even climbed on him. :LOL: That confirms she was an active participant. Artist better not leave this out.

7. Deleted member 275719

Deleted member 275719 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Here again because of the next webtoon chapter! I'm so excited. I really wish we'll get more of their intimacy, like what we had in the novel. Their first night together is actually one of my favorite parts!! Ugh.

Also, I found out that many (foreign/other) readers wants Emiliano to be ML. I'm genuinely shocked by this btw. Cárcel is so loved by the Kr fandom anyway and from what I know, the artist loves the main couple and the story as it is so I highly believe that what they're wishing for is impossible. Anyways, no matter what they say, Cárcel is perfect for Inès.

I'm looking forward to all the amazing scenes from the novel to be adapted. Inés and Cárcel really climbed up to be one of my favorite webtoon/novel couples out there!! ❤️

8. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What author who love Carcel so much enough to put the artist fanart on her banner on her blog would change ml for these readers :D and what artist who love the couple so much to only draw them as couple would go against that. It not like artist didnt like the story or ship and would change it

Foreign readers dont know the whole story or getting some fake or limited spoilers so they think Emiliano best for her. I want more intimate fluffy scene for Ines and Carcel so our goggling can be louder than their ship :ROFLMAO:

9. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    You're the first person I know who said their wedding night is one of their favorite parts. :blob_grin:

Well, we know Carcel is perfect for Ines. They just feel very comfortable with each other and I love all their little interactions. Their thoughts towards each other are also funny. When Ines thought Carcel is a lonely, awkward guy because he plays games with the wall and started to worry about his social skills. :blobrofl: When she heard from the other wives that Carcel got their house on the hill for her right before their marriage. In the mornings when he feeds her and eventually Ines gets so used to it that they both just have breakfast naked in the mornings without a care. Even the little things such as how they call each other, Carcel calling Ines by her unmarried last name when he's excited or upset, or when Ines calls him Escalante when she's upset. There's just so many little things to their character, even how Ines greets him when he comes home, to how Carcel always ask about her when he comes home and she's not greeting him. It had became a habit that even when Ines went to Mendoza, he did the same thing and he felt stupid remembering she's not there. :blobsmilehappy: And then he writes about it to her in his letters.

10. lillac_rosies

lillac_rosies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_blush::blob_blush:
    That’s what they always say too!! “I just want the best person for Ines”, but they want her to be with a guy who isn’t even the one for her.

When I first heard about this story, so many people said it will be verrry sad. I mean yea, it does definitely have that angst, but moments like you mentioned makes me forget about the story being all sad and depressing, but instead actually really fluffy and ofc R18:blobbunny:

11. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    The sadness is largely confined to the past two lives she lived and her memories of them. Carcel has nothing to do with the unhappiness of either of those lives. And, when those two lives interfere with her current life, he’s the one there to support her and restore the happiness of her current life. He does it so well too as he’s often appreciated in Ines’s thoughts. That is why she began to be afraid of the first timeline memories. Nevertheless, one thing she learned from all the lives is that Carcel always puts her happiness first. He always loved her and he always believed in her. That’s a pretty stable and reliable foundation for her. She understands many times in those memories and he even values her more than his precious keepsakes and more than he values himself.

12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone came in before saying it's only filled with angst, misery and tragedy and I'm here wondering did they even read all the spoilers? Are we reading the same thing? There are so many fluffy, sweet, funny moments. Even the part when Carcel is leaving for war soon, there were some funny moments with Ines pretending to cry and making the painters paint her with tears even though she didn't actually cry. :blobsweat: And Carcel who saw the painting later on board, distinctly remembered she didn't cry when they parted in Mendoza but didn't care because he loved the painting of her anyway.

As @Celebrianna said the angst is only mostly confined in the past two lives and they're only in flashbacks. Most of the story is in current timeline. I'm not sure how they view the plot as angst when they think a few chapters of Ines' backstory makes for the totality of the plot when it doesn't. Did they somehow missed Carcel's very expressive lighthearted feels? Or maybe even the bickering the two had going on? The relationship between them didn't even feel like angst. Ines might've gotten mad at him but it doesn't seem she hates him or think that he's mistreating her. She let him carry her to bed and even during the wedding she had a cordial relationship with him.

13. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    I cry more for Ines' character development than her sad past so angst not a big deal ;) Past there to help her tackle thru them. She dream about them to get a better view not to feel sad over them.

Yeah Ines never had bad relationship with Carcel in 2nd or 3rd life. They were close hunting buddies in 2nd and even trust him enough to have him be the only one she opened to admit she being raped. In 3rd Carcel tried to help Emiliano escape and Ines told Carcel that it looks like her child likes Carcel.

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    The only times I cry is for things that occur in the current timeline. Most of the times it’s related to Carcel’s and Ines’s conversations and/or actions. Surprisingly, a lot of times, tears fall from my eyes before I’m even aware of them. With the other terrible stuff from her past, I just think they’re terrible. Like I often wonder how she even endured such a disgusting life with Oscar. One of the most moving scenes from the past for me is when poor Luciano was saying things contrary to his will. That’s when he was unwillingly advising his sister about her relationship with scumbag when he found out the truth about the way the scumbag was treating his sister. Or, the time when scumbag was raping his sister and invited him to hear it. I feel especial rage when I see the humiliation and awfulness these two siblings were faced with. Then when she told Carcel how Oscar would rape her all night if she or he even so much as interact or glance at each other. My only solace is that Luciano tortured this scumbag to death in the most painful way. I don’t feel even a bit turned off by the way Luciano dismembered his limbs day by day. He deserves every bit of pain. Then he has the audacity to tell Ines, in this current timeline, to come back to him because he’s running out of patience? Sometimes I honestly wish that his end would have been Luciano and Carcel taking turns to riddle him with bullets. Maybe shoot off a limb each, fetch a doctor and continue his torture. Nevertheless, the crowd trampling him to death and slashing him with their tools is good too. There was hardly anything left for his mother to see. A befitting ending for a truly evil seed.
    And in the end, he’s the only one she confided in about her past. She told him about the way Oscar trampled on her, oppressed her and destroyed her. She was also going to tell him about her past in the previous timeline but Carcel beat her to the punch and she realized he already knew. After all that, now he’s a person she can tell anything about her past like that time she told him how she cried when Luciano went to the academy or something and didn’t wake her up to say goodbye. That was from a different timeline but she acknowledges that now she can openly speak to Carcel about such times because he’s the only person who knows of her memories. She doesn’t have to be on guard about those precious memories anymore. Like, maybe she even told Carcel about what her horse, Alejandro, meant to her especially since she will bring the horse to the island where they’ll live.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  15. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got approvedddddddddd:blobparty::blobparty:

@NohrNeir hey, will I be able to access your translations if I try to unlock free chapters daily or do I have to purchase the chapters?

lowhighlow and NohrNeir like this.
  16. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah totally. Past just makes ppl mad more than sad cuz Oscar so ugh. Cant even put into words how much I hate him. Ppl should be hating him not Carcel and her father or brother. Theyre wasting there energy hating on the wrong person who rly made her suffer. Carcel didnt even made her suffer at all and her father and brother she dont blame them so dont think she would think they made her suffer

She just trust him :cry:

17. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
  18. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 15th now. Are we starting the countdown yet? :blobjoy:

19. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Had started countdown since the last chapter was released. :blobsweat_2:

Should we predict if we can see their morning or it'll end at the end of the wedding night chapter? I personally think it'll end at the end of the wedding night, but I do want to rush to Calztela already. :blob_teary:

Already imagining Ines' face stuck in Carcel's lap sleeping while heading to Calztela. (Hoping he doesn't have a boner while that happens. :blobjoy:)

20. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    5 more days!

Start countdown to Ines sleeping on way to Calztela on Carcel's boner? 15 days? 25 days? :cry:

NohrNeir, lowhighlow, Tishes and 2 others like this.