Spoiler I Failed to Divorce My Husband

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by fireflying, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RIGHT, I feel like if they met ogfl first they would've fallen in love with her. But they met the transmigrated FL instead. Whereas villainous ML's love the FL and only FL.

2. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really had the same thought :blobjoy: The webtoom art is pretty compared to cover

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  3. laliliths

laliliths Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lolol thats what i noticed too! its a good thing i continue reading the chapters because i almost avoided this because of the cover:censored:

4. JustATalkingOwl

JustATalkingOwl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I have no idea since when I hated the word "amnesia" lol.

5. Smile_for_me

Smile_for_me Isekai enthusiast/ knovel lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Really though the webtoon itself looks really nice why does the cover look so abominable? I was about to skip this one just from the cover :facepalm:

6. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another explaination to this logic would be:

It is a Fantasy Romance Isekai Genre for an audience who likes to 'self-insert' into the transmigrated MC/FL from the Mordern World (South Korea/Japan etc.). Unlike Bella Swan in Twillight whose Blandness is so intense that she will attracts all kinds of mythological hot male creatures, the transmigrated FL (from Korea) has an aspiring Girlboss attitude where she can easily impress & becomes good enough for the silly predictable Aristocratic Royal MLs.
    The bryonic/problematic ML (Prince/Archduke/Tyrant/Wizard/Cursed Half-God) only exists to be 'saved'/reformed by and becomes very possessesive of/devoted to the reincarnated NLOG FL (who has the advantage of knowing almost everything about her ML) because the narrative says she deserves to become his wife, bearing his children, becoming soulmates for eternity + being set with high privileges & luxuries for life.
    This escapist fantasy is satisfying the imagination of how it's like to effortless outclass the convenient OGFL and accidently unintentionally getting all the hate of evil jealous bitches + the love & protection of powerful godlike super rich powerful good looking MLs regardless how creepy toxic they are.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  7. Anju2021

Anju2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand your point, why do you hate him so much?, the male lead in the novel was abused by his nanny, she made him hate being touch by other people, even his own mother, he couldn't tolerate anyone and he has to grow up alone like that, no one care about him, and his original wife in the books didn't care if he was uncomfortable or if he was being abused, she only wanted him because he was beautiful, she never questioned the nanny or defend him, she was plainly obsessed with him, she forced herself on him, it didn't matter to her if he was in pain or having an attack, you may said "oh but she was a child" but no, she grew up and keep being the same, never really cared about his feelings and you ask, "oh why he couldn't love her?", seriously?, would you be able to love someone who disregard your pain?, he wanted to divorce her, but she didn't allow it, she joined hands with his enemy so she could maintain her position as his wife, he hated her, she was one of the reasons why he was so damaged and somehow the original female lead of the novel could reach his heart, maybe she was the first person to really care for him, so are you telling us, that he should have stayed with the crazy wife, just because he was forcefully married to her when he was a child and needs to be responsible for her just because she's his imposed wife?, naah naah, if you thing this way, you need to rethink your way of seeing the world , seriously, you can't make him a monster just because he wanted to be happy, and that happiness wasn't with his crazy obsessed wife who really didn't love him, she just thought of him like he was and object and refused to set him free, and started to try and harm his loved one (as usual in those stories)

By another hand our female lead who transmigrated into the book is an adult and has read the book, understood his background, she understood why the male lead in the novel hated his wife, someone with just a little bit of empathy would have understood it, it's not that difficult, anyone sane will hate their stalkers, and the worst part is that he was married to his personal stalker, but back to reality, our FL chose to help him, to cure him, because she felt empathy, she could see his pain right with her own eyes, not just by reading a book, and as a normal human beings, a sane one, she wanted to help this little child, she never expected for him to fall in love with her, or she herself to fall in love with him, but if someone treasures you the way he has done with her, you can only understand, and as normal humans, people can't control their feelings just as you complaining here in the forum about a story you didn't read right xD.

Oh and don't you dare to compare this to abandoned empress, because the female lead there suffered all that tragedy herself, it wasn't something she just read in a book, she lived all that sh*t with her own body, it was her own experience and she decided to give an opportunity to her perpetrator anyway, because "he wasn't the same as before" pff.... if you have read Angelic lady you will understand how real people deal with trauma, the female lead there understood her fiance was being brainwashed by the antagonist and that he was being controlled by her, he really never wanted to hurt FL (he was cruel and broke FL heart in the previous life but never as Ruveliss level) , but even when she understood with her mind, she couldn't stand him with her heart, she just couldn't see him as before, she forgive him, but didn't want anything to do with him anymore, and fell in love with someone else, and honestly I will never understand why and how Aristia could face Ruveliss and love him again, yeah initially she has a severe trauma but.... plot armor gave him another chance, I couldn't like him because he hated Aristia out of stupid unjustified childish jealousy, one that you could understand if he was a child, but he keep being like that even after being an adult, once you have a pos traumatic disorder as hard as Tia, is really difficult to get "cured", and he even killed her father, I mean... how can you have the mind to fall in love with your abuser.... nah, nah.... in that same order, I can understand why Aiden couldn't love the original Erin in the novel, she was one of his abusers and he desperately wanted to get away from her and be happy, but she didn't let him, and there wasn't any misunderstanding, she was plainly insane.

8. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Tbh, this story reminded me a little bit of "The wedding business/Marriage of convenience" where a highly traumatized FL was forced into a marriage at 9 years old and she had visions about one possible timeline where she would cheat on ML. People have too many expectations from a traumatized and abused kids. The other timeline is like one possible outcome that never happened. It is like your another counter part who suffered the different fate cuz of their actions. That timeline cease to exist like most of the other novels when FL transmigrate in the novel. If this was happening in same timeline where FL suddenly possessed OG as an adult and had her memories then it would be a different thing.
    (I read one where FL possessed the body of OG who was mistreated by her husband, the husband was trash, and FL even saying she would divorce him fell for him for no reason, in that story the OG deserved better. But this isn't that type of story.)

Now if this was a regression novel that would be a different case but it isn't. I think if people want an issue then they should be worried about a mentally adult woman being paired with a child. But again that is the case for most isekai. Also people should start reading spoilers or at least stop being biased because of genders.

Rin.rinaaa, its0k and Anju2021 like this.
  9. Shion Lee

Shion Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omggg

AWW they're so cute I'm so happy for them:blobsob::blobsob:

10. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, i like the art of the promo more but i think the webtoon is really pretty. But it's like the artist put 90% their effort in making Eileen beautiful, 5% for the other female characters and 5% for Aiden and other males :blobjoy: it's the first time i see a ML's child version so... uhm... mediocre :blobjoy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    im_trash42, Lucy scarlet and syofiaa like this.
  11. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im here to ask about ML parents relationship. what chapter in the novel that talk about their relationship? or maybe someone can iust give spoiler about ML parents relationship?

12. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's on chapter 29 when Duchess asked for divorce. From some chapter before that, Erin already gave Duke a little push everytime they met in the garden to look at Duchess from a far.
    The Duke is actually an illegitimate child of the previous Duke, that's the reason why previous Duchess really harsh toward him and strict towards Duchess. Previous Duchess told him to obey her bcs he was nothing without his (upcoming) Duke title while his wife could go back to Marquis family even if they divorced or he failed become a Duke.

Ducal couple also married young, they were 13 back then. Duke fell in love at first sight, so their love is mutual. Sometimes after she gave birth to Aiden, previous Duchess keeps pressuring Aiden's mom more and more. When she asks Aiden's dad for help, he told her to endure a little bit more (he's in his way to build his strength through military and business to overthrow his stepmom, so he can properly protect his wife and son), but Aiden's mom accepted his word differently and it caused her to give up on him and just followed what previous Duchess said (about what she has to do as future Duchess of Lanister, that's also why she entrusted Aiden with nanny/she was criticized for taking care her baby without nanny by Lanister's elders). So when Duke finally got his power, everything was too late. He just watched them from a far because he thinks he doesn't have any rights to meddle with their lives.

Later he met Erin when he's stalkingwatching Duchess and Aiden's interactions from a far (that place later became their usual place when they met to spy on Duchess and Aiden). Erin told him that at first, she was also not that close with Aiden but she keeps trying to get close with him. She also encourages Duke to talk to Duchess more since even her and Aiden talks properly once a day. Duke starts to try talking to Duchess, but Duchess already closed her heart and often times just left before listening to his explanation.

At chapter 29, Duchess asked for divorce on their usual family breakfast. Aiden was not surprised because Duchess already asked for his opinion beforehand. Of course Duke refused it immediately. He said, she better to kill him if she wants to be a widow. Erin is also panicking. Duke remembers Erin words that everything will be too late if he keeps hesitating and not telling her what he actually feels.

Later, Duke will confess and explain everything to Duchess, basically both of them like each other but think it was the opposite (so Duchess thinks that if they get divorced, it probably would make both of them happy). After his confessions, Duchess's mind was a mess and it affected her health. Up until now she's been enduring with her mental fortitude but she finally collapsed. Duke was really devastated after the doctor told him that Duchess shouldn't overworking anymore because it'll shorten her life. When she gains her consciousness, he told her to move with him to their domain for recuperating her health. Unfortunately, both Aiden and Erin refused to come with them and decided to stay in capital to managed their house (and their secret business). Mom and dad were sad understand that they wanted Ducal couple to take more time with each other. When saying goodbye, Aiden will ask Duchess for a hug for the first time. :blobsneeze:

Basically, their problem is communication. It's quite an irony that their children marriage life is more harmonious than the Ducal couple. The reason why Duchess is trusting Erin (with managing the servant and not swayed by nanny's word about her) because before Erin gets married, Duchess personally observing her and she thought if it's Erin, probably their marriage will be different than hers (Erin and Aiden will have a happy marriage).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  13. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see Aiden’s mom (Isabella was her name right?)’s expression when she was younger. Unlike her current icy persona, she looked gentle even when Aiden was born. Too bad the previous duchess just got away like that by death. Her words & actions brought pain to Isabella, Logan (Aiden’s dad?), and Aiden.. Even the original Erin was suffered too because of her deeds

14. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow it happened a lot in most manhwa with stepmother (eventho there are some angel stepmoms too), mostly because she couldn’t vent it on the husband (and most of time the mother of the illegitimate child was already died on labor or killed by her people). She knows her husband still has more power than her and for an arrogant woman like her, she doesn't want to give up her title that's why sadly, children sometimes become an easy prey for them to abuse.

Oh you remind me, when Logan confessed his feeling, Isabella was staggering due to the shocked by the revelation, he unconsciously called her Bella for the first time with a worried face.

Nikibunny, Zepelim and bigredqueen like this.
  15. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah man and it's every damn time. I mean I can mention a chain of similar troupe. Also it's just not the stepmother abusing the illegitimate child, it's the father too who aren't able to be loyal to their wives, they satisfy their lust, plant a seed of discord and let the kid born from that affair to be abused by the legal wife. Horrible power, love and lust.

There is this novel - regret or something in which the husband had an affair with a dancer and brings the illegitimate child after years (he don't like that child) but here his wife was so sweet to that child, this one is the only novel where I've seen the affair child being treated rightly by legal wife despite her own pain - unfortunately the stepmother's life was cut short.

Edit : oh here it is https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/do-your-best-to-regret-최선을-다해-후회하세요.145979/

16. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Detective of Muiella has a good stepmom figure too, and the half brother was nice to Ian the ML.
    Omo, Logan called her Bella? They’re so cute indeed, I’m glad author-nim gave us the parents story too :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Do we have spoiler about the original heroine, Yulia Charte? Hope she’s a good person

Nikibunny and its0k like this.
  17. Enmea

Enmea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol all I wanna know iz whether da dad shaves off dat mustache or not!!! :blobpopcorn_cool:

twistingfeelings and bigredqueen like this.
  18. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So like father like son? If you divorce them, they rather make you kill them ahahaha no divorce, only way out of marriage is murder XD

Sintia_S24 and Zepelim like this.
  19. Mystical dreams

Mystical dreams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is all about timing , who was there first , just timing.