Spoiler The Male Lead Is Mine / 남주는 내가 차지한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by AkariCandy, Mar 4, 2022.

1. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I’m sexist then you’re misogynistic and victim blamer. Have you read the novel? The maid has asked to go live on her own without any support because the other option was to get rid of the child, and she would still be treated as unclean woman and possibly never marry. She hasn’t encouraged her daughter to work in the mansion, she has died! And the father had the audacity to bring her in to be his official daughter’s maid. If she was written a bit less lazily it would have been a road to tragedy, where a neglected daughter kills or cripples her more loved sister out of jealousy.

It is not sexist to acknowledge that women have a different level of testosterone and strength. This is why all sports have different requirements for men and women.
    Also a common fit woman weights 50-60 kilogram while a man is around 70-80. Try to overpower such a man when he’s weighting on your body and when he’s a boss who has the right to physically punish you if you don’t follow his orders.

If the author wanted to say that the maid was suddenly an independent woman, they would have said it. Or that she has actually set up a drunk man to get something from him. But no, the author has just swept the situation under the rug because more details would have made either the father or the maid look bad, so details were removed to make this overlooked.

I don’t think that this lazily written novel with plot holes is worth so much arguing.

2. Yanatsu

Yanatsu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author didn't detail the situation because he probably didn't think it was worth detailing (as you said, laziness), so it only gets easier to assume that nothing dark happened in their point of view (though in my pont of view, abuse is abuse independently if it's the man or the woman who couldn't consent)
    I'm not victim blaming (and is disgusting to say so) since she would have to be a victim for that. There is not a single situation in the novel where this is even remotely implied. Gender disposition can also be overwritten by circumstances and personal disposition. And, for all the other points you raised, my other arguments already have an answer, so, as you said, I won't keep arguing.

Elisee and clraei like this.
  3. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in chapter 21 of the novel now and it was said that most of Roy's achievements in the war were being stolen from him by the nobles.
    I would like to ask if he will be publicly recognized for all that he did?

4. Dadatada

Dadatada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He will catch the commander of enemy forces who is also the husband of princess of that nation and eventually become count. Btw, he was already well known by the enemy.

5. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh,I didn't knew he would become a noble,I thought he would only become a landowner.Thanks!❤
    But what I wanted to know is if it will get known that the generals of his own kingdom were taking the credit that was rightfully his.

6. Dadatada

Dadatada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think emperor already knew but he was quiet for some reason, I can’t remember it since it’s been a while I read this. But iirc the situation will be mentioned in a meeting so people will learn and this will lead to giving the management of army to a new person (his name was Risek or Rizek) who is a good guy and won’t hinder ML’s achievements. Also you’re welcome ;)

luliibunny likes this.
  7. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou!!❤❤

8. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story kind of makes me feel uncomfortable.
    OGFL was forced to marry the ML because her sister dont want to and then found a happy ending.

On this story MC kinda stole ML who gave her happiness from OGFL. Now the her sister want to marry she married. Idk why but if I was MC id feel guilty. Yes, OGFL inhereted the title but she already got a happy ending on the OG story so why does it need a transmigrator

theilikepie, NyxxyN and Creolenerd like this.
  10. schmawesome

schmawesome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I wouldn't.

Like, you're thinking about the MC's approach the wrong way. I mean, what else would anyone (in her situation, knowing what she knew) do?

1. Aris (MC) had to get married somehow, she was wholly uninterested in being a single careerwoman (which is fine, neither option is better or worse than the other, and screw anyone who judges women who want to be housewives as "inferior", as if it's any easier to manage a household than it is to file office paperwork)
    2. Roy was a great option for marriage. (single, loyal, competent, HOT)
    3. Aris was going to be betrothed to Roy anyway
    4. Lucine DIDN'T even know Roy yet by the time Aris decided to go for the guy.
    5. Roy isn't some coin ready to be slotted into any random hole. He actually DECIDED that he liked Aris, you know.
    6. Lucine didn't grow up to BE the OgFL anyway, and was wholly content being a maid (initially. She ends up inheriting her father's title somewhere at the end of the novel, but that's hundreds of chapters away). Anyway, this Lucine and OgLucine did not have the same experiences, education, etc.
    7. What the F else was Aris supposed to do, really, with her goal and with the resources she had around her?

Ymin, Elisee, clraei and 5 others like this.
  11. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my Opinion...
    And this could be wrong, depends on how your view...
    In my view... This plot is not in modern and at that time,,, "maybe" if a child born out of wedlock then it is up to the wife,, she can accepted or not and adopted her if she can accepted.
    And for my opinion... If a child born out of wedlock (not just the born, but also the process to love "sex" between the father and the mother, then the lineage of that child is following her/his mother not the father. So the father don't have the responsibility to/of that child. This maybe cruel,,, but this is what distinguishes children born in marriage or out of wedlock.

12. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone wants to chat about this novel,my ig name and profile is the same of novelupdates.❤There's no comments thread in tappytoon and I fell sad cuz there's no one to talk about this novel with.

13. whitee_naaaa

whitee_naaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad story background..
    I think, the author can't build this story well, besides the romantic plot..

NyxxyN and MariaBr like this.
  14. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly I absolutely hate situations like this in manhwa, that's why I always hope the og FL were evil or actually not interested in the ML.
    I don't like when the ogFL is kind but had her happiness and ML taken away.

But I do appreciate this story tell you straightforward what's gonna happen and MC knows exactly what she wants but I still don't like when the original happy couple is split because of someone transmigrating into the story.

There was a story I read when the ML had told the ogFL "I will love you in any lifetime (aka timeline as well), you are the only one I can love" but then falls in love with the transmigrated person...I hate it
    Technically no because she just gave all the work load to Lujin (half sister) and didn't bother doing anything, Lujin wasnt gonna cause trouble because shes a maid who listens to her lady. Plus ogAris personality isn't good either since she didn't want marry a commoner but then only wanted to marry him because of his looks and when she didn't get her way she bad month her half sister (ogFL). So I'm gonna say no, ogFL didn't take ogAris happiness way. ogAris did that all on her own.

Now does sweet girl Lujin her her happiness? Does she end up with someone?

Ymin likes this.
  15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the maid/half sister secretly worked on MC’s homework instead of telling her actual master about the situation she has actually taken away MC’s chances to become an educated lady.

And then when she was sent to ML as a bride he got interested in her in the first place because she was smart for a former maid. If the maid have stayed her original uneducated self she might have not gotten ML’s attention and MC might have had a chance to be together with him as it was planned from the beginning.

It’s all a “what if” question anyways, so we won’t know the truth. Lazy writing on the author’s part has created too many plot holes in this story. My example just shows that it’s possible to find a fault in any character if you look at it from another angle.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that MC has taken her sister’s happiness away in the new timeline just because she was studying as she was supposed to and because she got together with ML who initially was supposed to become her husband anyways.

Ymin likes this.
  16. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly you're confusing me with you using MC, I don't know if you're talking about the MC (who is current Aris) or ogAris, ogAris is not the/a MC.
    And according to Korean blog/twitter reviews, ogAris had a bad personality, so it's not "what if" because even if she had a education that wouldn't change her personality (since there are smart characters who have bad personalities) and the ML not only like ogFL because of her education but she was also kind. And I do think it's unfair, all MC could do was just be herself since she no longer the ogAris, only reason ogAris got her end was mainly her bad personality, not just her lack of education. MC could have a happy ending regardless since she is kind. Though she could've also get her half sister an education as well but I do agree that's not particularly her job, it's her father's, but it's good lend a helping hand yk.

I don't hate MC but I just naturally don't like situations similar to this as I mention before.
    But let's just agree to disagree, I don't think users like discussion on spoiler pages, I just noticed the few pages before are mainly discussions

Ymin likes this.
  17. sssssleigh

sssssleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it disturbing that you guys think it's ok for FL to take ML when he literally has a good relationship with ogFL in the previous TL. Like??? Doesn't he get a say on who he chooses? He originally liked ogFL, right? They had were a goof couple. But FL suddenly came in to ruin that just cause she can. Like ??? Isn't that messed up?

NyxxyN likes this.
  18. kurosov

kurosov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd argue the opposite.

He didn't originally like her but grew to like her during their political marriage. His relationship with Aris now was formed naturally through conversation without a political marriage being arranged at all. He grew to like Aris in this series of events naturally.

Furthermore nobody suddenly came in and ruined anything. The marriage going to her sister would have required FL to act out exactly as the OG story had her act complete with the running away.

Simply by being a better person and attending classes it's likely the political marriage would never have even gone to their family at all. Aris's improved behaviour had her on the radar as a match for the prince. If she improved her behaviour but didn't start writing letters then she'd have been married to the prince and with no knowledge of a second daughter in the family the arranged marriage with ML would have gone to another noble family, Meaning neither sister would end up with him.

Ymin, magfuentes, snzzykitten and 4 others like this.
  19. luliibunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Your post has "what would happen if er could use 100% of our brain" vibes XD

its0k likes this.
  20. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened at the end of this story?

schmawesome and myuun. like this.