Discussion Do Nazis watch Tarantino?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not on drugs, I swear.
    Just curious how hypocritical are they? I mean, Tarantino is such a great director I could see them watching Django and Inglorious Basterds.
    How conflicted would they be? On one hand, epic movies, on the other, bashing of their beliefs.

btw I just watched Jackie Brown which I somehow missed. Pretty good but could've been a bit faster, and why de Niro? He was so wasted on that role. Samuel's half bold hair and ponytail gave me shivers.
    No man should have a ponytail, but especially Samuel.
    Well I, how can you talk to her? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are mentally balanced enough, opinions of others are just that. There are a lot of things in popular media and even in casual conversations that contradict my personal beliefs, but I find myself not caring more and more as I age. I can enjoy a good movie/show/novel even if I think the underlying ideas are poor. Don't many of us read Chinese novels with some or much blatant racism in many of them?
    Ah, I might accidentally come of as if I imply that I am a nazi - which I am not. But I can imagine some of them feeling the same.
    Also, I don't really like Tarantino movies

Jojo775 likes this.
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Dare I ask what?

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People can consume media and miss that it's attack them and their belief systems, and it happens all the time. Sometimes this comes from missing the message, and sometimes it's because they don't realize that the criticism applies to them. The same thing happens in real life too where it's common for homosexual people to vote for political parties and policies that strip away their rights. Note that this is exactly how the actual Nazi party came to power in Germany.

Jojo775 likes this.
  5. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    As guy above me said; people will consume media and miss most of the point.

Same guys for when people are reading books. Some people will get a little amount of what the book is about while others can completely grasp the idea of what a book is stating because they can see multitudes of situations within their mind that relate to the book.

tldr; you get it if you get it and you dont if you dont

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Most Tarantino movies are cathartic to me. My first was Kill Bill when I was a teenage girl lol. It's still my favorite.

Edit. Oops, heard Tarantino and forgot the point of this thread. I can't speak for nazis. I know they exist, but they're like a myth to me lol. From what I know, they see themselves as defenders of their race/nation, so they might be blind to criticism? So they'd watch these movies without catching a hint? Who knows.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    Jojo775 likes this.