Spoiler The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by riyo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Yeah, I watch a ton of Kdrama shows so I’m quite familiar with terms like Unni, oppa, noona, hyung, etc. So, all along we thought the novel had fraternal twin boy and girl but it was really twin girls. I guess I have to wait for Tappytoon translation to see why Lippe chooses to dress like that. After all, if they’re promoting female emperor, there’s nothing wrong with dressing as a female. I suspect Bliss isn’t interested in being the successor.

2. Furuta222

Furuta222 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's not because if he is a girl then Bliss should be the emperor since she is the oldest not her + why the hell she is dressed like a boy? .. im pretty sure 100% is translation mistake but if it's not then this is ridiculous

Khadz and Rose Nightingale like this.
  3. CrimsonHazel

CrimsonHazel [Sarcastic Green Tea]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its already correct though
    In the flashback scene where Bliss was studying and overheard how the noblemen was talking about how Bliss is a trouble maker and that Lipped will be better successor, in this scene Bliss also looks like a boy
    My guess is Bliss was originally the intended successor but she back out because how Lippe is much better
    Or maybe they both are successor, nothing decided, but then Bliss gave up
    Maybe its like that other manhwa where the Princess dress like a boy because she's the successor

4. Scarlet Reed

Scarlet Reed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first, it has already been confirmed in previous posts by people who actually read and understood the raws that it's 100% not a translation mistake. lippe is a girl. pls provide proof otherwise.
    second, the story is set in a fantasy world. if the author wants this kingdom to choose its next ruler among the king's offspring based on their abilties instead of their age, then they can do so.
    third, lippe can dress however she wants.

Blehblah, MiserableSOUL and 821121 like this.
  5. 821121

821121 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's really important to note that a successor hasn't actually been chosen and we don't actually know what happens after Bliss and Lippe return to the future except that the family is reunited and both Aria and Bliss are now healthy.

It's also important to note that the only people who were even talking about succession were those horrid nobles, because unlike Bliss who was born weak, Lippe was born perfectly 'normal' and healthy hence the nobles are hoping that Asher will eventually give her the title of Crown Princess as they know he will never take another wife.

As for the way she dresses, I don't think it really matters if she chooses (or is designed) to dress more boyish.. But it's not surprising that she chooses to emulate her father who we all know will go to the ends of the earth to protect his family. She wants to do the same, which is probably why she emulates him and vows to protect both Aria and Bliss from the nobles/the outside world, both in the present and the future (especially when Asher is away).

If anything, I think the way they dress themselves is just indicative of their personalities, and for me personally, there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  6. fiercenaga

fiercenaga Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ABOUT LIPPE'S GENDER:
    Lippe has always been a girl in the novel. Her gender never changed. Here's an excerpt from chapter 32 of the side story:
    급한 마음은 리페도 마찬가지였기에 손을 꼭 마주 잡은 자매가 힘차게 땅 을 믿고 걸음을 옮기려던 그때였다.

The highlighted phrase 자매 means "all-girls siblings" when referring to Bliss and Lippe. If Lippe was a boy, the author would have used 남매 which is used to refer to "male-female siblings". Korean lesson credits to my friend!

So no, the webtoon did not deviate from the novel. Lippe is a girl, and has always been a girl. Maybe OP who provided the spoiler was confused due to illustration, which shows Lippe wearing masculine clothing.

7. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I'm curious about is how will Aria in the future timeline (or later in the current one) explain to Jessi, Annie and Sarah that they've met Bliss (and even Lippe) in the past? Because if I understand it correctly any changes in the past will give new memories to their future selves so by now they must have remembered that they've met the princesses years before the girls were born.:hmm:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    Blehblah likes this.
  8. Chaerfry_Catblue

Chaerfry_Catblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then... Is it a girl or a boy? Because I also went to see those parts of the novel and there everyone refers to the twins as "sisters"

9. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The post you quote literally said that Lippe is a girl and confirming they're twin sisters...

@fiercenaga I added your correction post to the spoiler table if that's okay with you, since many will probably come here to see if what her gender is and because of the previous spoiler

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  10. kataw_peter

kataw_peter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I been reading the new chapter of the manhwa and I HAVE to know why that red hair bitch aka the new maid. Is so rude and please tell me she gets punished for looking down on the mc!!!!

Blehblah likes this.
  11. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be frank I wished this story would be more focusing on vindictive Aria and her Gold Digging Prostitute Mother Apple scheming and ruin together other assholes. You don't actually see positive interesting a mother and daughter dynamic in the FanRomIseDra Genre. In other novel Stories the biological mother either is so weak + sick, dead or a stupid abusive cunt preferering/pampering her other golden children. Also noticed that many female Korean authors have a thing for telling stories about 'the hot powerful scary dangerous brooding murderous high ranking father of the FL....'
    I am more interested about Apple who has so much potential than the effortless hostile pestering ML Asher with the typical royal conspiracy drama/byronic issues.

12. maxi.tempest.

maxi.tempest. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we nearing to the end?? Cause it seems like. The spoilers end with lippe and aria hugging.

13. CrimsonHazel

CrimsonHazel [Sarcastic Green Tea]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I've said it before but ngl, I'm kinda disappointed with Asher and Aria in this apparent future....
    Bliss and Lippe's story so far feels like the back story of a pitiful protagonist/villain. Whats with one parent so sick the other have to take care of them to the point of neglecting anything else, accused of being the cause of the parent's sickness (or later even death), and being constantly compared to their own twin

Well, hopefully they can fix whatever it is causing the pregnancy complications

14. Deleted member 275719

Deleted member 275719 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! Lippe has always been a girl. I read the novel in korean way before and it was said clearly. Bliss has been called "unnie" multiple times too, just like what they're showing in the webtoon now. I'm glad someone here corrected (or at least cleared) it because I've seen a lot of posts on twitter/ig/tiktok that said Asher and Aria have a boy and a girl and I corrected some of them but I kind of got ignored. I honestly agree that they got fooled by the illustration! :blobjoy:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2022
    Chaerfry_Catblue likes this.
  15. Chaerfry_Catblue

Chaerfry_Catblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

In the official translation of tapytoon, she is a girl! Even in the novel, why do they have a hard time accepting that she is a girl?

16. Furuta222

Furuta222 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So if the woman want to role she has to wear men clothes and cut her hair shortly to be strong ? That's a humiliation and you should be ashamed from yourself or go to the kitchen ... there's no little girl in the world want her hair short because they always wanted to be beautiful like PRINCESS NOT A PRINCE + the one who should rule if both girls is Bliss since she is older ... do u really searching for abilities while they are kids???? The abilities come when both are grown and started to take serious actions but now they are just a goddam kids eating sweet and holding their mother's hand and their father kiss their foreheads before sleeping and you seek for their abilities ?? From here you find also Lippie a boy.. use your brain

17. Julveury

Julveury Tea Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao. At this point, I think you just want to believe what you want (and also poor reading comprehension). Most spoiler here has come from MTL(Machine Translation) and not from actual translators and/or someone who is fluent with Korean Language so some might have been lost in translation. Some posts with actual correct translation have already confirmed that Lippe is a GIRL even in the novel so there is no MISTRANSLATION on the OFFICIAL manhwa. Please back read, they are just few posts above.

18. adorablecheetos

adorablecheetos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don’t like it then just go? We don’t need this kind of opinion.

I mean you’re angry because she wears masculine clothes in the novel, but why do she needs to wear feminine clothing to be identified as princess?

Maybe the reason she wears masculine clothing is because pants are more comfortable? maybe lippe is a swordswoman that’s why she wore pants?

idk dude, if you dont like it, just go, dont give negative energy and your karen attitude here

eyjafjalla and Yurielle like this.
  19. Scarlet Reed

Scarlet Reed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    User Furuta222: "Blahblahblah, I do not have access to the novel and/or manhwa raws and I cannot read Korean at all. All I have are my stupid ass opinions that I'm gonna pass off as facts. I think that Lippe is a boy, therefore Lippe must be a boy even though all other evidence suggest otherwise. There are actual people in this thread who can read and understand Korean and have read the raws who set the record straight. But I'm going to ignore the truth because it doesn't fit with my worldview so I'm just gonna be toxic in this thread and imply that other people do not use their brains, only I do."

Did I get that right?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    MiserableSOUL likes this.