Spoiler The Abduction of Mademoiselle

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Feb 5, 2022.

1. mozzybites

mozzybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole “manwhore” argument is tiring. I get why people get frustrated with these types of cliches (bc it reflects the double standards we have irl with men and women and how much experience they’re each “allowed” to have), but ruling out an entire character and refusing to see anything besides their past is kinda… hypocritical? Like don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see more diversity with characters, backgrounds and history/experience and so on, but I’m not going to shut entire characters down because I refuse to look past my own narrow minded prejudice of them. Me ignoring an entire character, man or women, bc of their sexual history would be the same as sl*t-shaming them. The issue here is mostly with the authors and their environment. These authors are usually all from Korea, Japan or china… all three are incredibly conservative countries, and all three hold very bias and unfair standards of women. It’s not surprising seeing a lot of stories where those same conservative and unfair standards are portrayed in works like these. It’s not surprising but no less disappointing that we see so little of women with experience in these works.

This story is centric to the romance and it’s development. The plot is the development of the main couples romance and how their relationship developed from a contractual one into a real and romantic one. The plot is about how they “use” each other to both benefit from the marriage (mc securing her inheritance and ML receiving monetary help from her), and unexpectedly developing a romantic relationship through it. This isn’t like a lot of Korean romance/historical stories that are trending nowadays with the cliche tropes and concepts, it’s JUST about romance. It’s not about gaining power and influence, it’s not about exacting revenge on someone, it’s not about running away or anything of the sort. It’s just romance set in a historical setting.

edit: I also don’t know why NUF isn’t allowing me to write any of my comments separately but it’s pissing me off and idk how to fix it. Whenever I write a new one it’s just adds onto my previous comment:mad:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    torte1315 likes this.
  2. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    its always been this way tho its to prevent spamming

Elren and LaDyViL like this.
  3. mozzybites

mozzybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is centric to the romance and it’s development. The plot is the development of the main couples romance and how their relationship developed from a contractual one into a real and romantic one. The plot is about how they “use” each other to both benefit from the marriage (mc securing her inheritance and ML receiving monetary help from her), and unexpectedly developing a romantic relationship through it.
    I swear I use to be able to have different comments. I was able to reply to different people within different comments!! I swearrrrr:blobfearful:

edit: SEEE I didn’t even write that first half just now and it’s in my previous comment. I only replied to your comment but my other discussion was added to this!! I haven’t even been on this forum for a few hours. If I delete the first half of this comment tho my other comment will also be edited and remove the same part:blob_teary:

torte1315 likes this.
  4. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao i think nuf is having some problems cause i cant reply to your edited part only and it was down a couple days ago too

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forum Rules
    Your old posts will be merged into the newer post, however it doesn't reflect on the page until you refresh the webpage.

It won't be merged if the delay between the posts is of a certain duration. Last time it was 2 hours, I'm not sure if it has changed. You may wait or get someone to reply in between if you don't want them merged.

As mentioned, it's to prevent spam and double postings by people who doesn't bother to learn how to use the +Quote or Reply functions on the posts and to reduce the warnings that's given out for repeated rules breakings.

6. IrisBay

IrisBay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for all the spoilers :aww::blobxd:

NohrNeir likes this.
  7. Tumciale

Tumciale Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows about the MC's mother? Why she hated her daughter so much?

8. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the FL's cousin and aunt's family in the end?

9. Ipokun15

Ipokun15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 3 will return on January 6, 2024!
    [​IMG]

its0k likes this.