Spoiler The villainess is a marionette

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who feels that Cayena's and Raphael's relationship was somewhat forced given their past association? The plotline is very good, and would've done well without MC needing a man, yet I feel the romance killed it.
    And about the Emperor. I don't pity him a bit. Nope. Even if him abusing an innocent child can be understood out of spite for his cheating wife, the fact that even his own daughter was not spared in his twisted idea of revenge just goes on to show how lowly an individual he is. Furthermore, his love for Catherine was also fake. Otherwise, why didn't he display a hint of care towards his own son?
    Even if the late Empress had eye problems alongside low IQ, the only quality that gives the Emperor a better standing than Raphael's Father is that he is competent. Else, the two men are the same. Fickle, selfish and blame their own failures on helpless children.
    Anyways. Can anyone give me the backstory of Duke Heinrich? I'm actually interested in why he developed into a psycho he is.

2. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I thought Annie came after Cayena changed, so she had been with her for 10 years. Well, then it does merit Raphael a good guy label. But I still don't see why he had to fall for Cayena just because she changed. It only raises the question as to why he fell for Olivia in first life, though its understandable that his attitude is bland towards her in this one since he's fallen for Cayena.
    On second note. Given how meticulously the author developed the other characters with appropriate reasons as to why they turned out that way, the Duke Heinrich's background in comparison was somewhat... Boring. Anyways, I'll just take his crazy personality the result of some illness.

3. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess I'm somewhat slow in this aspect and more invested in politics rather than romance. But at least you've managed to convince me that their romance wasn't forced.
    Thanks for Duke Heinrich's background information.

lowhighlow likes this.
  4. Cyzzane

Cyzzane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll add on that there are some Raphael POV moments in the novel which also help explain some of the romance. I haven't finished the novel, but it adds a lot of depth to the manhwa and helps show the slower side of the romance as well as the feelings developing.

I too would like to know more about what shaped Heinrich, he's an interesting character for sure.

5. magfuentes

magfuentes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi All,
    Do you know the reason for the group queendom not finish the translator? there is a note that they received all the raws 1 year ago...
    Is there somebody that has the raws?

what chapter is about it?

6. Celly RIvers

Celly RIvers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because of the fact that the whole novel was already punished on Radish, and it's easy to buy the chapters in there.

Aqua_the_idiot and magfuentes like this.
  7. magfuentes

magfuentes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks.. i do not know what is radish

Hi , If she got back her power, so she will die soon:eek:? Has she lost half of her live again:unsure:?

SkyLisette likes this.
  8. Cyzzane

Cyzzane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s an app =) check the apple store, google play, or Samsung store (or other mobile phone App Store if in a different country) and you should be able to find it easily.

you can also wait and get most of the chapters for free.

9. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the manhwa on hiatus again?

Aqua_the_idiot and sviall like this.
  10. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news! the manhwa got updated today with chapter 61!

In the future Cayena does become the emperor after exiling Rezef but only for 8 years I think so that Ethel will be the emperor.

mmem, SkyLisette and SofiyeJaan like this.
  11. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ik that's why i meant she should be the empress & not hand over her position coz she worked hard more than anyone else

Hera Elizabeth likes this.
  12. Maninay

Maninay Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, will there be a snusnu?

13. Aqua_the_idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I remember there were I think 2-3 scenes of them doing it but it wasn't r19.

14. rubyizek

rubyizek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the midst of reading this Manhwa but confused with these points. Can anyone spoil me with:

1. Does FL has no link with Raphael in OG timeline, except she obsessed over him and he dislikes her, and she married with another guy who killed her? So what's her purpose to earn Raphael's trust in this timeline, yet she keeps on avoiding him (rejected his visits 10 times)?
    2. Does FL and Rezef came from same mother or different? Cause they were talking, FL keeps saying "my maternal grandfather's family" instead of "our maternal grandfather's family"?
    3. Is FL's mother the late empress or just concubine?
    4. Seems like Rezef and Cayena were very close when they were young so how did it ended up with current relationship in which he had no qualms poisoning her?

15. Aqua_the_idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some corrections-

1. The information you gave is correct but at that time Cayena was not rejecting him because of her feelings but because Raphael was continuously asking a meeting to apologize for abruptly leaving Cayena during their last meeting. This scene I think happened a while back in the manhwa.

The emperor knew Rezef wasn't his child and due to his pride he announced that Rezef is his child from a women who died while giving birth to Rezef. He didn't want people to think that the empress cheated on him cuz he didn't satisfy her. This birth of Rezef was believed by the whole empire including Rezef and Cayena so that's why she said "my maternal grandfather". The truth came out later in the story.

Rezef sees Cayena as a object that makes him at peace in the dangerous imperial palace. Cayena used too show him love during their childhood because they only had each other so Rezef thought Cayena will always be with him. But it was always Cayena who gives affection, not Rezef. He always made a move when she made the first move.

The fact that Cayena's nanny was removed from the palace and no one loved her made Cayena hungry for affection that's why when she saw Raphael, she fell in love with his looks and started following him for affection.
    This made Rezef angry at him as she started showing love to someone else and Cayena didn't show up occasionally in front of Rezef.

This slowing destroyed their relationship and Rezef, who was only using Cayena as a chess piece whom he at least cared for the throne, started using her by extreme methods like the poising incident was done so that he can blame a noble that he didn't like for the poisonings of a imperial princess so that the Noble can be executed/prisoned.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    mmem, MariL, BellaReader and 3 others like this.
  16. rubyizek

rubyizek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah.. that's clearer now. Thanks. I have finally finished up to chapter 61 manhwa. The Emperor lied that Rezef is born by another woman instead of empress. The manhwa makes Rezef and Cayena so identical, although in novel it was said that they do not look identical (Cayena takes after empress, Rezef takes after Raphael's father the Duke).

Another question:
    When Cayena asked Rapheal to create a fictional husband who cannot be poisoned, she seemed to flashback to; when Rezef poisoned Heinreich in OG timeline. So at any point, was Cayena ever married to Heinreich, before being dragged back by Rezef and thrown to second marriage with abusive husband?

17. Aqua_the_idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't Heinrich that was shown, it was a random person shown as a example what would have happened if Cayena chose a husband. The person was shown black and I think you could have mistaken him for Heinrich due to similar physique. Cayena only married Gillain as she was sold to him and then suffered abuse from him for 5-6 years and finally dieing.

I absolutely agree, the manhwa made a mistake in this detail. Even though they both have same eye and hair color (maybe Cayena's hair should be lighter than Rezef I am not sure about this) there is a still a difference in face.

18. Maninay

Maninay Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you pls tell me what chapter is that in the novel?

19. lowhighlow

lowhighlow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's best if you'll start in this chapter.
    Chapter 76 - Anxious Raphael looking for Cayena after he heard a gunshot
    Chapter 77 - First Kiss

mmem, boom2424 and Maninay like this.
  20. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone remember, which chapter is it when Kayena first asked Raphaelo to make her a virtual husband?