Question Can you kill a person?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ryuukage, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Ryuukage

Ryuukage [Professional Lurker][Loli Head Patter][Lazy Fox]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, here is the scenario.

You got summoned to another world like in those otherworld fantasy novels, you have the power to fight and protect yourself, so the question is, can you kill a person? would you become like those in the japanese novels where you will become a goody two shoes kind of guy that won't kill a person and just subjugate them, or will you be like those in chinese novels where they kill anyone that is against them?

Just a question that popped up while reading something, so I want to know what you people will do, as for me, I don't know, I know I have the determination to kill if my life depends on it, but actually killing? I don't know.

2. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd kill my enemies 110%. I wouldn't kill people if I can safely capture them and lock them up with no chance of them ever escaping and coming after me. However, if that's not possible, I would never spare someone who wants to kill me or my family.

I wouldn't ENJOY it, but I don't have any weird beliefs like "no one has the right to take a life yada yada". If I could go back in time and kill Hitler I would, for example. Humans have been killing to protect themselves since the dawn of time.

It also depends on HOW we're killing these guys, though. IMO most people don't actually have a problem with the idea of killing people. What puts them off is the process. i.e. if you could hit a button and make every evil person die, lots of people would do it, but if you've got to take a machete and hack them to death one by one, there wouldn't be many people who'd be willing to do it.

ragingphoenix, Saladinxc and Ryuukage like this.
  3. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would but it will take some time

4. Evilseniorbro

Evilseniorbro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't become a psycho like the cn mcs who cause 99 percent of their problems and massacre entire clans. I'll still kill anyone who threatens my life.

5. Professor Baka De DeluPerv

Professor Baka De DeluPerv Consumer of Plastic Toys

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, it'll just cause problems down the road. I'll also aim for world domination!

6. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Why kill your enemies if you could torture them and bend them to your will. - Sadist

7. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm not strong enough not to kill.

Most likely, however, I'll just die in the first encounter with anything.

Not exactly sporty here, see.

If I had the strength, it'd depend on the stakes.

If keeping an enemy alive would risk what I value the most, better man up.

If it's not of any importance, then go with feeling.

passerbyfujofromspace likes this.
  8. lilly2805

lilly2805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was in a situation that I had to kill someone to survive then yes, but if I don't have to and it's simply a world where humans and other sentient people do not fight, then no. I'd never kill someone.

whimsandfantasies likes this.
  9. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh. To defend my life and those I love, but otherwise no. And ideally, I get a cozy job at the guildhall or something and avoid the need to kill anyone or thing.
    Give me one of those slow paced japanese Isekai any day.

10. borer

borer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as there have enough reason to do it. But i also care about the clean up that need to do right after.
    In short, need preparation for the aftermath before killing. Best outcome is if no troubles follow after the deed.

11. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Is human nature really all so simple that “yes” and “no” are legitimate answers?

Ryuukage and Ca5e like this.
  12. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    Will kill…

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    no~
    this cat is pacifist~
    this cat not kill~ just accidentally make people lose their life points~

its not easy to kill on society that have law and order, changing value require drastic event such as dehumanizing on military, war zone, lil bit mental damage, jungle rule aka survival of fittest meh plenty of stuff~ well there also probability this cat get high from sudden empowerment err cheat, drunken from power perhaps the term of it~

so kinda depend on situation but this cat prefer not kill cuz bothersome to handle the aftermath~ killing typical monster for survival is different tho~ just like killing a hmm poultry? cattle animal? forget the term~

14. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Say hello to my little friends Fireball!!

and honestly depend on who is my enemy, and the severity of the trouble... I mean killing A noble inside city because he kicking everyone out way is not worth it, I ain't have a hero complex.

For example, let's use the classic trope
    The city guard is slaver and greedy= it not causing trouble for me I'm just another adventurer
    Slaves being beaten up on the street= nothing to see here
    Bandit tries to rob me= say hello to fireball
    Street urchins steal my money, track it down take my money back>its gang that demand daily quota=I could use extra money
    Noble try rope me into debt with fake quest= second time is charm, let's get out from this kingdom

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  15. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first thought when seeing the title is the legendary quote: people die if they are killed.

16. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    if I become an op person in another world:
    I will be so drunk on my power that I find humans beneath me, and end up slaughtering them heartlessly just like how we kill insects normally.
    since the people can't retaliate since they're weak, I will continue doing what I do
    then one day my powers are stripped and realise that I'm just a normal and weak human

what a great story idea

17. passerbyfujofromspace

passerbyfujofromspace “ice pop.”

Reading List:
    Link
    rather than kill them I might not be able to do anything despite the power granted to me due to mental and psychological reasons, as well as my futile tendency for escapism, I might just die from cowardice either way since even if I did try to fight with my strength I won't be able to use it properly as I suck at efficiently controlling my physicality and reflexes.

rather than kill them I might not be able to do anything despite the power granted to me due to mental and psychological reasons, as well as my futile tendency for escapism, I might just die from cowardice either way since even if I did try to fight with my strength I won't be able to use it properly as I suck at efficiently controlling my physicality and reflexes.

18. Immortal_Meow

Immortal_Meow CEO of novelupdates

Reading List:
    Link
    Unalive them when necessary. Would probably be best to have an idea of when it is necessary to kill enemies in advance, cause hesitation could lead to your own death in battle. So if you're in the middle of a battle and you have no choice but to kill (or be killed) then kill asap or you die. Tho if it's not in direct battle... I'd probably avoid all conflict, or as much as possible. On the other hand, if I see someone get raped or something I'll definitely do something about it, idk if that means I have hero complex..
    If you have the power to easily save someone from some random thugs and it wouldn't be inconvenient to you in any way, why not do it? Doesn't necessarily have to end in murder tho. Just some gentle amputation... wait, depending on the healthcare of the world you're in that could lead to death bc of infections and blood loss... eh

19. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    You should have create a poll for this, but digress. As to your question. I would defend myself here or the other world. As to killing someone after they loss. It would have to be a case by case bases, but in general I’d probably lean towards elimination.

20. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    No! There would be mental barrier until you got cornered into situation either kill or to be killed