Discussion I just don’t get it sometimes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Sep 21, 2022.

?

If you were a transmigrator. Would you become an Adventure?

1. Yes

17.9%
  2. No

28.2%
  3. Depends

53.8%
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don’t get it. Why do transmigration people that want to live a slice of life/ relaxing life. Want to become Adventures?
    It just doesn’t make sense to me. Going out to face death and to work hard. What part of that is taking it easy? Than when they go out adventuring. They will build up a reputation you can not hide and your power level would be impossible to keep secret. Which in the long term gives you more grief.
    I mean why didn’t they just become a hermit and sell a game board. Than live off the proceeds. I would think that would be the best option of all the things they could do, but why?
    Why do they always become adventures?

ongoingwhy, Lurking, Ash_Kira and 9 others like this.
  2. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    If I ever transmigrated with cheats, I would live my life peacefully than going on adventures :blob_coffee: just give me an easy life

Ash_Kira, Orris, AliceShiki and 5 others like this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    TOO RIGHT!
    That’s the way to go. Totally agree

Ash_Kira, Orris and hansora like this.
  4. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    well, usually the easiest and fastest way to get ID is to register at adventure guild..

Ash_Kira, asriu, SayMrrp and 3 others like this.
  5. SkySolluna

SkySolluna Moon Warrior

Reading List:
    Link
    Blame the author..

6. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    The question remains. Why do you need ID? If you wanted to sell something at a town or city. An ID maybe needed, but what about a small village. Or just living independently like a hermit.
    To tell you the truth. A lot of the time I see these MC busting their butts trying to survive. In almost as severe as a black company. When on the other hand. They could build a home far better than any king could have. Just doesn’t make sense to me

That’s a lot of different authors. Lol

Lurking and Eat_Angst like this.
  7. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be a librarian. Plenty of interesting stuff and new people to meet with no threat to life...or open an apothecary.

8. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    ah yeah, you got a point there..

9. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think to hard. It's because for themselves. I don't know about other but if I has a cheat then maybe I will go adventure for I been late to go adventure after been adult in real life. Adult will thinking about many thing like money, safety, relationship, family, country and many thing but if I go to another world and can change my way of live (if I has a cheat).

Many MC been transferred or reincarnated is a type that been bind by something like work or sick. That why when a new change came, their think that their can change the way their life. For me ID I get is not only a license but also a thing that showing that I came a new world.

Lurking and Issis like this.
  10. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Boredom:bloborz:. Can I really live a peaceful life if I'm super bored? If a world is like ancient times where there's not much entertainment :blobjoy:then I'll probably consider in becoming an adventurer (Of course, that is, if author-sama plans to give me cheating skills). :blobtorch:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    Lurking, Ash_Kira, ANonMouse and 2 others like this.
  11. Athy910

Athy910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if i get transmigrated easy life:blobcozy: is definitely an option but i would love to do something out of the ordinary which i dont get to in my previous/current life::blobpeaking::

Cutter Masterson and Issis like this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weeelllll, I think we always want to try something we never experience. That or the new thing is always the brightest than daily routine.

Lurking likes this.
  13. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno...depending on the series.

First of all for content and plot. Being adventurer, the author can write indefinite plot adventures.

Second, forget about the author, only the job adveturer doesn't need any identity clarification or something.
    If you're a transmigrator with your whole body being transported to the other world, you don't have any identity. You just came out of nowhere. Even if you're such op character, without any identity, any human society will be suspicious of you. Adventurers guild doesn't discriminate and they only need strength and power. So it's any transmigrator's first step to go the adventurers guilt to get identification.

Third, job. Adventurer is a job. And it's a job without any boundaries. That's why anyone can be adventurer as long as you have the power.

Four, being adventurer will get you popularity and acceptance in easy way possible. With popularity, you'll easily get identity and belonging you need to settle into the world. Maybe even get you the title of a hero.

But it's different story if you only transmigrated as a soul in different body. That's why you'll get different genre depending which way you get transmigrated.

Hahaha...anyway, that's my opinion.

Lurking likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably the author not thinking things through, tbh...

Because like... If someone wanted to live an easy life, the last thing they'd do would be to involve themselves on a killing-related business that constantly puts their life at risk.

I mean... I dunno, just become a priest instead? Seems much safer.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  15. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I always thought it was about seeing the world sure monster encounters will happen but it’s not like they are challenging Tiamat. Like the only other job that requires traveling is being a merchant but that’s not sightseeing it’s going it point A to B. If there’s a totally new world (assuming isekia into) with no other way to see it since the internet doesn’t exist, aren’t you curious to see it all?

Lurking, Ddraig and Cutter Masterson like this.
  16. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    People find it funny I suppose, protag wanting a peaceful life but he ends up doing exact opposite.

I've grown tired of this s*t.

If I see a lazy mc tag I instantly feel hesitant to read it, idk I just can't stomach the cringe and rage the stupid shenanigans put me through.

Like that useless count or lazy count something novel.

Ash_Kira and Cutter Masterson like this.
  17. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Just the thought of encountering a giant spider.... makes my skin crawl. *shivers*

If I have cheats and I know I am immortal I wouldn't bother with adventuring I would eventually see the whole world eventually. when the world becomes more convenient to travel fk horse back and carriages those things leave a life time of sore ass and leg pain.

If I had to become stronger to become immortal then yes I would grind right away.

Even if I do decide to live a peaceful life I would still practice martial arts and pick up a weapon to practice you never know when you would face a threat in such a world of swords and magic.

I would for sure study magic.

Lurking and Cutter Masterson like this.
  18. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish fulfillment.

People want to be the guy that arrives in an unknown world and sets off on some extraordinary adventure.

19. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    But. Wouldn’t it be easier if he sold some technology from our world to pay for his world trip. I mean let’s leave out gunpowder, cosmetics or food. There are a ton of games, procedures or strategy you could sell. You could make millions within weeks. Than have enough money to circumnavigate the globe a hundred times. Instead of fighting every inch of the way?

20. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Not perasay, the nature of money is that once someone has 1 copper, they want 2 coppers then 3. Also the journey of making those games, the politics that will get involved with (corruption follows money). I don't know about your work environment, but usually, most people are not reliable and purposefully cause trouble, regardless of how stupid it seems.

Besides that, there is the actual character and their motivation. Some characters do as you say but they were never the adventurous type in the first place. usually they shove of the responsibilities to someone else who is super greedy in these slice of lifes. Others are natural explorers. I know for one, even if i lived in the middle of nowhere here on earth, I would still walk around, instead I live in middle of a literally nowhere that has more ghost walking around than humans. For the one who go on adventures, they want the journey, not the results.

Sadly the way its written in these novel is atrocious I will admit that. The reason why the character goes on adventures in Asian novels is that they are vehicles for the plot. I said this multiple times but honestly most of the mcs could get replaced with a walking, talking breathing (insert random noun). In that regard Western novels establish character a lot better, although its not well done across the board. The problem with western novels is that the action/adventures are awful. Most of western novels can get written into 15 chapter in Easter novels and trilogies in 50 chapters.

Lurking and Cutter Masterson like this.