LCD Overlord (LN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Fantasy Lovers, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    *summons RGB Skull (specialized for attacking) as tank and distraction*
    *unsummons RGB Skull as soon as they regrouped*

...welp. That's a nice cameo, I guess.

2. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally lost the interest around volume 14. I think it was mentioned that even the author himself kinda lost interest at this point. I enjoyed the long world building that author was doing, but then suddenly the story start to move really fast and side characters lost their dimensions.

3. Eisvarith Devirea

Eisvarith Devirea [Mza {Valkyrie Awakens} Mya]

Reading List:
    Link
    it was never meant to be.
    its rather impressive this series has been ongoing for so long. considering the overused typical sasuga joke, not that i hate it, the author is still willing to continue and expand the story, but well, an abrupt kind of event that vol 14 is the sign everything must come to an end. what other plot this novel have would be to unravel the mystery of why satoru got transported into another world, but that would take too long. there are other paths, but author himself doesnt seem like a fan of writing daily one volume per 3 / 6 months.
    like they said when in rome do as the romans do.
    this is overlord LCD, and if what i said is considered shits by the standard of generic overlord fans, then its fucking shit.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    But we kinda know already why he was transported? At least partially know why players come to the world in the first place.

I also did not like the whole conflict between Ainz and Platinum Dragon Lord.

5. Eisvarith Devirea

Reading List:
    Link
    still 'kinda'. though if that already satisfy you then i no longer have anything to say.

i also want know to more about what happened to draconian kingdom though. the stuff about platinum dragon seems like an already decided matter with the author.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  6. Smaj

Smaj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's your opinion about the fake dragon loli and the possible experiments if ainz somehow finds a way to harness the power of wild magic by brainwashing a half true dragon lord(you gotta start young)

Eisvarith Devirea and Zone Q11 like this.
  7. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh strongest warrior of theocracy just got "olfactory" violated in other just got "anal"

8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    That was a fake epilogue by Shitori

9. Eisvarith Devirea

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont have much opinion about it, but if i had to think hard about this wont it be much more or less the same thing with Renner the Princess? Draudillon Oriculus, 'True and Fake Dragon Lord', might get even less better treatment than with Renner, or the otherwise if she proves to be more useful than Renner. i can more or less picture her as being hypnotized by Nazarick, but her fate remains unknown. To Ainz wild magic proves to be more valuable, so maybe he will assign her beside him? there are many possibilities.

as to what will happen with wild magic Ainz posses through Draudillon, i guess the outcome can already be seen. Ainz will get strong, stronger than anyone in the world, if not, one of the strongest. this is because he posses both strength the new world and the yggdrassil players have, and given Ainz lifespan and demiurge methods of livestock, collecting souls isnt that much of a trouble.

with the experiments, honestly all i can think of would be scrolls research, that is to say 'livestock skin farming'. Draudillon may go through lots of hardships. so there arent much to say about it. and those kind of thing will be left up to someone like say, Demiurge, i suppose. we can speculate Ainz to be creating magic to go back home (apocalyptical dystopian earth isnt exactly what i would call home) or maybe to find his friend. but honestly although there are bits of explanation about wild magic, there isnt much to know about its utilities. so i can only go this far. cmiiw.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  10. Smaj

Smaj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you think it could have been possible to use wild magic using scrolls?

11. Eisvarith Devirea

Reading List:
    Link
    that's not quite what I meant.

scrolls research, as to how skin and stuff in the new world had their own limitations and they have to resort themselves to find out each of those properties by going through lots of experiments on monster, in which this task being left up to Demiurge. this method can also be done the same with wild magic. wild magic source of power is souls. its not really that hard to think up ways on how to gain those souls are. for example, a question, would simply breeding lots of goblins, and then killing it, also count as gathering its souls? or is there rule or law or principles around them, it is such a question.

and no, I don't think wild magic can be used by using scrolls. unless its materials comes from True Dragon Lord if else.

12. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Smaj

Smaj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think of the possibility of a kingdom composed mostly of true dragonlords (in another continent untouched by the massacre of players)?

14. Eisvarith Devirea

Reading List:
    Link
    i wont deny there is a possibility of it exist. but with how fickle, selfish, and also solitary true dragon lords are, i doubt such nation would be a kingdom, but more of a gatherings of true dragon lords. their number wont reach more than a thousand, is what i think of it.
    unless there is a species of true dragon lords i dont know about, typical japanese glorifying their cultures, making species based only on their cultures and just call it that.

15. Smaj

Smaj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do share your sentiment on their tendency to glorify their culture. We do know pdl father was called an emperor so he must have some status right and the kingdom may not be composed mostly of dragonlords maybe offspring of dragonlords from other species and the normal demihumans and humans(imagine a kingdom entirely composed of wild magic users they might find niche uses of it)

The possibility of casting an illusion that can only be resisted by a world item is a deadly combo dddl probable uses that kind of wild magic

Eisvarith Devirea likes this.