Question If a Heterosexual person transmigrates into a Homosexual - the sexuality of new person?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Daoist Ghoul, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Daoist Ghoul

Daoist Ghoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like the title states, "If a heterosexual person dies and transmigrates into the body of a homosexual person, what would be the sexual identity of the new person? Will he be a heterosexual or a homosexual?

Imo, we have seen rotten to the core, dastardly bastards turn a saint after transmigration since it is all in the brain, they might actually change sexuality too since their brain with the new consciousness might start functioning a new way...
    Though, a eunuch or a shemale would be a different case altogether since it brings in physical features too in the equation.

2. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple, which personality overwrites the other, is the body of the homosexual just acquiring the memories of the one transmigrating or is the transmigrating heterosexual the one that takes full control. Because honestly, one could easily compartmentalize the other. I mean look at Leylin Farlier, sure he had the AI chip to make it so freaking easy in that the transmigrater was the one that took full control. You can also look at this in instance of will and if the body being transmigrated into recently died, thus the will of the former will not affect the person who's essentially now taking their place.

Ash_Kira, Sabruness and ryzesalvatore like this.
  3. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s been some research as to why more people are coming out as gay nowadays but there is no consistent scientific results. If you ask me, it was always like this, but it’s just in the past ~100 years everyone in every country hid it. It was there, just no one spoke of it. I do remember reading about in Britain (during or before ww2), 13 y/o boys were sent to dorms to try being gay, it was never spoken about thou.

I also think this is more nature vs nurture thing. Although there is definitely a connection between the mind and body, and one influences the other, in turn having a new body would cause some issues (I have never read an isekia that addressed this issue) but for men this connection is minimal.

Although it is hard to say, I think they would remain straight but they would definitely question some things.

4. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on the author

if its a CN author it ain't gonna happen
    if its JP harem and bland
    if its KR some oddly tragic/traumatic backstory and some kind of chip on the shoulder kinda story

5. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro you talking like 90% of the BL on this site isn't Chinese

6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean ts isekai

well at least I haven't seen cn ones its either STRAIGHT BL or dommy mommy revengeace

7. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    his mind say no but his body say yes
    Either deny it or accept it

Something tagged with ''Reluctant'' often end up as ''Consensual'' at the end

hypersniper159 likes this.
  8. phoenix107

phoenix107 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or the body and mind come to a compromise and they become bi XD

Steamc likes this.
  9. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    more of:
    if a girl enters a guy's body and falls for a guy, is that straight or gay?
    and vice versa

10. Nialaa

Nialaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Attractions are instinctual and something that isn't malleable, Whether this is linked more to the mind or the body is questionable but it would result in a conflict between brain and body until the person adjusted or resolved their issues. imo.

11. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty simple. Just accept that things are way too mixed up and give up thinking :3

It's like Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno. I am pretty sure at this point the author already give up giving their relationship names :v

12. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we are talking about science and our current understanding of the mechanics of attraction, there are some factors that must be taken into account.

1. There are chemical differences in the brain between straight and gay. Though other factors do play a big roll, strait people can have gay brains and visa versa, but overall brain chemistry has a big effect.

3. Environmental factors play a big roll in the individual giving themselves permission. If raised in a more accepting environment, or areas of the world where procreation has been discouraged, an individual is much more at ease choosing a lifestyle that fits them best.

2. medications like birth control and alcohol have a large effect on who women feel attracted to. Minor changes in dose or brand can have a huge effect on the type of peraon a woman wants to sleep with. I have not seen the same data for men. So I'm not sure that such things would play a big roll. For women, though, it can easily change who they want to sleep with in real time. Like I came in sober and wouldn't give you the time of day, but now I've had two and can't keep my hands off you, now at 4 you just aren't for me and I've found someone new. Explains a lot of my friends actually.

3. Women are much more likely to be bi while men are more likely to be either straight or gay. Once again, this is a generalization. So take it with a grain of salt. It does mean that bending a woman is much more likely than bending a man.

there is actually a great deal of ongoing research on this topic. New findings come out all the time. This is only a brief summary of the science that I've kept up with. In conclusion, at the moment it is believe that attraction is changeable depending on a number of factors and is likely to be affected by new body chemistry. It also has a strong physiological component so even if there is new or different attraction a person may not act on it do to the individuals expectations of their own behavior. But that does not eliminate the fact that the new attraction exists.

13. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Homosexuality just had a hard time during the Middle Ages or so until recently. Before that you had the Greeks and the Romans who, iirc, accepted homosexuality or at least it was not frowned upon and it was reasonably widespread. But yeah, I also agree that people just hid it before and if someone now lives in a society that accepts homosexuality and that person's friends and family also accept homosexuality, they are more likely to be who they truly are.

I'd say that the person would turn into a heteroflexible person. They would be mentally straight (their soul would be straight at least, no soul, no transmigration), but their body would be gay. Maybe they would get some urges and only someone of the same sex would be able to scratch that itch. Or maybe they would get unconsciously aroused by people of the same sex? Could make for a funny story, if you write the story in a fun way or you could take it as a philosophical question and go deep into the psychology of the character.
    I don't remember where I read it, but I think it was an article that said that men generally turn more gay than women when intoxicated by alcohol. So there are probably a lot of guys who are just repressing their homosexual tendencies. I think most people believe you have to be either straight, bi or gay, but you could be anywhere in-between those. Like you said, it's all being researched much and we still have lots to learn.

14. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone that is gay I feel that I got attracted more to fiction than real people. Even tho I've been in relationships with others I always feel that it would not work.

Do you guys think it's weird?

15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not?

I mean, okay, there are two basic ways to look at this.

First off, either the brain is transformed when a new spirit inhabits it, or there must be a fundamental disconnect between the physical mind and the spiritual, with the latter taking precedence. That is, the brain must be drastically, physically altered to accommodate and maintain a new personality, set of memories, etc, or the brain must just not matter. Because otherwise transmigration makes zero sense.

If the brain just does not matter, then there's a fair chance sexual orientation is unchanged, thanks to your actual brain being spiritual. Or that you become asexual, happily ignoring all chemical reactions in the brain and not having your own. Also probably sociopathic?

If the brain is physically transformed during the transmigration, well, sexual orientation is presumably retained.

Or we can just accept that transmigration makes zero sense and you assume the biology of whatever body you now possess. In which case I'm not clear on all the details, but I do think there are physiological reasons for sexuality (nature, not *just* nurture, though that may contribute too) and you'd at the very least now be bisexual, if not just homosexual. You may also have a new personality and set of memories and essentially just be a perfect replica of whoever you replaced.

In other words, don't overthink it.

16. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this discussion, it really makes you think about topics like nature vs. nurture. It also delves into philosophy, which is a favorite topic of mine

17. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that even if a person was transmigrated into another body, they would quickly lose themselves to new identity because our behaviour is mostly determined by habit and bodily instincts - i.e. karma

LeniSnow and hypersniper159 like this.
  18. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If a man transmigrated to a woman's body they ends up with a man. So I believe it will follow the body's orientation not the soul, so you're lucky if the body is bisexual.