Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, I need to work now, but below is a short summary with the important points of chapter 187, I am not so good as @kim rabbit , I am sorry:

Max holds the little flower sent by her husband lovingly, she remembers when he gave her the wildflower bouquet in Anatol, and wonders if he remembers her every time he sees a pretty flower. All anguish and fear is gone and she can only miss him. She thanks Gabel for delivering the flower.

A time of peace comes over Besmore Castle and the soldiers who once fought are now slowly rebuilding the city.

Max visits Rem, who has been neglected for a long time, and promises its that she will give her apples and carrots when they return home.

Food was scarce, supplies were running low, and meals were scanty. The King of Dristan sends supplies and Princess Riena prepares a sumptuous dinner. Everyone looks happy with the feast they haven't had in a long time, but Max doesn't feel happy and sneaks out of the feast.

While alone in the highest tower, Princess Riena approaches her. Not wanting to argue, Max gets up to leave, but that's when Riena confesses that she's always been rude to Max because she's jealous of her being married to the best man in the world. Riena says she was forced to marry when she was 16 to a man in his 70s. When her husband died she met Riftan and fell in love, but he rejected her. Max ends up staying with her for a while, perhaps out of pity.

Max tells Agnes what happened to Princess Riena, and Agnea advises her to be more vigilant. Many will want to approach her because of the power she demonstrated with the Golen Magic.

Weeks pass, former residents return to the city, trade also takes place in Besmore. Max is no longer excited to see the arrival of new visitors, thinking it's just another group of refugees.

She spends time at Besmore's rebuilt shrine, praying and planting herbs.

One peaceful day, after she prays for Riftan, she leaves the shrine and realizes that it is raining. She walks in the rain near the herb patch, savoring the smell of wet grass.

She hears footsteps and the rustle of armor, as the rain wets her face, she sees Riftan approaching, more handsome than ever. Max thinks she's lucky it's raining because he wouldn't notice the tears on her face. Riftan suddenly speaks, I'm back. Max remembers that she promised to smile for him on return. She puts a smile on her face and says welcome back.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  2. starishaa

starishaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. Such a sweet reunion. Hope Tuesday could get here faster:blobcatblush2:

3. athena1979

athena1979 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Muchas gracias, obrigado, amiga;):):)

4. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    interesting fact for today's chapter :
    1. it was riftan who was looking for maxi around Besmore, not maxi waiting for riftan's return at the gate. imagine how sweet riftan who has come home and looking for his wife because he does not see his wife welcoming him at the gate. Well, even though there's no kissing scene in front of the soldiers, today's scene is pretty sweet even though it's not dramatic.

2. Rienna married at the age of 16 with a 70-year-old man for political reasons. She suffered a lot during her marriage. Yes, what do we expect from a man of that age. in terms of stamina, maybe he has lost (what am I talking about :ROFLMAO:). She met riftan after her husband's death. SHe tried hard to seduce riftan but riftan refused. The problem is she can't forget riftan because riftan is not cruel to weak people. Rienna says that Maxi is lucky to have such a great man in the world

5. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your spoiler :):)

Asias likes this.
  6. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfectly written down, better than what I was about to post.(y)

I am so excited to hear what Riftan has to say and I bet you he will kiss her more than romantically.

mariakap, Asias, dayzz07 and 4 others like this.
  7. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and that's why I really like the way KSJ writes side/secondary charcters, they're human, have their own back story, motives, are not one dimensional (for example being bad or unfavorable to main characters for the sake of it). In simple words they're not flat.

With such characters as Rienna or even Richt I can't help but to be reminded of brilliant chinese drama I watched 'Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace', where every person has a back story and many of them do evil things and are tragic characters etc., but we get to see how often they got broken throughout their life or we simply are able to understand where they are coming from. Love when characters are simply human, not perfect virtous saints.

8. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes maybe instead of having to be remarried to an old man again, she might think it would be better if she was useful for her country in her own way. So she seduced strong men for get valuable information. Or because she never got the love and warmth of a man during her wedding

9. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if u've watched Castlevania, but Rienna might have a bit similar motives like Carmilla from Castlevania, she won't be ever again a 'slave' to some old man and she might like u said use her beauty to gain power, feel like she is master of her own fate.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  10. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are absolutely right, it makes the scene more sweet...:cry:

11. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    To spoiler angels here, countless thank you. To Kim Soo Ji, countless and countless thank you. They have never fought together in the battlefield however I'm not disappointed. I'm excited, levitated, satisfied and jubilant. Their reunion is super sweet :love::love::love: Rienna might be annoyed but I bet, nowadays, no one blames her, anymore. If there were still enough chapters, I would like KSJ to at least reveal the past, especially the stories behind the flower and iron crown. Ooo, guys, ....miss RDKs, Sejour and Quahel, so much. Wish, they were alive and good :oops::oops::oops:

I watched it but only a bit :sneaky:

12. IraHera

IraHera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Much Appreciated. Thank you Angel.. :)

13. neno97

neno97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m gonna put my shyness aside:blobcatblush:
    and ask what’s the chapters of book 2 have snsnu :blob_blush:

14. BethFrances

BethFrances Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Around chapter 119 - 123

15. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    I notice the way they meet each other is definitely similar to their 1st reunion after Riff returned from his 1st Dragon Subjugation. But, this time is sweeter ;););)

16. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the past she try to seduce Riftan but he didn't gave in because he had only eyes for Maxi.

17. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, once more, Tuesday isn't the last day of UTOT, is it? Sorry my question depressed all of you here. Honestly, same with you, I also hope for a reunion with Rosetta, Spring Festival couple dance. I hear she might give us the epilogue :( But, I'm still happy because finally she reunited them in a way that is similar to the 1st book. I'm totally okay if she gave no more chapters. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

18. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope no one interrupts them at the reunion (Ursuline...;))

19. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I mean the next chapter on next Tuesday. Is it going to be the last chapter? So far, no confirmation yet bout' at which chapter the story will be ended, right? For, I also miss Maxi's friends.

20. asagisora

asagisora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, I’m too lazy to redownload the revisioned chapters. Does anyone know if there’re any significant differences?