Discussion Wuxiaworld fell off

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The days of martial world, I can seal the heavens, demon hunter, and so many interesting novels are gone. I guess it's the price to pay by becoming more legitimate , you can't just translate anything you need approval first, there are definitely many interesting Chinese novels. Also on the flip side with Korean, japanese novels in comparison with cn novels, you wouldn't believe the staggering degree of extreme patriotism and racism in most, even if they are reborn in another world they can't escape writing 'was born on the red flag'. Disregarding those there are a lot of good ones. Unfortunately many are dropped as well. But there a lot of gems amidst the rubble of strong yet casual racism and patriotism that's as common as the naive protagonist trope. ( RAWS)

Is this the curse of readers and authors, Loving a story and then it ends due to writing block or the weird curse of misfortune status effect that give 159% increased likelihood of death, disease and injury to authors?

2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because if cn dont have those the ccp will give them the ban hammer

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    hypersniper159 likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Mao money , Mao problems.

ReaderReader likes this.
  4. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

I'm sorry I'm confused, are you claiming that JP and KR novels are more racist than CN novels? Because if so, boy do you need to read more CN novels!

Just off the top of my head, not only have I seen cultivator novels with NO REINCARNATION where they still find a way to hate on Japanese people, to this one story where the MC annihilated a culture of, get this, conjoined twin cannibal incest ninja's who definitely aren't meant to personify Japanese people. Also, have you read any Chinese modern world novels where Japanese people are either evil, incompetent etc, or just outright the MC is just randomly shit talking them for no reason.

Hopefully I'm reading it wrong and you're saying that CN novels are staggeringly more racist.

5. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CN being racist agains Jap? What did you expect? The Massacre of Beijing happened 1937, not even a century has passed, of course CN aren't going to think nicely of the JP.

6. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah: if your biggest issue with chinese novels is racist or patriotism, you either have very low standards in what novels you read or just blow the matter out of proportion. chinese novels being racist towards the japanese is a trope that existed for as long as this site did, its a complaint that I see every once in a while and I just don't get it. you know going in that there is a good chance that you will find that kind of thing and still get angry when you see it. can you at least get a little creative with your complaint.

7. Novakid

Novakid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with some of your points and disagree with some others because I feel it's biased, but I doubt Wuxiaworld fell off.
    At most I'd say they changed their target market.

8. Chillz

Chillz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would argue that CCP itself is preventing great novels from being written anymore, and a lot of the greats were written before the modern internet/social media control by the CCP. Just look at Reverend Insanity, an incredible novel, being forced to be dropped by the author by the CCP censors. What authors want to deal with that? But that results in more mediocre CN novels being written.

Kingdom's Bloodline is another example, but at least with that one, the author just decided to keep going on his own even after Qidian dropped him for being problematic. Another great novel.

9. Norame

Norame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, this site was created around 2015, and the racism between Chinese and Japanese happened way before that.

You’re right, I won’t go into politics but all those restrictions on creative works really nailed the straws here. I wouldn’t have the motivation to write if I’m that restricted, though they could get creative and find some loopholes somehow

10. Chillz

Chillz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a scandal years ago of a popular translated CN novel which turned out to be an original work by the translator. He was pretending to translate when in reality he was the author himself. He only got caught because the novel was so popular that people wanted to find the novel and read ahead, and realize it doesnt actually exist.

My point is that the CCP censors are getting so bad that authors are now considering just having it written into English directly with the help of translators, so that even if the CCP bans the Chinese versions, they have an audience outside that can keep it going. Especially since so many overseas Chinese cant read it anyway but still enjoy the works. Thats partly how Wuxiaworld came into popularity.

11. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    In these novels another way to avoid the CCP is by praising the government excessively in the novel itself. Also ruins it.

12. unlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand what you are saying, my point was that if you are a novel reader the chinese didn't just start putting their anti-japanese hate into their novels all of a sudden. anyone who has been reading chinese novels since this site was started should know that song and dance by now. which is why I called it an uncreative and pointless complaint.

13. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only that but wuxiaworld turned into budget webnovel lol

14. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why people like you bother commenting is beyond me, right back at you, if you feel my opinion is lacking then don't come talking down insinuating you have sophisticated taste, I was merely making an observation of the broad Chinese novels currently updating raws. For single pieces of trash as soon as see it's trashiness like racism I drop without even commenting or leaving a review for translated novels.

You must be the self absorbed plot critical type who screams 1 dimensional, no character development, etc etc everywhere fir casual novels. You're type should stick to books and stop butting in when you know nothing . Let me ask you them, since racism and patriotism are so trivial in Chinese novels then what's the biggest issue or lack there of then? Enlighten me oh wise one.

15. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. Where do you read now?

16. unlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean Novels, don't tend to suffer from the same issues of chinese ones for the most part if you can pick the correct ones. though with korean novels there is always the issue of a sudden shitty ending that doesn't make sense so always keep that in mind.
    with chinese novels, try to avoid any novel that is above a certain number of chapters. I have come to the conclusion that if the author had no plan to ending the novel within a certain chapter limit their story tends to consist of one arc that is repeated over and over and over again except the names of the area and characters other than the MC change. occasionally you find stories like Zhui xu that are very long but still very good if only angry banana would step up his posting again but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.
    also unironically try reading books, I have made a fun game of reading a history book about a major historical figure and seeing if common criticism like plot armor and the plot not making sense can be applied to it as well. you will come to discover that certain events in history are stranger than fiction.
    I have for the most part given up on japanese novels, unless I read reviews saying that a particular one breaks the mold of the typical japanese MC, I just don't touch them anymore.
    TLDR: stick to korean novels and a handful of chinese novels, japanese novels are a lost cause for the most part. also treating a history book the way you treat webnovels can in some instances be quite fun.

Deus1 likes this.
  17. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love the advice, think it is agreeable. Seems quite fun. You should try historical chinese webnovels such as grandmaster strategist. It is long and not your typical repeat same settings with new names over amd over again

unlucky likes this.
  18. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Chinese government has reined in the online literature freedom, it's all just hush hush now I guess.

For wuxiaworld it's easier to get kr and jp novels licence then cn ones, even then they are most likely double checked to see if it has any "demeaning" aspects to their traditions and history.

19. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    funnily enough mao has killed far more than what jp did upwards of hundreds of millions of people. great leap forward was a man made famine and created extreme poverty. Cultural revolution led to rape and killings of people deemed not communist enough. country wide lawless purge basically. I dont see on what grounds chinese people have to hate jp more than their own gov.

20. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Mao did much harm, however we aren't talking about who did more harm and caused more death. We're talking about why the CN don't like JP. A foreign nation invaded the capital(trampling all over their pride), and then proceeded to go on a six week spree of mass rape, mass murder and mass looting, on top of that the JP refuse to admit that the crime happened. Add in the fact that this is recent history, and you have your reason why CN don't like the JP.