Request Novels with plenty of chapters and no major demerits? Things like Bookworm/Release that Witch/ISSTH

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Novelupdatesaccount1, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Novelupdatesaccount1

Novelupdatesaccount1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for novels that are flying under most peoples radar which have plenty of chapters/volumes and no major demerits.

Major demerits being things that would make you feel anger at the author, disgust or ruin immersion. Examples:
    1. Doormat MCs
    2. Glorification of slavery
    3. Sexual abuse
    4. Abusive familial relationships
    5. Overly flat worlds
    As for a few novels which meet these requirements:
    1. Kumo Desu Ga
    2. Coiling Dragon
    3. Dungeon Defense
    4. Ascendance of Bookworm
    5. Tales of Herding Gods
    6. Lord of the mysteries
    7. ETC...
    I recently ran into a pretty good novel which meets these requirements, has 5 volumes and I had never heard of before "fushi no kami" and wanted to ask if anyone knew any other underrated or underdiscussed novels like this?

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Rakuin no Monshou

runsing and Novelupdatesaccount1 like this.
  3. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd recommend Reverend Insanity however since Glorification Of Slavery is a Major Demerit to you ah well.

Perhaps Release That Witch, My House Of Horrors and Throne of Magical Arcana though I haven't read these but they seem to fit your criteria.

Soul Of Negary and Warlock Of The Magus World are also novels I like but they also contain your Major Demerits.

Novelupdatesaccount1 likes this.
  5. Truciderete

Truciderete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like Trash of the Count’s Family I think that might be something you are looking for.

6. Novelupdatesaccount1

Novelupdatesaccount1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity is fine as slavery is still a bad thing in it. What I take issue with are series where slavery is glorified as something okay or desirable. Mostly an issue in JP novels.

Things like Death March, shield hero or Slave harem in the labyrinth

7. Hsu 666

Hsu 666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I just want to freeload your luck " you might like it

8. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend Of The Great Sage - Awesome MC
    Martial Arts Master - awesome romance
    Swallowed Star - Awesome world building
    Desolate Era - OG Cultivation novel
    Cultivation Chat Group - Awesome comedy, it doesn't even get dull in the later chapters, only better.

9. cringeassusername

cringeassusername Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure dungeon defense has abusive familial relationships as a major theme

10. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon Defense is a novel that had the most descriptive physical and mental abuses i have read.

A Will Eternal - From the same author as ISSTH, so vibes are similar with a lot of comedy in it.
    Lord Xue Ying - IET novel (Coiling dragon author) he has his style and if you liked CD you likely to like this one too
    The Nine Cauldrons - Another IET novel, same as the above except this one is shorter and doesn't go above their current realm.
    The Legendary Mechanic - Pragmatic protagonist, can get annoying at times but the overall story is one of the better ones, and if you don't mind sci-fi elements its definitely worth a shot.
    Throne of Magical Arcana - From the same author as the lord of mysteries. The world-building is good the magic system is solid (IMHO) protagonist is smart and all that but my main issue with this novel was how the author kept giving us way too much scientific explanations which could be hard to read through, and also in my personal opinion, I think that the "CHEAT" MC had taken away from the story instead of adding to it.
    World of Cultivation - One of the better traditional cultivation novels, I personally think it's worth a shot to anyone who enjoys a genre.
    Infinite Bloodcore - This one is a bit trickier, there is only book one translated and I think it had phenomenal plots twists and reveals at the end of it but it also had plenty of issues, like the author padding the story to fit as many words as possible, etc.