Spoiler The raven duchess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rika77, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
  2. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also rooting for the CP Fiancee Blanche to become stronger!

The last time I saw random female characters with agency supporting each other in an eurocentric Fantasyland was in the feminist webtoon KINGDOM OF THE QUEEN where there are four formidable female MCs and several strong female supporting characters taking down the patriarch system + There is no ML at all ;)

By the way, the blonde scheming manipulative Duke ML Winterfeld is quite annoying for not letting his FL go (Trying to trap her in his plot by revealing a dangerous secret) but he is still better than his cousin the black haired shit head Tyrant. Anyone is better than that scumbag.
    Melisa had impressively the guts to say NO to the ML's offer; but because he kept getting involved with her our FL become's the target of the fickle petulant jealous Manchild Tyrant (In Chapter 12 she could have saved herself without the meddling help of Louis). It's Louis's fault that the Tyrant wants to destroy her store/life and take her tools which gave her no choice but to join the ML....!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    assiralc_, Desperate and Emma626 like this.
  3. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its rather apparent that she was going to be punished without his help at that point, she has neither the status or standing to cease it from occurring. As far as the ML.. he did let her go; didn't even attend the Salon gathering. He was more just providing cover because 'welp don't want her to get screwed over because she was seen with him by that jerkass'. So he sent his best aid to make sure nothing occurred.

Tobbit likes this.
  4. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    We can only speculate what could/would have happened, if the FL just (pretended to/superficially) apologize publically due to the sexist idiot tyrant's order without the sudden surprising interference of the ML.
    When ML's subordinate Louis came to her aid, it only provoked further the scum tyrant and increased his suspicion/paranoia.
    I argue the FL knew what she was doing in front of the worthless CP manchild before Louis came to rescue her.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  5. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Suppose? But it was a direct breach of etiquette even if by accident. Hes a lot of negative things, but the CP isn't completely stupid. He called her on that charge using* intentionally his Fiance (against her will) he was going to go after her and win, either way without interference at that point. The only real speculation I suppose is would she be better of having received it.. or having gotten the help.. Though I assume this will drive her into those who would prefer ..someone else in change rather than the current occupants. Namely the Duke (it really should be a grand duke though I suppose it depends on the system they are trying to emulate either way its heavily exaggerated xD)

6. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end the Duke ML got her... Whether it was intentional, accidental or lucky coincidence.
    I have to point out that I ve seen enough scheming MLs in Fantasy Romance Melodrama Stories who need to save their own ass or win a throne always cause huge trouble for their reluctant helpful FL.
    The appearance of a royal ML who invite himself in a FL's peaceful, stable or ordinary life will put her more in danger...
    It's pattern that I ve been noticing everytime a ML with royal blood and high stakes baggage comes close to his usually lower social class FL who will become everyone's target and suffer for it!

Irregular Empress + The Villain Discovered My Identity + I Can See Your Death + My Sister Picked up the Male Lead etc...

Speaking of... Remember the trope where 'the good girl next door finds a very wounded man, she nurse him back to health, turns out he is a very dangerous powerful man with many enemies, he becomes obsessed with her and she starts facing lots of dangerous situations because of him...'? Does everyone with a huge ego dick has to fall in love with their saviour in the Romance Drama genre world?
    Can't count how many romance writers from different countries have been using this convenient cheap very old classic cliché!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    Tobbit likes this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump

It honestly makes me feel sad how underrated this series is when the scanlation team I found really wants to continue this series (after reading the latest translated manhwa chapter) but no replies at all, not to mention with an official version, we'd have to wait months. Any novel spoilers or is this an OGwork?

Jian Yue and Emma626 like this.
  8. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. I'm confused with the manhwa chapter 30 end of the arc scene. Why did the faceless count pull the gun and shot at MC? In all technicalities, she is STILL the guest of the Duke AND a certified appraiser. Insulting her for making a point for laughing at a widow's suffering and hurting your pride is not enough reason to pull out the dropped gun

9. Hiyami

Hiyami Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, he didn't pull out the gun. The widow sort of threw the gun onto the floor and then the faceless count was going on his rant, he accidentally kicked the gun and it missfired.

I think the widow might have crocked the gun when she confronted her brother-in-law and didn't put the safety back on when she threw it down. So that's what sort of happened. You can see in one of the panel that the faceless count kicked the gun while he's waxing poetically about how our MC is no-one of import.

10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Anybody got novel spoilers? Is the wizard employed by ML the 2ML? I had to double check the cover for s2 of the manhwa and was curious who the black haired man is. It couldn't be POS CP (at least I hope it isn't him).

I even had to reread the series again. Can't believe the main purpose here is to make sure the jewels in a crown are switched back to original rare diamonds. But with the way things are going, its much easier for ML to just get the throne. Although its a wonder if the leads end up together in the end

11. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Reinforcement of cliché tropes in ch41:
    The antaginist Crown Prince's mother is a maid, is only immture toxic and an ass because he never grew up with healthy love or good honest people, he obviously becomes more obsessed with the FMC just because she is the only woman able to stand up against him/gives a piece of her mind/question him.......
    I really like the Heroine but her potentional love-interests are just annoying stock character manchildren who have to bother a more mature smart bold woman.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  12. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Bump. Anybody got new spoilers? At least on the new chubby merchant woman? Will she be friend or foe? I already had a bad feeling when she initially spoke in a foreign tongue first but the noblewoman beside her whom MC helped before didn’t seem to react much. The bigger red flag was her getting attracted to ML when it was already rumored he’s devoted to his wife

13. MariaAthenaKYu

MariaAthenaKYu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Chapter 63, The duchess got poisoned... Anyone tell me who did it and why? How was this resolved?

14. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion/spoiler request

Now what exactly are CP and the red haired woman/his public “‘mistress” planning now?

15. Sagamasa

Sagamasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the latest chapter and the last panel said that FL passed away? Can someone give spoiler what happened after that? it's just a bluff right?

16. Chrana234

Chrana234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No because, he gave his lifespan to save her.
    Btw, the CP is actually want to owned the MC.
    Still got the guts to say it when he got fiancee and his mistress the one who poisoned MC.

17. Sagamasa

Reading List:
    Link
    Now can someone spoil me about the CP ending? He is an a**hole, he has fiancee and mistress but he wants FL????

18. gaya79

gaya79 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this based on a novel? i want to reaaad

19. Sagamasa

Reading List:
    Link
    any more spoiler please?

20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion/Spoiler Request

The king knowing the crowd's jewels were fake all along is surprisingly the biggest plot twist