What was your most horrifying and bothering dream/nightmare?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LeniSnow, Oct 1, 2022.

1. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really scary but bothering
    When I was 6 I remember the dream started with me waking up and hearing someone say pssstt... pssst, like trying to get my attention, got shivers tried looking for an adult my grandma but couldn't find any, I was alone in the house, went back to the room and saw the cabinet door was open, being a small kid my vision could only reach so much so when I got closer and looked up, I saw a head, smaller than a human head but definitely bigger than a gnome smiling. It didn't feel ominous and was almost friendly like it wants to take me away, so I went closer and thought maybe this is just a small man and his body hidden behind the walls of the cabinet putting on a prank so I went out and looked at the other room that's behind the cabinet wall and no matter how I look between, the wall on the other side didn't have a hole in it or is there a person and that's when it click that it's not person but a being so I run to the living room, I woked up standing right there and finally seeing my grandma which I was looking for a while ago. It didn't felt like a dream so up to now I am wondering.

There was once where I was dreaming while having sleep paralysis. I couldn't move my body but could look to my side and there saw the shadow of a kid kneeling right beside the bed, pure black, can't see the face but I can feel it looking at me. Although I can't move my body I tried looking to my left and saw the body of a tall man no head dressed in a formal suit standing on the bed, right on top of my mother's head. So I was trying to wake up extra hard while my brain is projecting me those.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Eat_Angst, Blossom_Honey and Aki9012 like this.
  2. Orris

Orris 『 最 強 ⑨ ~ 』

Reading List:
    Link
    ....ummm ( ° ▽ ° ✿)
    it was when i was younger, but i saw someone that looked like my mom in the family kitchen.
    she didnt respond to anything i said and we just stared at each other before it gouged its eyes out and turned into a furred spider two times the size of a human that started oozing black sludge on everything it touched. i had to run away from it and at some point the sky turned grayer or darker until it became night but then i fell off a cliff.

3. Aki9012

Aki9012 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My nightmare was in an olympians fighting on chariots as a huge audience cheers them on (through the seatings in a massive outdoor gymnasium) sorta thing.. except I was crying my lungs out for help in the audience since the person on the center stage of this gymnasium was not an Olympian god.. it was my little brother, running for his life as a tiger chased after him. But no one could hear me. People kept cheering on. Ultimately I tried to get down towards the stage through some stairs but fell and woke up. I felt very guilty even facing my brother irl after that dream... It felt like I wanted something like this to happen to him or something. Thinking about it still gets to me to this day... stupid as it is :facepalm:.

Orris, Blossom_Honey and LeniSnow like this.
  4. SleepyGrey

SleepyGrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say it's the most horrifying one, but it was gruesome to see. Me and my family were struggling to survive in some odd RPG-like world and my sister's legs were injured after a long battle, so she couldn't move properly yet. While I was preparing food for everyone, a roar sounded out and echoed for a while. The ground shook as I began to tidy up and prepare for what's coming. However, by the time I came out of my tent to defend my injured sister, she was already being eaten alive and all I saw was her flesh, bones, and organs being chewed and swallowed by the monster.

I checked my left to see where my brothers were, but I caught no sight of them. I quickly went back into my tent to make bait for the monster to lure it away from my sister and I threw it some distance away from us, while it was busy distracted with the bait, I went to my sister's half eaten corpse. It wasn't the the blood or the gruesome sight that made me wake up, it was the fact that I had failed to protect my family that terrified me. I felt so strongly that I was a failure in my dream.

But then, I woke up and saw my sister peacefully sleeping beside me, so all is good. Hopefully now and in the future.

Blossom_Honey, Orris and LeniSnow like this.
  5. Aki9012

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, both of those sound like they might possibly be hallucinations you had while you were awake rather than asleep... I'm curious tho, could the black kid and headless man thing you saw during sleep paralysis be your brain's idea of sleep paralysis demons?

LeniSnow likes this.
  6. LeniSnow

Reading List:
    Link
    I have vague memory of them now but they were just dreams, there was a jolt every time a came into. I guess that the dreams to a child me was too much realistic that my brain feels like it is real even now.
    They could be~ it was the release of the insidious movie that time so my subconscious probably kept that to scare me, usually visions you see in during paralysis are the crisp dreams of when REM “spill over” into waking consciousness like a dream coming alive before your eyes.

Aki9012 likes this.
  7. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my dream I was bitten by a snake, and I was trying to get my brother to get me to the hospital. He kept delaying it as I got progressively worse more numb/slurring. Finally we get there, and I apologize to the nurses for bothering them, and request help. Finally at that time after struggling to consciousness, and then losing consciousness once more to that barely lucid state I wake up fully. When I do I realize that I can't move my body, and so I start getting really worried once more. Finally I was able to move my body, but for a while I was pretty scared.

8. Midnight_Dreamscape

Midnight_Dreamscape Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh.. Back when I was in third grade, it was around halloween, I had a dream were I was walking in a museum late at night for some reason.

I think I may have been left behind by my school on a field trip or something(I don't like getting lost).

So there was barely anyone there, and I couldn't find the door out. The lights were on tho, it wasn't too bright nor was it dim and creepy.

Then I eventually met with police officer who said I wasn't supposed to be there. I told them I was lost, and couldn't find my way out of the museum(I was crying?). They pointed behind me to the other side of the exhibition hall we were in, and there was a door outside that I somehow didn't notice earlier.

I thanked the police officer, and somehow the artifact in their hand ended up in my hand(we did some sort of weird exchange, I think he put the artifact out and I automatically grabbed it). When approaching the door to outside, I examined the artifact thingie. It was a chalk thing in a styrofoam cup/plate(looked like a kid's art project TBH). IDK why, but I really wanted to get rid of it. Maybe because I didn't want to get in trouble later for inadvertently stealing museum stuff later?

I was too embarrassed to return it to the police officer(because I was at the museum so late, I didn't wanna waste his time and because I didn't see the door), so I just took it. The doors to outside were automatic, so they opened for me when I approached. It was super dark outside, and I saw some dark bushes/lumps to the right.

Then I just chucked that artifact at the bushes. All of a sudden I saw a leggless and armless maniquin with blood dripping from its eyes and mouth, as well as the previously mentioned cut off bits

I woke up at 11pm with a rapidly beating heart.

This is one of the only dreams from my childhood I remember since I almost don't dream anymore.

9. Aki9012

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, did you watch insidious as a little kid? I imagine the kid you did not know what you were in for very well at the time(⁠+⁠_⁠+⁠)... I'm now kinda glad to have never experienced sleep paralysis if that's what it's like, ngl :blobpeek:.

LeniSnow likes this.
  10. LeniSnow

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like sleep paralysis, definitely scary the first time.
    Make sure to drink water before sleep.

11. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I got my taste of sleep paralysis but it could have just been a weird dream so here it is:

It was like that dawn period where the sun was out but it was a weekend so it was too early to get up. Because of this the sunlight was basically somewhat coming through my curtains on my face (kinda relevant)

I was sleeping on my side and it was one of those where I couldn’t really tell if I was awake or asleep. Suddenly, I felt a pressure on myself and a sort of hissing-clicking noise that wasn’t loud but started to become more and more persistent. It felt like someone was holding me down and was stuck to my back: my mind immediately went to demon. So, as someone terrified right now and was completely incapable of screaming for help, I did the next best thing and just kept praying with all my might - surprisingly this actually worked and my mouth started loosening up and slowly I started to push against the force. I turned my head slowly to get a good look at this demon and it was somehow morbidly fascinating and horrifying to see in the backdrop of sunlight this inverted rounded triangle head looking silhouette staring right back at me.

After that, I just kinda woke up and was relived that I never got to see it’s face properly.

Looking back, this isn’t really that scary but it was still pretty stressful and my first experience at being (almost) possessed I guess.

Another horrifying dream I had was that I was stuck in this dark and grimy building and it was just so claustrophobic: it was driving me insane how everything was so disgusting and dirty and there was no place of reprieve, just this boxed in cramped and derelict building that seemed to exist in its own space and reality. I cannot begin to express how maddening it was to be in there, it was driving me to the brink of insanity and breakdown, just trapped in there with no escape, no reprieve, touching anything and it’d be the most grimiest and disgusting feeling in the world. Genuinely one of the most disturbing dreams I’ve had, honestly would rather face ET the paralysis demon over this one any day.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    LeniSnow likes this.
  12. Ruggit

Ruggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never remembered any 'scary' dreams because they are just dreams to me, nothing important enough to remember; I've had plenty of scary ones sure but 3 seconds after waking up I proceed to not care. The only dreams I've been able to remember past a month were 2 from when I was ~7 or so, and 1 from when I was a young teen. The young teen one only stuck with me because of how disgusting/bothering it was; it was a completely random dream for 99% of it but at the very end my subconscious decided to sabotage me and mix close family with sexual :sick:. I think the only reason I've kept it in my memory is because its the ultimate 'naked grandma' thought when you are in dire straits :ROFLMAO:. The ones that keep me messed up on the daily that have been in my head for over a decade are the '7 year old ones'. Basically 2 dreams that have to do with extreme attention seeking behavior and the yearning for pity. The main one goes something like this. School takes a field-trip to a park or somewhere similar, and there is a fantasy rehab center of sorts, where the people inside have some terminal illness only contactable through the abuse of some heavy drug or something similar, and they need to go there daily/weekly or whatever to treat it. Rather than being with the class, I was in the rehab center (as a little kid, in such a context its kinda funny in afterthought) and they happened to see me as they were touring. The sense of euphoric pleasure I felt from being different as a 'rebel', and from the pitiful look of classmates sends shivers down me to this day. It was definitely a window into my deep, deep subconsciousness that I've never wanted a clear look into. I've never shared this dream of mine to anyone, but I'll tell you that I've been as straight-edged as possible ever since. I guess I scared myself straight :D

LeniSnow likes this.
  13. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a dream….where everyone was putting an object… into their mouth getting inflated like a big balloon.…what if they exploded? I didn’t want blood and organs to explode everywhere messing my clothes…thus i was bothered…by it…..

14. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I had this dream twice. The second time I knew what to expect so in my dream I told myself to wake up as the thing was approaching. It was a dreadful feeling. I remember I was hiding behind a rock begging myself to wake up. As for the actual dream... I don’t remember I just knew I had to wake up. I remember a robot that followed a set path and a dark house.

15. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I got eaten by a python-nya... a really big one...

LeniSnow and hypersniper159 like this.
  16. sleepandeatallday

sleepandeatallday [Goddess of Chaos] [An unprofessional therapist]

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was eight, I dreamt that I was enjoying the sunset at a beach and then I saw something distant in the sea. When I looked closer, it was an army or skeleton coming towards me. I ran and they chased me and then I woke up. *shivers* it was scary...

LeniSnow likes this.
  17. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    I have this dream, always on repeat. I find it annoying this time but before, twas creepy ah.

LeniSnow likes this.
  18. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I once had a strange dream where a lady sitting in a white office room with a old blue fix phone and a laptop that says strange things
    [​IMG]

LeniSnow likes this.
  19. SkySolluna

SkySolluna Moon Warrior

Reading List:
    Link
    Reoccurring dream..

LeniSnow likes this.
  20. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nightmares will only occur if you dont pray to your GOD. Ive never had a bad dream for years now.. Im a Christian.. praying before going to sleep helps.. also dont overthink. The more you are scared of ghosts or spirits the more you are likely to think of them. Avoid scary movies.. scary movies are made to grow fear in us.. It feeds negative energy to the spirits around you