Spoiler I Failed to Divorce My Husband

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by fireflying, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Tibera02

Tibera02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone, would you please tell me where can i find the raw novel to read??
    It's okay even in spanish, chinese or else :cry::cry::cry:
    Gourmetscan never update since 3 months ago, i'd go crazy for waiting so long..
    please anyone help me :(

he has, he looks 10 years younger without the mustache :D
    and he kinda looks like different person at all (y)

aaaa please continue the next part ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    agathe and Enmea like this.
  2. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler on the MC's family?

3. mozzybites

mozzybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhwa reader review
    Ooooo~ this is actually interesting! I read the synopsis and honestly, I was NOT impressed. It seemed very typical and cliche since so many stories are like this nowadays… but the first chapter or prologue, pleasantly surprised me. Usually in situations like this where ML rejects, the MC is typically like “Why!? I don’t understand”, basically very ditzy, dumb and in denial.. usually very confused why ML doesn’t hate them (even tho the reason is obvious)… but here we have an MC who seems to be the opposite, she seems to think he’ll be happier this way but also is happy that he said no! I’m quite interested in where this’ll go, I hope it doesn’t turn into the situation I just described but continues on with The route that was shown in the prologue.

My review after the latest chapter I’ve seen
    10/10!! This is so interesting, the MC isn’t an op genius but is still intellectual, she has a base level of understanding on those w trauma and this is shown through her understanding and establishing that ML had already had a fear and disgust of physical touch prior to their engagement. She begins building trust and trying to provide the ML with suggestions on how to manage and cope with his fear of physical touch, but she never forces him and is very supportive. We also see how she deals with the MLs parents, they aren’t bad people but weren’t the best or most ideal parents. She didn’t just hand them the answer (abt him being abused) but allowed them to figure out everything on their own. She didn’t just upright tell them there was an issue with the Nanny, but gave them enough clues to start sowing the seeds of doubt. We also see that both parents have their own trauma, which doesn’t mean they’re free from blame… but we do get perspective as well as to watch them try and repent for their neglect, we also see them struggle with their own relationships because of their lack of communication and ability to properly express themselves (something also evident with how they treat their child). It’s a great story so far, it’s got some cliches but they’re well written, they aren’t cluttering the story like some authors tend to do. The pacing is nice as well. I really am enjoying this!!

this is the first manhwa I’m reluctant to read the spoilers on!! I rarely feel this way, I’m actually more keen to wait this one out then read through spoilers!! (Very rate for someone as impatient as I). I can’t wait to see where this story goes, I hope I’m not disappointed.

Creolenerd likes this.
  4. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that the manhwa is 10/10, especially after Logan shaves his moustache off :blobsmirk: He looks exactly like Aiden (or the other way around :blobpats:), just the hair color is different

By.Eve, rock.doll and mozzybites like this.
  5. mozzybites

mozzybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally really liked his moustache!! He looked so cute but also very handsome. Admittedly he’s still handsome now. But he looks like your very typical black haired ML. Nothing wrong with that but i miss his moustache!!:blobmelt:

(btw realised in my last comment under my review I said that mc wasn’t “an op genius”, this is an explanation for that just in case anyone wonders. when I said that I meant that in a positive way. I don’t typically like characters that are too op for no plausible reason. Like just bc you die once, it doesn’t make sense for you to remember every detail about a book you read months ago, for you to utilise information that you have no reason to know, etc. some authors do the whole “genius” reincarnate/re-birth characters well, while a lot of authors just slap it into their stories without thinking any of it through making a lot of scenarios, decisions, paths the mc takes very unrealistic and just lame, and since this is a popular trope (whether it’s done well or not) it gets predictable and just boring. So it’s very nice to see a SENSIBLE character that is reasonably smart as well as understanding, she truly represents someone her age and imo, is an accurate depiction on what id expect of someone who is/was 29y/o. She isn’t overly smart and she doesn’t recall every insignificant speck of information like a lot of mc’s somehow do. She is a great character amongst a sea of unreasonable MCs.. a breath of fresh air if you will. Hoping and praying the author doesn’t jeopardise any of the characters!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  6. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2022-9-24_19-7-22.jpeg

upload_2022-9-24_19-6-5.jpeg
    :blobsmirk::blobsmirk:

7. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still hate ML's parents, like their child was being abused and they knew nothing despite being so called Duke and duchess who is only second to the royal family my a**.

8. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ML's parents have another child?

It's common for children of aristocracy to be raised by their nannies. in this case both the ML's mother and father have poor communication and think the other one doesn't care about them but both want to do best by their family that they love dearly (this includes the ML).
    the Duchess was also very insecure about asserting her role as the ML's mother, due to her feeling responsible that the ML almost died as an infant during birth (she blames herself for being "weak-bodied" ) that is why she trusted the nanny to the ML's unofficial guardian.
    It was only until she saw how different her son was with the FL, did she realize something was not right and did an investigation.

9. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, I also against child neglect and child abuse. But imho, ML's parents deserve a second chance. Initially both of them are terribly inexperienced parents. They got into an arranged marriage at really young age and faced with a hateful stepmom/mother in law. Erin is lucky bcs Bella (ML's mom) is kind and actually wished for her son's happiness.

Logan (ML's dad) was raised by his stepmom without love and constantly under pressure (or even got abused too), which made him grow up lacking common sense, no one taught him how crucial the "power of communication" is in a relationship. Also him being an illegitimate child also affected how previous duchess treated Bella, so his priority was gaining power to protect his wife and son. At the same time, Bella who was slowly broken by duchess's influence tried to ask for his help when he’s busy with a lot of things (he was in military and also managing business). Both of them didn't tell each other their problems and in the end just drifting away from each other.

At first Bella also wanted to raise Aiden by herself but the elders criticized her a lot for her decision. Without anyone to lean on and no one was there to support her, what else could she do back then? She already gave up on her husband and just followed what previous duchess and the elders told her.

If not for Erin, she probably won't know what happened to her son because she already blindly believe that nanny. She probably didn't even think that humans changed. Before being a wife, she was a sheltered young lady who doesn't know how wicked human could be. And for Logan, he always thinks that he doesn't deserve to meddle with his wife and son's life because he's the one who neglect them first.

So I think it's okay to blame them but prolonged hate towards them is unnecessary imo. There's a lot worse manhwa parents than them (who actually abused or killing their children in ognovel or before the child regressed). Tbh, what ogErin did to him in ognovel was also bad enough compared to his parents. So yeah, this Erin really did a good job mending the familial bonds.

10. Pathetic Angels

Pathetic Angels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways... Does anyone have any spoilers about this Yulia Charter girl in this timeline? Will she be good or will she be the cliche villainess that hates FL?

11. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the same, I don’t like when the ml was in love with other girl in his previous life

Creolenerd and Jeonsolmi like this.
  12. Ilana

Ilana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am reading this and it seems like the nanny molests the ten year old ML in the name of “marriage education”

Herbie420 likes this.
  13. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
  14. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely: Why do you think so? They tend to tone it down for manhwa version, perhaps you see/read the hints somewhere?

Emma626 likes this.
  15. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 21 in manhwa

16. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks buddy.

17. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the whole novel and there wasn't a hint about it, but you can see his trauma response. He's disgusted by anyone's touch not afraid. In my personal opinion, I was hit and suffered from harassment. The difference between the two is, when you are physically abused you get scared from human touch. While when you were se*ually harassed, you feel disgust. This is only my opinion. For someone who rolls down in the training room holding swords you get physically injured a lot, so a few hits from that nanny would hurt but not to the extent of making him flinch and nauseous at the touch of someone else. There's definitely something more.

*Not that I'm undermining physical abuse

The most important thing to ha-neul was the people she loved.
    So she wanted to love and be loved.
    In every moment of choice, Ha-neul made a choice for her people, no matter what the sacrifice was.
    It was nice to make loved ones laugh because of her.
    She would die for them.
    But when she really needed them, no one was there. There was always an unavoidable circumstance.
    She didn't give them love to get it back, but it was terribly lonely.
    She understood though.
    There must have been something unavoidable or busy, maybe the timing wasn't right.
    still Ha-neul loved them.
    But instead of being rewarded for her sincerity, her sincerity was thrown away and trampled on.

This is the main reason she insisted on divorce. When I read her life as Yun Ha-neul, I've come to realize that she was afraid of love but at the same time obsessed with Aiden to the point of not being able to be rational about it.
    When she lived as Ha-neul, her parents abandoned her after divorce, still lived through it, made friends, started her career and had a boyfriend. But she was betrayed. After submitting her resignation letter, she went back home to her boyfriend but she found him with her best friend. Now as Erin she recognizes that Aiden loves her, and she loves him too, they both know it but at the same time she was scaredand hated to see Aiden and Julia together. So before that, it was better to get a divorce. What changes her mind was the 2 week grace period, Aiden demanded. She decides to forsake the original and just lives with him but at the same time warns him, that she will never let go. It's funny but both of them are super jealous and obsessed with the other.
    She realized that difference between Erin and Yun Ha-neul is wide. One has authority and power, the other didn't. Which basically means that if Aiden decides to stay with her, no matter what happens she will fully uses her authority to stop him from meeting whatever other woman out there. Or even do something bad...

18. Pathetic Angels

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get a spoiler about what happened to the elders? Especially the Jenerson or smth family? The dude that is hot tempered and carry stick around? He really pisses me off

Nikibunny and Emma626 like this.
  19. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    well. That old man with the baton will try to hit Erin but Aidan gets hit instead, as he hit the heir of the duchy he was held accountable in front of the emperor. His family was fired from the elders council, he no longer belongs to the duchy's vassals. The other elders understood the warning and took a step back. But will definitely come back. As they definitely don't get the warning
    Or maybe it's been years so they need a reminder.
    Elders. Huh the irony. I feel like they're anything but old.

20. Pathetic Angels

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahhthank you, I hope all of those old geezers suffer for the rest of their life

Emma626 likes this.