Question Was there an alternate Harry Potter ending?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Yuexkyo2, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Yuexkyo2

Yuexkyo2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been around 15 years since I've read the series and I've forgotten most of the storyline, but what I'm interested in was the ending after Voldemort died. I remembered that I had read an ebook that was supposed to be the final Harry Potter book but the ending after Voldemort's death for the book was very different and dark (which made me realize it wasn't a real HP book).

In that book, as Harry and the magic world was recovering after Voldemort's death, somehow Dudley got something that belonged to Voldemort and it made him realize that he can be the next Voldemort. His mother was horrified when she found him using dark magic and wanted to contact Harry. Dudley then either left or killed his parents before running away into the darkness.

In the epilogue was Harry holding his scar as he arrived at the Dursley's house and a prophecy similar to Harry's original the chosen one prophecy (I don't remember what but basically alluding it would be Harry/Harry's child vs Dudley).

Does this book exist? Did I imagine this ending? Was this a fanfic? Did anyone remember reading this or did I read HP's ending from an alternate world?

P.s. if it's a fanfic, can you tell which one, I want to reread these scenes again.

UndyingSLIME10295 likes this.
  2. _etro_

_etro_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

It feels like fanfic to me but too bad i dont know about it either. Not really solving your problem but maybe there are fanfic like that in ffn or ao3.

But i will camp here cause it seems interesting :blobcozy:

3. Ceri

Ceri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping, i hope the ff author wrote the continuation :blobsip:

4. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not an official continuation. As for the chance of it being a fanfic, most probable. The cursed child was the last one written by Jk Rowling herself, I think.

5. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    Rowling didn't even write The Cursed Child herself, it was written by Jack Thorne based on a story that he and John Tiffany created with contribution from Rowling.

Anyway that sounds like an interesting fanfic, hope someone finds it haha

UndyingSLIME10295 likes this.
  6. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm. The book in question feels like a cursed child AU. Most fanfics that are good dont use Harry as the main charecter.