Question Is reverend insanity well known in the novel world?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Hidetaka Miyazaki, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Hidetaka Miyazaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title please answer.

2. aLunatic

aLunatic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, even though I don't like the way MC acts, I can understand. It may not be for you, but you can't say it's bad because it's not and that's a fact.

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never heard of it except here.

It's up to interpretation whether I may or may not represent "everyone".

Kekboi97 and hypersniper159 like this.
  6. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if one is interested in webnovels and especially Chinese webnovels, then it is well-known. For people who are only reading published novels I have my doubts. It has very little reviews on goodreads.

Astaroth likes this.
  7. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already read the novel and it is my favourite of all time. I am not familiar with the traditional novel world since I mostly read LNs and webnovels which is why I posted here.

Marvin likes this.
  8. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get it, btw the 'you' I was talking it was in the generic way, for any people, not you specifically. haha Anyways, in the 'cultivation world', novels with MCs that are kinda evil are somewhat rare and very few of them are good, so RI is a masterpiece in this aspect.

9. slarbi

slarbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost every cultivation novel enjoyer will at least know of it. It's the staple for dark MC in cultivation novels

10. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    No thank you, you have a lot of messages and seem to be active. If a user like you hasn't heard of it then that confirms my doubt that this novel is simply not that well known in the English forum world of novels.

English is not my first language so the text below me might have lots of mistakes please ignore them.

I strongly recommend it if you want to read a dark fantasy psychological thriller which has interconnecting plotlines, intricate levels of world-building, and fleshed-out and unique power systems not found in any other xianxia. The most unique, immoral and consistent MC I have witnessed in any piece of fiction. Subverting expectations on the xianxia genre in so many ways that the only thing I can say it is similar to xianxia is only cultivation which also no other xianxia did in the same way. Basically, an incredibly well-written long-length masterpiece that you would spend months immersing yourself in. Please give it a try if you are interested, I promise it won't disappoint. Obviously, I'm trying to sell you the novel, I'll admit upfront since I am simply that passionate about it. of course your choice but I would suggest just reading it blindly and looking at no summaries. Also, a very important principle to keep in the back mind whilst reading this novel: That this novel gets better the more you read always, this is a principle you must never forget.

Mr v and Marvin like this.
  11. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm with this guy.... i think this novel just got noisy readers who exaggerate or artificially hyping this novel to be good.... phenomenon called "Echo chamber" effect - The echo chamber effect occurs online when a harmonious group of people amalgamate and develop tunnel vision. Participants in online discussions may find their opinions constantly echoed back to them, which reinforces their individual belief systems due to the declining exposure to other's opinions.

ReaderReader and Kekboi97 like this.
  12. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl jnvfnvfutucbdtcbbyhn

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one of the better-known translated webnovels.

13. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I read this with no internet influence please tell me what about this novel that doesn't live up to its supposed hype? What from the 2000 chapters that out yet have the novel done wrong? I only hear hate on this novel for being "edgy" which I don't understand whatsoever. Please if you could provide me with proper criticism.

14. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    >Writes one barely coherent sentence with no basis whatsoever, presents no objective criticism for the novel other than personal feelings that are completely irrelevant and can't be taken seriously, not a single argument to back up the claim, and then goes on to copy a definition word for word off of google.
    Very curious.

Marvin likes this.
  15. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    It has typical chinese cultivation plots and personality - "Rascism" , "Copy-paste villains" , "Factory-made item or herb or potion or etc..." , "Plot armor thicker my abs" , "MC so strong even the author almost took a long hiatus to think how to progress the story" , "360 personality change from MC" , "Casually Massacre of whole family, from babies to their great grandparents" and etc....

16. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    so have you reached volume 5((Chapter 1022 - 1966?) Because all of what you said doesn't apply at all. I thought you were talking about a different novel. Where is the plot armor? Where the copy and paste villains please give examples! MC strong? Have you even read the novel are you talking about something different?

Exalted, Marvin and Astaroth like this.
  17. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    For a Japanese-name profile, you got the personality of a "Little Pinks (chinese patriots who love their country too much)", tone the down the tension a little will you? Makes me think you're the author based on your attitude... can't handle the criticism...

18. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Still haven't received any examples where plot armor is used in the story or cheap villains. Plot armor was rendered impossible to happen in the novel when it was revealed everything was heaven will's plans.

"MC so strong even the author almost took a long hiatus to think how to progress the story" IT WAS BANNED! Wtf are you even talking about? The story was in the middle of one of the most intense arcs, and it was banned. There is no hiatus

Mr v, Astaroth and Marvin like this.
  19. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    "Plot armor was rendered impossible to happen in the novel when it was revealed everything was heaven will's plans"

Isn't "Plot armor" just another word for "Heaven's will"???

"Its not on HIATUS! It was BANNED!!!" Hahaha hahaha

When a novel is on a 1000+ chapters and is still considered in the middle and not complete, you know that the novel is just being "milked" to death

20. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Reading List:
    Link
    "MC so strong even the author almost took a long hiatus to think how to progress the story"
    Alright, you're a troll thank you who hasn't read the novel. Firstly every fan right now will agree that the novel is not bing milked in fact it is in of the most intense arcs ever where 4 venerables have awakened. Secondly, chapter 1000 (volume 4) is literally the best arc in the novel which I and many others have cried in due to how emotional and thrilling it was. I am referring to the reverse river flowing arc after and the spectral soul arc in which the biggest reveals that this whole plot was planned and that fang yuan is just a small pawn for the venerables and the heavens will from the moment he was transported to this world. The fact that you mentioned that the novel is 1000+ and is being milked is evidence that you haven't read shit because no sane human would type that out after experiencing volumes 3 and 4.

Also, I purposefully mentioned heaven's will to see your response and that confirms that you're simply trolling for no apparent reason. Heaven's will is not plot armour at all quite the opposite if you actually read the novel, it's literally the biggest enemy. Heaven's will guaranteed fang yuans death and arguably made him one of the unluckiest people in the world, the only reason he even survived so long was that he was literally outsmarting fate with the help of a spectral soul demon venerable and red lotus who was were both planning to kill him after using him lol. How does he have any plot armour? Every time he barely survived and it made complete sense how he did it. If any other character who wasn't as smart and had made the same decisions as fang yuan he would fail so many times. He sacrificed so much and lost so many times the fact that you said there is plot armour in this novel while luck is literally canon and a cohesive system in the novel shows that you trolling and even reading it. Cringe.

Also, the novel is not considered to be in the middle, volume 5 is predicted to be the last volume wtf are you talking about?

Mr v and Astaroth like this.