Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. athena1979

athena1979 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is Riff the only one who helps both, Cassius and Reuben with the treaty? Where are the others, such Sejour and Agnes? I mean Riff has worked very hard, he deserves to take a long rest, man!! Yeah, and so did Kim Soo Ji. She had promised of sending them back to Anatole soon, too.

Shiro_Gekkei, Asias, emdl07 and 7 others like this.
  2. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My poor cat. When Riftan asked Maxi to dance I screamed with joy and she jumped up in fright. The chapter is so beautiful. Unfortunately it will be a while before they can go to Anatol. First the political situation has to be clarified, but I suspect we'll get a small time jump until the climax of the negotiations.

3. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if Maxi becomes pregnant in the midst of all this agendas and becomes the reason for them to return home early?

4. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that would be so nice :X3:

Shiro_Gekkei, Asias, Leeh and 4 others like this.
  5. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt its only Riftan that will be helping, its just that Riftan is talking to Maxi, he has no reason to mention others (especially if its Sejour :p). He just gives Maxi info bout their situation as a couple, not general info.

6. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be a nice twist ;) Let's keep hoping for it, then!!

....genuinely proud of their, especially Maxi's maturity and understanding of each other. It's better for Maxi not to use any powder or make up. For, during the time, they might be dangerous. I learned that lipstics were made from a certain kind of insects, too.

7. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    If those insect aren't poisonous its not a problem. After all nowadays certain red food dye is made/extracted from insects (cochineal if I remember correctly) and its food safe.
    Usually the most harmfull are all kinds of powders etc. containing lead, mercury. Still makeup products tend not to be regulated that well.

Asias, emdl07, Primmrjss and 6 others like this.
  8. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ames2021, I assume Riftan must have just discussed bout' Maxi's and her friends' golems with Cassius, Calto, Quahel and Holy Knights before he and Maxi danced together :rolleyes: :) Poor Riftan! he completely deserves a peaceful life and a higher rank. Please, Kim Soo Ji makes him being inaugurated as Count Calypse, soon.

Shiro_Gekkei, Asias, emdl07 and 4 others like this.
  9. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahah poor cat of yours! I am smiling like a schoolgirl in love while reading this chapter. Riftan is not shy at all when displaying his affection towards Maxi in this chapter. It's like there are only 2 of them exist in the banquet, nobody else matters.

I think her golem issue is solved now. Riftan himself said there's nothing to be worried about. I think he already warned those people not to question or trouble his wife haha.

Asias, emdl07, Primmrjss and 8 others like this.
  10. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Countless thank you for your spoiler. Because they must stay in Osyria for at least weeks, completely wish no one harms and separates them. I'm a little bit worried if Richt still tries to molest our Countess. However, I know that she'll be able to overcome everything, nowadays. Honestly, ....miss Anatole, Calypse Castle, Ron, Laura and Roy.

Asias, emdl07, Primmrjss and 3 others like this.
  11. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 193

Max grumbled as if riftan's sarcasm was ridiculous, but she quickly covered her mouth. She was stunned at her husband's appearance. Riftan wears a shiny black robe with a clean white shirt that fits his body. There was subtle but intricate embroidery on his clothes and sparkling gold buttons. He wore a black dragon-engraved belt and black pants and leather boots.

Riftan leaned his upper body towards maxi and forced her to speak (the reason she was staring at kuahel). But maxi couldn't remember what she wanted to say. She avoided her husband's gaze. Riftan lifted maxi's chin and his brow furrowed. He questions what maxi wore to dress her face. He rubs the powder on maxi's cheek. Riftan protested why maxi covered her face with white powder as if it was a strange thing. Max looked at her reflection on the glass plate and realized that almost of all the powder on her face had been wiped off. Max glared back at Riftan in annoyance.

Riftan still doesn't feel guilty about it and instead urges maxi to answer the reason why she uses powder. Maxi was already angry and raised her voice that riftan didn't seem to know the reason for using powder to cover her freckles. SHe felt the knights staring at her and she fled from there. Riftan followed her. He said that her freckles are so cute and look like a cute little fairy. Riftan disagrees if maxi tries to cover it with powder. Actually maxi is relieved by riftan's confession but she says she might look beautiful only in riftan's eyes, but in other's eyes, it's not like that.

But before maxi could finish speaking, riftan pushed her into a corner and questioned her. Does maxi want to look beautiful for someone other than her husband? Maxi was surprised because the conversation turned the other way. On the other hand, maxi also reverses riftan's question. That riftan dressed like now to look good in the eyes of others. Riftan said that his current clothes were a gift from His Majesty because before leaving for the expedition he was often bullied and ridiculed because of his clothes. Like frustration, Riftan unbuttoned his shirt. Several noble ladies looked at him with flushed faces while fanning their own faces. Maxi glared at the women and turned to the riftan. Maxi protested because it felt unfair that her appearance was now a mess but riftan has always been an attraction for women. Riftan retorts that does maxi want to get attention from the man too? He smiled sinisterly.

Luckily, maxi immediately replied that that wasn't what she meant. She dressed up beautifully to enjoy the banquet with riftan. The answer made riftan speechless. He said in a serious tone that maxi was the most beautiful woman in the world. Even with her current appearance, it made it hard for riftan to breathe. Then why does maxi still want to be prettier? That answer made maxi blush and she realized that their little argument was attracting some attention. Maxi invites riftan to go. But riftan turned her around and directed them away together towards the center of the banquet.

Riftan put his arms around the maxi on her shoulders. They are the center of attention. Everyone looked at them with admiration and curiosity. But there are those who give a different look. The non-aristocrats looked at them with hostility. The priests looked stern. The holy knight commander looked indifferently.

Riftan takes her to the dance floor. He even asked maxi to dance.
    Beautiful lady, can you grant me the honor to dance with you?
    Even though she was actually reluctant, maxi couldn't possibly refuse it. Riftan led her slowly. He is very good at dancing. He twists, hugs and lifts maxi to the beat of the music and it gets faster in the second music.

M: you know? You are the cruelest dance partner in the world. You dance like someone who is determined to make your partner dizzy all the time
    R : damn, mrs calypse. It seems my work is not satisfactory
    R: that's bad. From now on you will continue to dance with the worst partner in the world for the rest of your life

Maxi laughed at his words. As the music slows down, riftan takes her to the balcony. They stared at the full moon together. Max is touched that they have spent time together and they are here together. Although not all problems are solved, but they face it together. Maxi asks if riftan can dance with her again like that when they get back to Anatol. Riftan agreed.

Then maxi asks when are they coming back to Anatol. Riftan said they needed to wait a little longer. Maxi suspected if it was because of her golem magic. Riftan denied it. Maxi is so popular in society that no one will attack her for going against the public will.

The Pope wanted to take this opportunity to strengthen his position and the peace treaty. Banquets will be held for weeks to hold nobles from all over the world. Riftan decided to help him by staying there for a while. Riftan caressed his wife's cheek.

R: wait a little longer. When this is over, I will take you home with me no matter what.
    Maxi realized that even though they were in the big city of Osyris and the capital of Rome, Riftan still really missed Anatole. SHe will wait for riftan always so riftan doesn't have to worry

beautiful lady, can you grant me the honor to dance with you?

These are words if the RDK hears it, they will have a heart attack from the shock.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    SinFulHun, Lola_Neres, Alamo and 33 others like this.
  12. RMCalypse

RMCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES! I was right! Riftan didn't like her makeup because he loves her cute freckles!! 

So since they're going to be staying in Osiria for a while I hope we can see Maxi interacting with other nobles.

They danced!!! I'm so happy::bloblove::::bloblove::
    And in front of everyone!!

Although one thing that doesn't make sense to me is that (correct me if I'm wrong) but in their one week snusnu didn't Riftan say he didn't know how to dance?

And for future chapters....... #snusnu:blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobnosebleed:

13. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

14. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he knows how to dance. In his POV he danced with a knight's sister in Croix castle's banquet long before he married Maxi. But during that one week snu, Maxi is the one leading Riftan that their dance steps became awkward hehe.

Asias, Primmrjss, Leeh and 9 others like this.
  15. RMCalypse

RMCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay Thank you Angel::bloblove::

I can't wait for them to Officially be
    Count & Countess Calypse
    :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

16. rifrifmaxmax

rifrifmaxmax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So pity actually.. here riftan still had not developed. Book 2 i got impression, its more for riftans development to damp his temperament, whereas maxi some steps ahead ( proven by her stuttering, confidence). Am I right?

Leeh, Asias, emdl07 and 5 others like this.
  17. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    Countless thanks,
    both of you @kim rabbit and @Ames2021. ....fond of today chapter and the 2nd Osyrian banquet. I still remember during the 1st banquet, it was Riff who tried to be estranged from Maxi. However, nowadays, everything's different ;)

Leeh, Asias, emdl07 and 4 others like this.
  18. zkira

zkira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny thing about the story is this interaction between the two, Riftan is very handsome, poor Maxy, I think she just needs to know more about her childhood, and she will find out that he will always be hers.

manlyman, Leeh, Asias and 6 others like this.
  19. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with riftan's temperament.

He never acted impulsively because of his emotions, he never used physical or verbal abuse. He is logical and rational even when it comes to things he doesn't like, that's why he can occupy the positions of RDK's commander and war commander.

Do you remember how patient he was with Rienna who kept clinging to him but he was never rude. And as everyone acknowledged, even though he was cruel to the enemy, he never hurt the weak. Everyone has a different temperament. Some are cold like kuahel. Some are warm like yuri. Some are smoldering like hebaron.

Human can't be forced by someone to be what they are because that's a personal character. I think the problem is not in his temperament but just his communication style

manlyman, amylane1023, Leeh and 12 others like this.
  20. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    More like his absolute lack of proper communication :ROFLMAO:

amylane1023, Leeh, Asias and 8 others like this.