Discussion Biggest pet peeve?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ikhors, Oct 23, 2022.

1. ikhors

ikhors [ Servant Of Evil ]

Reading List:
    Link
    When the dish sponge that I wash the dishes with is under dirty dishes and water
    When my sheets are messed up
    When the door is open
    When someone asks me to do something after I was getting up to do it

Eat_Angst likes this.
  2. Stripedhatbecomesgay

Stripedhatbecomesgay Guess who’s a super good spammer? It’s me!

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way about the last one
    When someone ignores what I said and continues what they were doing
    When someone is a bully
    When someone is annoying (I wonder if this is a pet peeve)

ikhors likes this.
  3. ikhors

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll take it as one, instead of a pet peeve being something I'll take it being someone, Annoying people are a massive pet peeve

4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the inpostor is sus

ikhors likes this.
  5. Hellish

Hellish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When someone's trying REALLY hard to prove their point. Like yeah okay we get it.
    When someone is trying to one-up you in front of someone they admire. (Pretty pathetic of you to do that.)
    WHEN THEY THINK THEY ARE THE SHIT. (Once you're out in the real world, you're an ant to everyone else. BFFR)
    One moment they're nice to someone, the next they're mean to you. You're walking on eggshells because their mood with you can be ice or cold but with others, they're just straight-up nice and a people pleaser.

ikhors likes this.
  6. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    - Loud chewing/lip-smacking
    - Interruptions
    - Slow walkers/people that just stop in the middle of the streets
    - Someone talking to me when I have my headphones in (If it's something important, I don't mind)

ikhors likes this.
  7. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Current pet peeve is people's complete and utter lack of ability to drive vehicles post COVID quarantine. I have never been in so many near miss accidents in my 30 plus years of driving. And it's progressively getting worse. Started out with just a few idoits forcing their way into flowing traffic with little margin, to me nearly T-boning someone yesterday because they ingored my turn signal.

ikhors and simak like this.
  8. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Gross mouth noises/loud chewing
    Acting overly sassy and petty (not in a funny way either)
    Blatant habitual laziness:sushi_peak:
    Getting angry on other peoples' behalf without needing to :blobhyperthink:
    Leaving a mess
    Interrupting consistently
    Swearing/cursing every other sentence unironically :bloborz: my ears start bleeding
    No personal space or sense of personal boundaries

ikhors likes this.
  9. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The brain fog is real.

The greed sensor in RPGs. That is real, too.

ikhors likes this.
  10. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    In novels: When the food in the Isekai world is terrible and only the transmigrator can fix it. (By the Power of Soy Sauce!) I don't care what time period or what world you transmigrated to; Humans seek out good food. Even cave people knew the importance of salt.
    A magical chef working for the king for 40+ years of a magical medieval-ish world is not going to be incapable of making at least halfway decent food, much less be less capable than a 16 year old girl from another world who sometimes makes dinner on a whim.

In real life: I don't know... Too much PDA?

Senros and ikhors like this.
  11. ikhors

Reading List:
    Link
    atleast spell it right, fake fan *eye rolls*

12. Tafyunn

Tafyunn Gimme your recommendatio- *yawns*

Reading List:
    Link
    • People who try to drag you into the trouble with them (ex. Those that say its okay to submit past the deadline, they haven't done it yet and will submit it with you. WAKE UP CALL don't listen to them you're going to be influenced by their behaviour of "we're going down together" and it'll turn into a habit. They'll also encourage you to do dumb shit that have high chances of you getting caught, if its not self explanatory yet JUST. DONT. INVOLVE. YOURSELF. WITH. THEM.)
    • People who try to get you to do them a heavy favour after they did a light one for you (One of the reasons why I hate owing anyone anything, I experienced it far too many times. No I won't let you copy my 9 paged math homework just because you told me what what page we were going to answer, idgaf if I'm 'old and has already outgrown stuffed toys long ago' no I won't give my younger cousin the toy thats been with me before I was even born just because you bought me a shirt P.S you're never too old for stuffed toys, no I won't commute twiceas mich as I originally do everyday just to send your son to school just because you taught me directions once, it already takes me 40 mins as it is and you tell me "well it won't even take 20 mins" girl tf?? He can very well go down by himself and walk past that corner by himself he's 13, and he's not a princess so shut.)
    • People who think they can insult you just because they did something for you (similar to the one above, they do something for you then go on a full on rant about how bad you are on things expecting you to just take it in because they're doing you a favor)
    • People who try to insert themselves into conversations out of nowhere and tries to one up the speaker (I usually don't care about one uppers if they're acting it out alone with a friend, nor do I mind that much when people try to join the conversation, but when they try to insert themselves into serious conversations or conversations where someone is trying to show off what they did out of nowhere when you're not even talking to them and try to divert the topic onto themselves? Oooh if only I could just tell them "Man go away, nobody cares, can't you see somebody else is talking?" I would've already done it a hundred times by now but no, thats rude so I can only just sit there and listen to this guy yapping about himself and fishing for compliments/pity whilst my friend is at the corner having to nod along after being wronged.)

I could go on and on and on, but in conclusion, humans are just a huge inconvenience.
    And should just get hit by an asteroid.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    ikhors likes this.
  13. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> another pet peeve while driving... yes i do a lot of driving.
    Out on the 5 lane highway(2 lanes each direction with a center turn lane) i dont really mind someone crusing along in the fast lane as long as they are moving faster then those in the slow lane. The people that really piss me off are the asshats that go slow while someone is in the lane beside them, then speed up so that others cant pass them in the slow lane.

ikhors likes this.
  14. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    When people talk behinds other people backs without a valid reason to.
    Like i get it, some people's traits and yadah yadah are annoying, negative and not so great and I don't care listening to you rant about them cuz you personally experienced those traits and it's normal to do those, but i draw the line when you start to talk about people who means good to you and really haven't done anything bad? Like just judging their certain traits and etc, all people are flawed and every individual have quirks and stuff unique to theirs, like yeah this person is energetic but so what?
    I find this behaviour so weird and i noticed that it's so common for people to do this, i generally don't mind this kind of stuff until it negatively bothered me or someone, i genuinely get surprised when certain people have a say to this and that person, like you see them that way?? I mean i noticed those too but i never thought deeply of them, i really feel like I'm thinking way too lightly sometimes.

ikhors likes this.
  15. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    — nya~
    — Faking cuteness infront of people
    — People being slow and interruptive on something important
    — People who misunderstand my words into something mean
    — Messages popping when I am binge doing something

Steamc and ikhors like this.
  16. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - My biggest one is people that are too stubborn and refuse to contemplate the opinion of other's. No one is perfect, so defending your opinion to the death just annoys the hell out of me.
    - People walking slowly and blocking the street is also annoying. At least leave some space for one person to overtake you.
    - People who interrupt constantly. It makes me want to smack them.

This is just something that is slightly annoying, and I've only seen one person do it, but trying to join a conversation that is above your knowledge level by taking one term that was said in the conversation (a term that you don't understand) and talking about one term that is called something similar to the one that was used... that's annoying. I mean, think of it like we are talking about dogs and there is a person in our group that doesn't know what a dog is, but knows about hot dogs and that person suddenly joins in and says, "Yes, and hot dogs are great. They are so tasty. I love it when they put ketchup and mayo on it!" and the rest of the group is like, "Oh... ok... but we aren't talking about hot dogs..."

17. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    When people are rude for no reason
    People who misspell my name on purpose
    Flakey friends

18. 7starkiller99

7starkiller99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People who burn stuff in their microwave. Just why!!!