Why do only some of my releases show up on the homepage?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Reaper Scans, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Reaper Scans

Reaper Scans Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I noticed that some groups, when they post multiple chapters of a novel, all the chapters show up on the homepage
    [​IMG]

but for some reason, releases from my group (Reaper Scans), only 1 chapter shows up. [​IMG]
    We posted chapter 1 to 10 today, so it'd be real nice if all 10 or at least more than 1 chapter would be shown on the front page for visibility.

itsokaytocry likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's anti-spam as webnovel was posting like 300 chapters at once for example. Not sure how you'd get more to show but i do think anything over 2~ is annoying.

Shio likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an anti-spam system on NU that specifically stops groups from clogging up the homepage.

I'm not sure if it's triggered on specific groups that commonly do mass-releases, or if it's something that is triggered after a specific number of releases from the same series.

Regardless, the point is, the anti-spam system is at work. If you don't want it to get in the way of your visibility, then sparse out your releases.

Shio, ReaderReader and LaDyViL like this.
  4. Reaper Scans

Reaper Scans Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, it's not everyday where we post that many chapters at once. We only do mass releases every once in a while for a single novel. Would a moderator be able to help me so our group can get a little more visibility when we do mass release? I understand not having all 10 chaps on the feed, but being able to get at least 2 or 3 would be a great help.

Eisvarith Devirea likes this.
  5. Eisvarith Devirea

Eisvarith Devirea [Mza {Valkyrie Awakens} Mya]

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk how one does it (I'm talking about 10 or more chapters), but i've seen other group tl did it, i think it was graverobberTL, i'm not sure but maybe he timed it well, so his releases gets shown more than one almost at once. what im trying to say is might as well contact other TL, or pm a mod if you are really curious. it might looks silly, but hey knowledge is knowledge.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  6. GodkiL1ler

GodkiL1ler GHOST

Reading List:
    Link
    Try realising one by one and take1 or 2 min difference in each chapter release maybe that way you can be shown

Take that aside when you people are planning to unbaned me on discord it's been one year

I don't ask question anymore

7. icantsneed

icantsneed Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a newbie and didn't realized the I was spamming (I was updating 1 chapter an hour). Is my series permanently filtered now?

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, there is no permanent filter, it's just something that happens for mass releases.

Your next chapters should appear on the homepage normally.

Shio likes this.