Spoiler The Tyrant Wants To Live Honestly/ 폭군님은 착하게 살고 싶어

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Nov 24, 2020.

1. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you,they are better or just as I thought they would be.
    Lovely characters and lovely story.

Th.ay, Leanisse and BadAllDay like this.
  2. FindingReads

FindingReads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hate that the king didn't get the ending he deserved. Such a shame.

3. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another MC ruined hy her a**hole father who neglected her, favored her brother, blamed her for her mother's death and then makes a surprised Pikachu face when she turns mental and tries to force love out of someone else and had a grudge against her brother who got everything she didn't....

Yeah she was a bad tyrant but her father made her that way. He is the worst in this story

4. klickbait

klickbait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should he be hated though? It's not like it's his fault she fell for him. From what I gathered he didn't propose to her nor did he make her fall for her, her loving him was all on her own.
    He only agreed to the engagement because he knew he needed her brother(not her). If he could have had the choice to be engaged to her brother instead, I'm sure he would've taken that chance instead.
    He didn't seduce her or anything either. So I don't see any reason to get mad or angry to him.

If anything's evil that'd be The King or Dorothea herself.
    I don't think the brother's ignorant, he just acted that way because he wants his sister to feel loved because the father is an asshole to both of them. The king was just slightly better to the brother because he could do a little light spirit power. But she killed him, her brother and in turn Theon loses the person he needed to live. It seems like the dark spirits is uncontrollable and would eat him alive if left be.
    And from what I gathered it was also Dorothea and the ML who killed the people Theon loved and she even imprisoned him so he ended up killing himself.

It should be him who hates her in this life and she should be the one begging for his forgiveness not him.

Truthfully I feel the double standard here, if the FL was the ML , then he'd be called Trash at this point. Killed his brother, killed the people loved by their partner. Deluded themselves into thinking locking the other person could finally make them love him. Those are some evil shit she did, if she was a he, no other arguments would even be started.
    She may be was a victim of her circumstances as a kid and was pitiful but her actions as an adult wasn't exactly done because of her pure heart.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  5. Averyn

Averyn The Forum Lurker |ω・)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    Every single chapter is just so... Sad and pitiful :meowpuffytears:
    I mean, she doesn't deserve some trashy so called 'father', an insensitive brother who knows nothing about her suffering, etc.
    I just think that every single side character are so infuriating and stupid :meowsipglare: They're the cause of all her misery
    I hope that so-called father of hers gets killed brutally, mercilessly without any redemption whatsoever :blobtorch::meowtihihi::blobpitch:

beazacha, BelkisSama and vesperia like this.
  6. ellanica

ellanica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hope his wife curses him in the afterlife. Piece of sh*t father, too bad he didn't suffer when he was alive.

7. kellyyuu

kellyyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the king deserve his ending. Dying with guilt and regret is one of the worst ending for anyone (for me at least). Plus dorothea didn't forgive him so he can't 'rest' in peace

MisaLissa, beazacha, Archeia and 10 others like this.
  8. NovelenthusiastIDK

NovelenthusiastIDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God this is getting annoying, it’s reasonable to hate him even tho he wasn’t evil. Let people hate characters they want to hate without getting weirdly passionate about defending that character and writing long ass paragraphs about it. Let’s finally end this discussion.

9. meikoy

meikoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can he become the king? Wasn't her brother supposed to be king? I'm so confused right now ‍

MisaLissa likes this.
  10. klickbait

klickbait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are literally in a comment section wherein people come in to talk about stuff. If you don't want any replies. Delete your comments. End of discussion

BelkisSama, torte1315, DOHere and 4 others like this.
  11. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said might be the ending, I checked the ending and
    No,Dorothea is the queen

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  12. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    So i was right that MC might have had a chance with Theo if only she hadn't tasked the murder of pink lady.

13. aelin_0

aelin_0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the majority of the story Raymond was the one in the position of the next king. It was pretty much clear to everyone, that he’ll be the king after the death of the then current king. Contrary to everyone’s beliefs, he didn’t want to become king. Which was evident though the whole story. After he graduated from the best school in the empire, he had more responsibilities and was often tested with finding solutions for various troubles. Dorothea was present in all discussions and was well aware of many things regarding the empire. So she sent him letters after letters and talked with him about her political beliefs and solutions. There was a scene, where Raymond voiced out, after receiving one of her letters, to Theon, his then aide, that she should become Queen, rather than him. He wanted to become a farmer and work with Theon.
    As mentioned before Raymond wanted her to become Queen. So he staged a horse accident. Supposedly, he fell from his horse and lost his memory. Thus, forcing Dorothea to take up his responsibilities. She had to reflect a lot about her goals for the empire, her past and her future.
    With Ethan’s help, Dorothea realised, that she wanted to become Queen. After defeating another empire, named Hark or so, she returned. The emperor was on his death bed and in his will named her his heir. After his death she was crowned Queen.

Be honest, Dorothy. you... ... Have you really never even thought about the throne?”
    Raymond's clear eyes stared at her.
    In front of him, Dorothea couldn't bear to lie.
    “... ... I don't know. But this is for sure. I am not the owner of the place.”
    “I’m not saying you don’t want to.”
    At Raymond's point, Dorothea averted her gaze.
    I want to. I want to become a better emperor and make a better Ubera.
    But, as I told Ethan, you can't sit in a house that a robber has robbed. “Why do you think you can't be the master? Am I the irst to sit here?” “... ... Because I don't deserve it."
    "Qualiication? Do I have one?”
    Raymond opened his eyes and pointed to himself.
    “You are the prince.”
    “Then you are the prince. Then will you be eligible too?” “It’s not like that... ... .”

“If not that kind of problem, then what?”
    Raymond's eyes were uncomfortably bitter.
    Dorothea murmured with the past he could not open before him.
    Raymond looked at Dorothea carefully and spoke irst.
    "great. I'll be honest with you irst. Then you are being honest.”
    Raymond opened his eyes for no reason and laid his palms down on the table.
    And the over-honesty that follows.
    “I don’t want to be a prince or emperor!”
    It was a harsh tone, as if declaring in front of everyone.
    It was natural for Dorothea's brow to wrinkle.
    "Lay... ... .”
    “Listen, Dorothy. Now it is my turn to speak.”
    When Dorothea was about to say something, Raymond irmly shut her mouth.
    “I feel like throwing up whenever I am called Prince. No lies, Dorothy. ... ... Sometimes I really do.”
    Raymond clasped his hands and iddled with them.
    It was the irst story I heard.
    He said that he found it dificult to bear the burden and stress of being a Crown Prince.
    “Your Majesty said I was strange. I've been the Crown Prince since I was little, so why is that uncomfortable?"
    Why can't we conform to the fate we were given from birth, and also to the good fate?
    But he couldn't stop asking questions.
    'Why am I the Crown Prince?'
    He thought from a young age.
    Strangely, he did not accept the Crown Prince as his name.
    Maybe it was because I couldn't do what I wanted to do under the name of 'Prince'.
    Going to Episteme, his doubts grew bigger.

'There are so many handsome people in the world, why am I the Crown Prince?'
    No matter how hard you work, you can't be at the top. There were many people who were better than him. Of course he wasn't completely incompetent.
    He certainly had something he liked and was good at. However, his talent was not worthy of the emperor.
    “I felt like a dead person every time I existed as Crown Prince.”
    A part that was forcibly itted into the machines of the Empire and the Imperial Family.
    A living being who works non-stop, spinning round and round to the point that it gives me motion sickness, but is dead.
    An inanimate object that has neither vitality nor pleasure.
    “How terrible it is to have to live doing something I hate until the day I die.”
    The prince's name was like a murderer named Raymond.
    And if you ask him to choose his own name, he will abandon the Crown Prince and choose Raymond.
    Because I want to have people by my side who call me 'Ray' rather than the Crown Prince.
    So I thought it would be better to be an idiot, and disguised the accident.
    “Are you pathetic and selish?”
    Raymond gave a self-helpful bitter laugh.
    He knew how foolish and foolish what he had done.
    “So sometimes I envy you. I can't see the emperor when I look in the mirror, but sometimes I see the emperor in your face."
    Dorothea's eyes widened.
    Dorothea is moved by Raymond's stupid words again.
    “I will be honest. I want to live in Ubera, where a person like you is the emperor.”
    An emperor more trustworthy than me, more trustworthy than me.

Dorothea's heart pounded at Raymond's words.
    Her greed, which had sprouted little by little—Ethan said, her dream —is growing more and more prosperous.
    I can't. If you are greedy... ... .
    “So tell me, what are you serious about?”
    Blue eyes ask her again.
    And she tries to uncover the truth hidden inside her.
    “Even if I tell you, you won’t believe me.”
    “Dorothy, you don’t know how much I trust you.”
    Raymond laughed.
    Dorothea hesitated and wet her dry lips before deciding.
    Now, as far as Raymond was concerned, it seemed as if he could tell the truth.
    No, I thought I should conide in it at least once.
    In order not to repeat the argument with the same story as him.
    Dorothea took a deep breath.
    Even if Raymond treats him like a madman, he is prepared to accept it.
    “Actually, there was once a woman. Jealousy and greed... ... .”
    Dorothea looked into Raymond's eyes and bowed her head, not having the courage to speak.
    And he told the story of his long life.
    She tried to express her ugliness as objectively as possible.
    Because I didn't want to defend myself in front of him.
    So I left out things that weren't important, such as the misery or pain she felt.
    And, as if telling the story of a tyrant, she told him about her life.
    “... ... So the tyrant was executed.”
    Dorothea said, barely recalling her nightmarish past.
    Still, it wasn't as painful as it used to be to go over it one by one now.
    “But for some reason she had to live again. You are back to the time you were born.”

Raymond did not respond to Dorothea's words.
    Perhaps they do not feel the value of responding to a nonsensical story.
    I couldn't tell Ethan's secret, so I couldn't explain the Spirit Stone and the Spirit King.
    So it will sound even weirder.
    But Dorothea inished the story to the end.
    “So she thought. I want to not repeat the same mistake in this lifetime. kindly... ... I want to live.”
    new life. new choice.
    "So... ... It would be unacceptable for her to become emperor again.”
    Dorothea shut her mouth when she inished her last words.
    After saying this, I felt a little relieved.
    Raymond's reaction was a little scary, but I thought it was good to have courage.
    Now he will never again seduce her to the throne.
    Dorothea thought so and waited for Raymond's response.
    By the way.
    “Sigh.”
    I heard the sound of eating noses, not words.
    Dorothea involuntarily raised her head to look at Raymond.
    Raymond wiped his eyes and nose with his sleeve, trying to stop the tears.
    "Lay... ... ?”
    “Dorothy... ... !”
    Raymond, who was crying, ran up to her and hugged her tightly, and whispered in her ear.
    She was taken aback by the unexpected reaction. "Lay!"
    “You are so sad.”
    Raymond took a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his tears and runny nose.

It was because he couldn't get a runny nose on Dorothea's shoulder. What the hell are you sad about?
    What she confessed was the story of a tyrant.
    A terrifying and horrifying story.
    Also, the story that killed him.
    "I know you've been thinking like that all along... ... .”
    Raymond was about to say something, but then choked again, unable to speak.
    “Do you believe me, Ray?”
    “You have no reason to lie like that.”
    Raymond nodded and said.
    Frankly, her words were unrealistic.
    But it's not Dorothea.
    Someone who has no reason to make up a story like that.
    Raymond therefore believed that Dorothea's words were true, or at least a clever and clever metaphor of another truth.
    Anyway, her story.
    He is not used to doubting others.
    So, it was more unsuitable for the position of emperor.
    “Am I bad enough to kill you?”
    “It’s sad that you call yourself a bad person, I... ... !”
    Raymond seemed to be angry with Dorothea.
    “How can you say your life so badly?”
    Raymond was more heartbroken by Dorothea's calm tone.
    Even if he lived a bad life, wouldn't it be natural to defend himself at least as much as he did?
    But Dorothea seemed to be judging and punishing herself. “... ... Because it was really bad.”
    “Not really bad.”
    Raymond got angry again and grabbed her.

“From the moment you were born until now, in my eyes, you’re like, ‘It’s really not that bad.’”
    “... ... .”
    “I have never seen you do such a bad thing in my life. Whether your confession is real or a metaphor.”
    “Of course it was before... ... .”
    “Anyway, the Dorothea I know is not bad.”
    You are not like that in this life.
    Don't end your life without being able to do anything in the past that doesn't exist now.
    “You have come this far by working hard not to make the same mistake.”
    Raymond's warm hand wrapped around hers.
    “If I had given up on ruining the farm once, my garden wouldn’t have been so lush. They wouldn't have discovered a new rotation method."
    Dorothea had a life of failure.
    And when she was given the chance again, she had a choice.
    He could take revenge on those who made him this way.
    He could have used numbers to gain the throne from an early age.
    Perhaps he could have eliminated Raymond earlier.
    Knowing the future, he could harm others and change it to the advantage of his own wealth and power.
    Smart and clever Dorothea can do enough.
    But among the many options, Dorothea chose this life.
    “You don’t deserve it, that’s wrong. You deserve it more than anyone.”
    Behind Raymond's voice as she spoke to her, he could still hear the laughter of the people celebrating the victory.
    Dorothea's heart was beating hotly.
    Can I really be a good emperor?
    One more time, can I truly dive into what I want to do? Raymond looked at her in doubt and nodded.

“If you try to do well again, you can become a better emperor than anyone else.”
    Eventually, Dorothea buried her head in his arms and burst into tears.
    More than anyone else, Raymond said that, thank you.

Source: the uploaded mtl

I completed the novel and the extras. So ask away

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    mmem, xpeanut, Am_elf and 65 others like this.
  14. aelin_0

aelin_0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first timeline, Julia was killed by someone while she was searching for the spirit stone. She was not killed by our MC, Dorothea, but indirectly/directly by Ethan. However, Ethan didn’t tell Dorothea that he was the one responsible for Julia’s death, only that she was killed. He either did it himself (I don’t think so) or ordered an assassin to do so (more likely in my opinion).

The reason why Ethan didn’t admit it, was that he was worried, that our MC Dorothea would break because of her guilty consciousness. After all Ethan was her subordinate. Although he wasn’t ordered to kill Julia by Dorothea. Dorothea would indirectly be at fault.

Theon believed that she had killed Julia

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    mmem, Marane101, Am_elf and 50 others like this.
  15. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Just read the 3 chapters available in the manhwa. Thank you everyone for all the spoilers. Some are different, and I honestly prefer summaries over MTL (my poor phone can't handle a long hidden spoiler text file). Will be sharing my opinions mostly based on my first impressions on the manhwa and the few spoilers I read here.

MC= interesting take on the redemption route for MC. Actual time to ponder on her bad, tyrannical actions in first TL. Good impression overall. Personally prefer the earlier spoilers where she is NOT the empress. I support fresh start ending/route overall! Brother could keep the throne and not the ex husband.

POS Father - can't believe he's worse than we thought. Man isn't blaming her for the death of his wife, he just values lineage. Still... no point in being an *ss to your daughter just because she is defective. What a failure of a man who thinks nothing of lineage. Considering the kind of character, he should be praising either kids. So, what if that generation has weaker light powers? Consider the next gen! Lacking in imagination, aren't we? Considering the era even, I think inbreeding was somewhat possible, so maybe cousins? Just to increase the chances of light power boosts

Brother Raymond - I was honestly influenced by that manhwa comment where ignorance is a sin and I am not liking the brother at all. The spoilers did not increase my like to him at all. If he's trying to atone or love MC in absence of their parents love, then why couldn't he uhh... shed some tears? Be real with her? It would help his image for me if it showed MC outright ignoring him (and I know someone here brought it up, REALISTICALLY, you blame siblings over your parents), AT LEAST I can understand he really is trying and showing maybe later on he IS terrified of their father but I guess I have to consider its also a child's lack of capabilities. The spoilers of him not wanting the throne isn't helping for now. I know it'll hurt more if he probably told Dorothea his feelings concerning the throne but maybe an oath could also do? Like say, if anything happens to their dad, he'd relinquish the throne (I know its a pipe dream, unlikely even since we could also consider the noble families who already support him but my other issue with this is that if he could think of something like fake amnesia in TL2, why didn't he do so sooner in TL1 before dying to Dorethea's hand? Lack of power? Apologies if I am also lacking in imagination.

Theon/ex husband - actually first impression was REALLY bad for me. The spoilers did not help sadly. I am trying to understand, I really do. He had an ulterior motive, he considered he could learn to love her and acknowledged the root cause of his hatred is leaning more to the emperor who is the cause as well as Ethan (depending on how much info Theon had), and Dorothea a distant third for the misunderstanding on who killed Julia. Personally, my dissatisfaction was due to the manhwa telling us readers he married her because of issues, most likely financial, a bit different reasoning than the spoilers but in MCs POV, its been acknowledged he married her for a reason: survival. Be with her brother, be stabilized and learn to love this woman deprived of love or according to MCs POV, financial reasons. Since I read the MTL version first, it irks me he still contacted Julia knowing his wife had insecurities (ofc with his constitution, it gives him a soft reasoning for me). I just hope the manhwa does a good job showcasing WHY he married her as spoilers here indicate as at least the motivation I can understand (but oddly, not support. I'm so sorry. Why on earth did MC fall for him anyway? He's her brothers friend? The same brother she despised. She should hate him by association)

Julia - lacks material in manhwa. Forgettable in spoilers for me. I'm sorry

Ethan - the complexity is oddly interesting. Looking forward to his character overall. Wish they just stayed as Grand Duke's and built their own mini kingdom

16. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, that makes him even worse.

beazacha, donaiseiyuu, DOHere and 5 others like this.
  17. Reinblick123

Reinblick123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm somehow curious about MC's and Theon relationship current timeline did Theon love mc in current TL?

Am_elf likes this.
  18. Flowing_Time

Flowing_Time Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!!!!! THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!! I LOVE YOU :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:::bloblove:::meowpuffytears:

19. Kygnis

Kygnis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the users who actually wrote spoilers on a spoiler thread! :bloblove:
    Appreciate it! Hope you guys had a good halloween.

beazacha, BrytteM, Th.ay and 4 others like this.