Discussion WHAT YEAR DID YOU JOIN AND WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 166414, Nov 6, 2022.

?

do you know skullie?

1. *noms skullie*

56.8%
  2. ... who?

43.2%
  1. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    Lurking on NU since 2015 just so I can get new chapters link and not tiring myself opening all novels sites just to check chapters one by one. Decided to join NUF in 2016 and later join somekind of rpg guild then stop writing in there. Created new alternate account in 2021, you know so I can get vacation from my main account.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  2. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really remember the reason I joined, but lately I like to lurk around

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  3. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Registered in Dec 2017, I made an account because one day I got curious and looked at a certain thread. I don't really remember much, but I believe it was a discussion about tony being a girl. I'm still here because I like this place as well, I guess. Though nowadays I am just lurking and checking the posts every once in a while.

4. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember joining the site when it was few months old. But I can't remember its exact date.

Was searching for some japanese novels like mushoku tensei, shield hero and Overlord and stumbled on this site.

Since then discovering many more young masters that can't see Mount Tai, MCs transmigrated, digressed, reincarnated, OP as fuck (and boring) MCs and so on. You know the trend now.

Life goes on, gets busy after graduating, have a family, a kid and I don't have much time reading anymore. But I always remeber this site fondly as the only pleasure during my stressful studying days.

Why am I still here? I don't, I just felt like logging in after a long while(years) and saw this thread. It just brings up memories and felt like giving my story here.

Been trying to find latest overlord novels has been hard. Just found out the previous translator stopped. Was thinking of getting back to reading, but maybe I'll just keep it for another time.

Thanks for reading a wall of text here. Not that you guys aren't used to it since we read novels here, but appreaciate the time spent reading my rumblings haha. Farewell everyone. Talk to you sometime in the future... hopefully not years.

5. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    this is me before NU.
    during NU the tabs multiplied... areh?

I discovered NU cuz I kept seeing a certain Nep, and occasionally a meatbun. Got active for a short while, was fun.

now, despite having a reading list, I only read a handful of titles. Anything that catches my eye will be put in the list, only to be forgotten. and if I ever start reading a new one, I'll read even the raws until I get tired of it.

yeah, if raws are accessible, I'll read it and the list becomes useless... unless the mtl is too shit, I wait for the translations

6. SeventhTale

SeventhTale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been here since 2016. Already reading novels before that but only those with anime adaptation and still didn't like reading back then. Until I read the Shield Hero manga and want to know the continuation. Then I found web novels and how easy it is to read compare to the usual light novel back then which uses heavy descriptions. Since then I'm always here even until now since this is the best database for translated asian novels which I really love.
    It's nostalgic how most of the novel back then are japanese and the one sitting in the ranking are those what we called generic isekai nowadays.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    join because reading list~
    thats it~
    hey manual notepad list become too long lol~

Bright_Lucky_Star and Mr. Tired like this.
  8. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Made an account in April 2016, but I used to lurk here from February 2016 (I could have gotten a sub 10000 user id but ~18000 will have to do). I continued to lurk here daily for the most part of 2016 but got found out in 2017 and have been mostly active here since then. (A bit *too* active I would say considering I am 12th on most message leaderboard without counting all the games forum I used to be active on)

A lot of amazing nuffians made me keep coming back here till the point opening nuf became a daily habit and this kind of became my internet home in a way. I keep coming back even though I mostly havent been reading translated stuff nowadays - I dont even know what is the popular and hot stuff that is being tl'd nowadays.

As for the last few months, my activity has went down quite a bit but I feel that is more as a response to not enough other old timers being active here. Dont have anyone who would just ping or poke me out of nowhere now :/

I started in 2016 on webnovels in general. My first one was very likely Legendary Moonlight Sculptor although I cant verify that, back then reading list didnt have logs and besides this was before I started using NU. Infact I started using NU coz I learned about the existence of reading list feature. I then mostly read generic harems in jp and xianxia stuff in cn for the first few series before moving on to the quality stuff.

As for why I am still here? Well I just keep coming back since nuf has became kind of a part of my life.

Blitz, Bright_Lucky_Star and ru5ty like this.
  9. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, join in 2016
    Been here like in the late 2015,
    Im busy, help meee *get dragged back to work*

Bright_Lucky_Star and Mr. Tired like this.
  10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm mostly just here to move your threads to General Chat when you somehow end up posting them in the wrong place. Y'know, despite being active on the forums since - *checks notes* - around 2018.

:blobpoliceangry::blobpoliceangry::blobpoliceangry:

11. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
    I stayed for the people but most have left XD, the the GAMES!, the events!,the threads.
    Its really fun

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Blitz, Westeller and AliceShiki like this.
  12. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    ⟵⁠(⁠๑⁠¯⁠◡⁠¯⁠๑⁠) *looks at the date*
    I joined early this year and it has been 6 months, I have been in nuf as a member.

If I remember correctly during the covid time I got addicted to reading novel from Wattpad and from there I found more Chinese novel and the existence of novel updates...
    I lurked for some novels but never peeked at the forum side...
    Later when I was waiting for my time to get admitted to a uni, I came searching for jobs like translating, editing for sites which are getting recently open...and for that I had to make an account
    This is actually not my first account due to some problems, I made a second one~
    And from posting one status, I met few nuffians tho I was not that active and yet on putting my self updates on it...from there to who knows how I started being active where daily visiting NUF not for novels became a addiction~ even though I stay active~ but due to my uni there's little to less time I spend here and reading novels~
    Huhuhu it feels great

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Joined NUF in 2017 I am kind of active? on that period, but stop after somethings happened IRL. Anyway, I just got back recentlly and decide to stay around since I'm bored at work.

14. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    says i joined in 2015 beside my name i personally dont think im that old though. (<in denial)

no idea why i am still here.

Glass Shard, Blitz, Ddraig and 2 others like this.
  15. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I was stalking for a while- this was the first time I ever used any forum of any sort* so I was so lost and confused, still managed to make an account somehow. Then I forgot about this and then came back. I’m still around.... idk why actually... the community is nice but I dont care for it anymore I guess. I’ll still stick around but yeah. I guess reading list and making reviews. I do like when there are discussion post about writing and literary analysis which I won’t find everywhere else. At least I haven’t found it yet. The only other site I did find that had “literary discussions” was Reddit which was... extremely below any thought process to say the least. Once a while it’s possible to find a decent post but yeah.

I technically was on Reddit around I think 2015? But i never made an account or I went to that website 2 times a year. I made an account late 2020, stayed for pictures and eventually left.

16. GodkiL1ler

GodkiL1ler GHOST

Reading List:
    Link
    Year ago I was finding the novel to read which I find on this site and joined it and join NUF just by chance and now here I m

Like me to Hahaha :blobjoy:

17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why I'm still here?
    NUF is where I can read what others read, the reading trend, and find things just to chat.

18. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...I joined late 2016. No clue how I found the site though. All I know is that this was the time when the Chinese martial arts novels were popular like Coiling Dragon and Wu Dong Qian Kun. And I was using Baka-Tsuki at the time. But after finding this site, there was far less crawling around for interesting new titles.

...still, I wonder how I found this site. It's not something you go typing for in a search engine...and its simple layout doesn't exactly lend itself to be eye catching...and I feel that I didn't find it from another forum...

...Hmm...

Westeller likes this.
  19. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    I… started going here 2 years ago…mainly for the spoiler forums…though I didn’t make an account back..then

20. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    So I haven't been here too long, technically about 3 years now I'd say? Give or take.
    A lovely friend (whom I haven't reconnected with sadly) recommended the site to me. I think ShaquilleOatmeal (lol) was their user. And since then, I haven't seen them as they left because their "Time here has worn out". Or something like that. I remember little of that exchange.
    I started reading novels, started to slowly get to know people. People got to know me. Friends were made, even more friends were made, a couple foes here, gained a scary stalker for a while, and now even more new users who are absolutely lovely have been fun to talk to. Still a bit slow and quiet here though. I think it's more lively in the Summer times.

It's been a journey. I've grown as a person. From Catboy to Officially Tired™. Still Second Best Catboy™, I'm sure.
    What a time, what a thrill.

Confession: I still haven't finished most of the stories in my list and, quite frankly, I still am unsure how to properly navigate Novel Updates and am still too shy to ask. My Skribblehub is full of dust and cobwebs, and I can't remember the last time I created a thread on the forum.
    I really love the people here, the games, the organization of things. It's also very welcoming, positive, and once you get the hang of it, easy to navigate. The users are fun to talk to, there's games, many things to talk about, and the mods do their job and also are friendly and fun to talk to (or to send poetry to).
    And I still haven't learned to summarize, and will continue to write ridiculously long essays for my answers.

Just being tired, and lurking about now these days. Maybe I should create a thread soon...