Thoughts on Xiaomi 10/11 Pro

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Bashful Mimosa, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Bashful Mimosa

Bashful Mimosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I heard a lot of good reviews on the online shop of Xiaomi. I thought that for a price of about 300 dollars the RAM and ROM is quite good(compared to its peers). I don't know more about the Camera but I think it's clear based on the pics uploaded by the customers.

I was saving for it so that I can finally buy on December, 'cause to be honest my cellphone is due for replacement after being abused by me (almost two years of falling, getting slightly set, overuse, reformat several times lol).

Imagine my surprise when a friend advised me not to purchase it due to snapdragon and customer service(?), she said I'm bound to get cheated with it. I already browsed the net about snapdragon but the only thing I found was an issue with SD625 but the phone I was eyeing is SD695 tho. As for CS, I hardly even talk with CS. I don't think I would have problems with this one.

It doesn't have to be something really professional level, tbh I'm too much of uncultured person to understand it. Just give me your thoughts about this one (if you have prior experience with the product) that can be understood by technology dummies like me. Thank you for your time!

Purpose: video editing, gaming, browsing, reading, watching and writing. Just the typical. • x •

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Grandpa_World likes this.
  2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese made
    Chinese Quality
    Enough said...

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These phone can be used at least 4 years. 5years + if you empty the storage and dont put too much app :D
    CS? Do we need it?

TXHY and otaku31 like this.
  4. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it isn't uncommon that Xiaomi 10 and 11 have dm-verity corruption and some other annoying OS-related errors. Also, Xiaomi's phones become more expensive after the fall of Huawei, not worth per penny as before anyway.

If you ok with China phone brands, realme or Vivo is good in both quality and price atm.

Which games do you plan to play anyway? If you play Genshin Impact or similar games, I think you should buy a gaming phone tho.

5. Molen

Molen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you care about censorship and privacy dont buy xiaomi.
    For customer support / service it depends on where you live.
    For camera, even the cheapest phone has good camera nowadays, if you dont use it as your main camera for your profesional job then it should be more than enough. If you really need a good camera, there are alot of camera with better quality out there that is cheaper than $300, just use that instead of smartphone camera.

in my experience xiaomi phone tends to be quite cheap for its spec, quite reliable too. But most of the time their cheaper models will be outdated very fast compared to their more expensive models. Sometimes it is better to save a little more and buy a bit more expensive phone for future proofing.

6. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    Very odd reason to complain about the Qualcomm SOC of a mobile phone... maybe some generations do not have good performance but in general nearly every smartphone vendor uses these... (exceptions are Apple, Google or Mediatek Chips)
    If you really are afraid about the lacking power of the mobile phone check a few benchmark comparisons sites. Literally anything else should be a bigger reason unless you really want 5G or Wifi 6E Connectivity. Then you should check if the SOC can handle 5G data transmission in Up and Downlink.