Discussion The lottery is at 2 billion USD here

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Nov 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Well even $500,000,000.00 is still nothing to laugh about. I’d take it

Grey_Angel likes this.
  2. sleepandeatallday

sleepandeatallday [Goddess of Chaos] [An unprofessional therapist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Spend them all! After all it's free money!

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd buy a few apartments. <--- secure my future in case I run out of money passive income.
    car I'd buy a 240z.
    I don't like modern cars they aren't reliable and they need more maintenance than old cars. I live in Florida so I don't have to worry about the car rusting.

example me and my cousin went on a trip out of the country for a month and when we came back my classic challenger I started it up and it was fine, but my cousins audi a4 2014 model needed to be jumpstarted cause the car ate away at the battery we ended up having to go get him a new battery which is $200+.

modern cars when you go out on a trip you need to disconnect the battery or the car will drain it. I told him several time to do it , but he still forgot.

If I had to pick a modern car for family I'd pick a land rover. I don't like most modern cars I like 90s Japanese cars and old muscle cars.
    [​IMG]

4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Move to Switzerland, put the money in a Swiss bank. Buy real estate in different countries where the law allows it and rent them out. Buy myself a decent house, not too big, with a garden, in a small town with pretty nature and nice internet. And just live there. Travel a few times a year to all the nice places in Europe, stay in Japan for a few years, visit Singapore and South Korea, maybe Taiwan. Go to a few places in Canada too. When I get old (+ a will in case I die unexpectedly), leave the rest of the money to different schools and universities of my choosing. None of the ivy leagues.

5. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Proceed with care on the apartment idea. The pandemic showed that it's possible for the government to stop payment of rent and make it really difficult to evict tenants. Set up a sizable buffer in case you get stuck in an extended fight.

6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just saying that the Powerball winner will probably pay more taxes than many "real" billionaire who "earned" their money this year.

Cutter Masterson and TamaSaga like this.
  7. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you asked then answer I will

What’s the first thing you would do?
    Buying a surprise presents to my sister. A computer around 50,000 $ since I have so much money to spend.

What’s the first thing you would buy?
    The answer is above ^

What would you do with all that money?
    Buy all the games I always wanted to play! Support all the game, novels, anime, manga, vtubers, that I always wanted to support! Buy an apartment so I can live off rent! save the rest.

What kind of car would you buy (pictures please)?
    Car? who need car when I don't ever want to go outside to work after all the money I earned?

What kind of house would you buy (pictures please)?
    An apartment, so I can live off rent..

Where would you travel?
    Japan, America, Australia, Korea, England, Europe.

What would be your first meal (pictures please)?
    download.jpg
    Manchu-Han Imperial Feast.

8. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    While that is true it also depends on the city you are living in. here in Miami ppl were still working and going outside even during the pandemic and paying their rent. office workers were already doing remote work before pandemic too.

If it was city like new york yea it happened a lot where ppl were not paying rent, but even if you rent out as an owner you would have a buffer for a good amount of time for any unforeseen accidents and lawsuits that might occur.

9. Bashful Mimosa

Bashful Mimosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I would deposit 16k of it to a certain App/Banks where there's 4-6% interest rate per year. I got 6 family members so I would be able to cover about 222k already. Hire a financial advisor and create a will(in case of accident). Buy a small apartment. Then open another bank account and deposit the rest.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s the first thing you would do? Open several bank acc for 2B, then top up all my e-money to the max.

What’s the first thing you would buy? Land+Houses+Apartments in 3 big cities. I want to buy in each islands (we have 5 big islands) but I might not have much for my dream.

What would you do with all that money? Buying things to make me (and my parents, cats and sibling) able to live without needing to work till forever. So, house/apartment, medical check up, going to dentist without worrying over money. Then, I can go shopping spree all those entertainment items, such as all kinds of manga, clothes, shoes, good gadget, very expensive skincare.

What kind of car would you buy (pictures please)? Toyota Pajero maybe.

What kind of house would you buy (pictures please)? Just common 3LDK+Bathroom +/- 80-100m. No need too big, or I'd die cleaning it.

Where would you travel? Japan, Tuscan, Egypt.

What would be your first meal (pictures please)? With the 2B? Hmm....I dunno maybe some expensive cake?

And making my dream comes true. Rescuing all the abandoned pets and helping animal to seek help.

11. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy Ufotable or Shaft and adapt Dungeon Defense.

12. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, no one won. So it’s over 2 billion now and rising. It’s getting ridiculous here

13. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy a private house that'll fit all 12 of my family members, making sure each room is a master bedroom.
    upload_2022-11-8_14-20-39.jpeg
    Then, buy tickets to my homeland (Chuuk), so I can finally see it with my own eyes. Put some aside for my college tuition since I technically won't qualify for financial need anymore lol.

I would get two cars. I've always wanted a Jeep, so obviously...
    upload_2022-11-8_14-19-36.jpeg
    And a car that can fit all of my family lol.
    upload_2022-11-8_14-18-46.jpeg

I would eat a BIG GIANT LOBSTER. Multiple lobsters, as a matter of fact.
    upload_2022-11-8_14-30-54.jpeg

14. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That thing feels so cursed to be honest.
    I want to diversify my asset portfolio first thing. having some saved on the bank where the interest rate is enough for daily livelihood, monthly spending as well as tax.
    As for car, nah. I'm not interested at all right now. it feels like a wasteful spending.
    I want to retire eventually. Personally, I just want to live somewhere where I can be mostly self sufficient, with farming that can be automated.
    travel... I'm a stay in home person. I have no interest in travelling. Wasteful spending is a vice.
    hmm... this is the scary thing for me. If I unnecessarily raises my spending habit without justification, I wonder if somewhere, sometime, the lottery curse will hit me.